BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Season's Book of Kean's most ridiculous Statements

TBTF

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9229678.You_can_judge_us_now__says_Kean/

Rovers supporters have expressed their concerns after Kean’s side started the season with three straight defeats in the Premier League, their worst start to a campaign for 60 years.

I think I’ve always said judge us at the end of the window,” said Kean, who jets to India today for his regular meeting with the club’s owners Venky’s.

“It was slow trying to get quality in but we’ve done that.

“I’m delighted for the owners and the fans that we could assemble a squad as strong as we have.

“I think the transfer window has been very good, very positive.

“There was always speculation that some of our quality was going to be leaving the club.

"That’s not happened, we’ve managed to keep the majority of the squad together and we’ve managed to add lots of quality on the last day – and the other business earlier in the window has all been excellent.

“Scott (Dann), Yakubu, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Vukcevic, we’ve made some marvellous signings.

“We’ve got another couple of young ones, Myles Anderson and the young lad from Sheffield (Slew). These are ones that will be for the future.

“When you look at the first couple of games it was difficult because we had most of our defenders injured.

“Now we can add because Scott is another defender, we’ve got Chris Samba, Gael Givet and Ryan Nelsen coming back so we’ve got lots of experience and quality that‘s all coming back at the same time.

“Then additions as well so I think that all bodes well for us having a real good go.

“Starting now I think we can genuinely put a team on the pitch with people that are fit and ready to really hit the ground running.

“I do think we should have the points on the board. If we play as well as we did against Everton, together with the additions we’ve now got and the lads coming back from injury, then I think we’ll be climbing the table very, very soon.”

Rovers went onto to have their worst complete top flight season for 66 years. And the 2nd worst in the clubs 137 year history

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9229678.You_can_judge_us_now__says_Kean/

Rovers supporters have expressed their concerns after Kean’s side started the season with three straight defeats in the Premier League, their worst start to a campaign for 60 years.

Rovers went onto to have their worst complete top flight season for 66 years. And the 2nd worst in the clubs 137 year history

They had 3 months last summer to prepare for this season and we were seriously undercooked for the Wolves match.

Fail to plan - Plan to fail.

Perfect Preperation Prevents ###### Poor Performance.

Our problems began when Kean joined, but in relation to this season the way we prepared was totally unprofessional and we have suffered badly as a result.

Scott (Dann), Yakubu, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Vukcevic, we’ve made some marvellous signings." :lol: :lol:

“We’ve got another couple of young ones, Myles Anderson and the young lad from Sheffield (Slew). These are ones that will be for the future.

“When you look at the first couple of games it was difficult because we had most of our defenders injured.

“Now we can add because Scott is another defender, we’ve got Chris Samba, Gael Givet and Ryan Nelsen coming back so we’ve got lots of experience and quality that‘s all coming back at the same time.

Samba and Nelly? Nar we don't need em do we Keano. Clown.

"We had a board meeting that had been scheduled for three months, said Kean. What we've always felt is that it was right to wait and get the points sorted out." source

"We feel we are starting to look up rather than down, Kean said. We may be able to catch a few of the teams ahead of us but first we would like to reach the required number of points as quickly as possible and look forward to enjoying the summer."source

I think I’ve always said judge us at the end of the window,” said Kean, who jets to India today for his regular meeting with the club’s owners Venky’s.

“It was slow trying to get quality in but we’ve done that.

“I’m delighted for the owners and the fans that we could assemble a squad as strong as we have.

“I think the transfer window has been very good, very positive.

“There was always speculation that some of our quality was going to be leaving the club.

"That’s not happened, we’ve managed to keep the majority of the squad together and we’ve managed to add lots of quality on the last day – and the other business earlier in the window has all been excellent.

“Scott (Dann), Yakubu, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Vukcevic, we’ve made some marvellous signings.

“Then additions as well so I think that all bodes well for us having a real good go.

“Starting now I think we can genuinely put a team on the pitch with people that are fit and ready to really hit the ground running.

“I do think we should have the points on the board. If we play as well as we did against Everton, together with the additions we’ve now got and the lads coming back from injury, then I think we’ll be climbing the table very, very soon.”

That's the one I was talking about! He then followed it up by asking the fans to judge the team after the 6 winnable games they had coming up.

"This period is massive

You look to the first phase of 10 games and it has been tough; I feel as though we should have another six points.

Now we have got games against teams around us and if our levels are as high as they have been then I am convinced we will pick up points and by the time we get to halfway we will be much in a much, much better position."

I was reading some of these to my Dad who is a Sheffield Wednesday and Celtic fan, so he doesn't have any connection to Rovers. He knows roughly what has been going on at Rovers as I've been keeping him well informed. When he heard some of these quotes he said that Kean came across as completely delusional and a tale spinner.

Kean on this Sundays Spurs away game in reference to those results at Anfield and Old Trafford....AGAIN

Never seems to refer to The Emitates though

"It gives you experience, it gives you belief that you can go to tough away grounds where nobody expects you to get something and you can do, if you have a good game plan and you have a good bunch – and I've got both."

Away defeat - 9 out of 17

Away goals conceeded - 41 in 17

A parallel thread to this one would be interesting.

Quotes from some of our own posters, denying that anything was wrong with the way the Raos and Kean were taking the club. Good move sacking Sam, gloating at the great transfer budgets that we were promised, good transfer windows, nothing wrong with ridding the club of Williams, Finn - etc, etc.

Not sure it would improve the overall verbosity of the site though. :lol:

Can't believe no one has posted this one yet:

Steve Kean wants his Blackburn players to beat Tottenham and do a lap of honour – and turn a fans' demo into a celebration.

The under-fire boss knows there will be a pre-match protest against him before the game , and admits he'd prefer to see another kind of march.

“I would like to get three points and walk the team round the ground at the end," said the Scot, whose side are bottom of the Premier League going into the weekend's games.

Link

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

’ve been playing badly for eight or nine years. It’s something I’ve always been into.

“I like Paul Weller, all the old school stuff. It’s in the house so I just have a little half-hour most evenings.

“When you’re rubbish at playing the guitar, you can’t think of anything else!”

-

You just can't make it up..

Today's Telegraph provides quite a belter:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9676400.Destiny_is_in_our_hands__insists_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/r/?ref=twt

"I think we can look at the table and think if we beat Tottenham and Wigan and then the last game we would definitely be safe and maybe even safe before that."

Why didn't anybody think of this earlier?

"We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants football club. I couldn't do what-, well, I could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jql9u7bZIKs&feature=related

Has anybody been watching the current series of The Apprentice? There's a green grocer from up north who (accent aside) reminds me of our very own Coco in the shifty bullsh*tter stakes.

Archived