BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to know the percentage who are not renewing as in compared to those who are.. seems an awful lot of people not renewing but then again the title of this thread excludes those who renew so it hard to guage the overall effect.

I have held a season ticket since 1963. I along with many others have witnessed some incredible highs and also some incredible lows in that time. Nevertheless the times of famine I stood on the terraces in the third division and at least was able to watch a team of players who always gave their all regardless of skill level. I could identify with them and always had the pleasure of spending my hard won cash to see a team who gave value for money.

Behind that team there was always a board that cared about the fans. We may not have had a wonderful stadium or a top notch winning team, but it was our team and our club.

When Uncle Jack came along, great things happened. We then became a force to be reckoned with and had a stadium to match those aspirations. The part that remained the same was the structure behind what we saw on the pitch. A board who understood what we fans wanted, and who ran the day to day business on a sound footing. In short, the good of the club came first.

As soon as the last link to Jack, the vastly experienced John Williams, left the club, I feared the worst. That fear has turned out to be justified. It has been a rapid downhill decent since then.

It saddens me so much to have to admit that I will no longer be buying a season ticket after so many years of following the club I love, but I am afraid it feels that it is not my club anymore. One of the best run clubs in the country is reduced to a laughing stock.

Owners, who have no comprehension of how to run a football club. They have robbed us of our heritage, besmirched the memory of Jack Walker and believe that Coco the Clown is a top manager. They have systematically raped the club I love. They have turned fan against fan

A so called manager who is obviously out of his depth with zero man management skills and tactical awareness.

I cannot stomach the way the press lap up every lie he spouts.

Jerome Anderson because he is an agent and I hate all agents. They are the scourge of the modern game. Lining their pockets with my money will no longer be an option.

I felt that the so called fan zone outside the Blackburn End was patronizing. I will not spend one penny on such rubbish.

What lies ahead is anybody’s guess, but I fear the worst. Relegation to Division One would, in the normal world, not be the end, but in this context in might mean just that. For all the fans who march in protest I salute you all, but alas your efforts are strangled by the press reporting and twisting of the facts. On Saturday the whole ground rocked with “Venky’s Out”. Is it any surprise to read on the BBC football web site that “a section of fans again calling for Kean and owners Venky's to leave the club?” This is reported by someone at the match and still they have to tell lies.

However long it takes to get rid of these owners and the puppet manager and his cronies, I will certainly return to watch my beloved club in whatever division they may ultimately fall into.

I just hope I am still drawing breath by then.

So far 43% down to the choice of manager.......

Wish Venkys would listen and start to repair the club!!!

Why would they listen? Where are they going to get another manager like Kean? He does exactly as he is told by Desai without question. Any manager worth their salt would have told her were to stick her chickens long ago. Kean is not the problem, merely a symptom of the real problem which is the woman in Pune who thinks she knows how to run a football club!

I have held a season ticket since 1963. I along with many others have witnessed some incredible highs and also some incredible lows in that time. Nevertheless the times of famine I stood on the terraces in the third division and at least was able to watch a team of players who always gave their all regardless of skill level. I could identify with them and always had the pleasure of spending my hard won cash to see a team who gave value for money.

Behind that team there was always a board that cared about the fans. We may not have had a wonderful stadium or a top notch winning team, but it was our team and our club.

When Uncle Jack came along, great things happened. We then became a force to be reckoned with and had a stadium to match those aspirations. The part that remained the same was the structure behind what we saw on the pitch. A board who understood what we fans wanted, and who ran the day to day business on a sound footing. In short, the good of the club came first.

As soon as the last link to Jack, the vastly experienced John Williams, left the club, I feared the worst. That fear has turned out to be justified. It has been a rapid downhill decent since then.

It saddens me so much to have to admit that I will no longer be buying a season ticket after so many years of following the club I love, but I am afraid it feels that it is not my club anymore. One of the best run clubs in the country is reduced to a laughing stock.

Owners, who have no comprehension of how to run a football club. They have robbed us of our heritage, besmirched the memory of Jack Walker and believe that Coco the Clown is a top manager. They have systematically raped the club I love. They have turned fan against fan

A so called manager who is obviously out of his depth with zero man management skills and tactical awareness.

Jerome Anderson because he is an agent and I hate all agents. They are the scourge of the modern game. Lining their pockets with my money will no longer be an option.

I felt that the so called fan zone outside the Blackburn End was patronizing. I will not spend one penny on such rubbish.

What lies ahead is anybody’s guess, but I fear the worst. Relegation to Division One would, in the normal world, not be the end, but in this context in might mean just that. For all the fans who march in protest I salute you all, but alas your efforts are strangled by the press reporting and twisting of the facts. On Saturday the whole ground rocked with “Venky’s Out”. Is it any surprise to read on the BBC football web site that “a section of fans again calling for Kean and owners Venky's to leave the club?” This is reported by someone at the match and still they have to tell lies.

However long it takes to get rid of these owners and the puppet manager and his cronies, I will certainly return to watch my beloved club in whatever division they may ultimately fall into.

Shout it from the rooftops Ian rally! :tu:

Why would they listen? Where are they going to get another manager like Kean? He does exactly as he is told by Desai without question. Any manager worth their salt would have told her were to stick her chickens long ago. Kean is not the problem, merely a symptom of the real problem which is the woman in Pune who thinks she knows how to run a football club!

Yes I agree Parson, the way she thinks, if she can think, even her curries will be crap!!

Good post from yet another one of the Babyboomer generation. Does rather support my personal theory that the fall off is biased toward the over 45's.

Remarkeable similarity to the fall off in the 60's after the FA Cup no show.

If those Hunts want to make a start they need to correlate age into their thinking. As it stands the Riverside will be empty.

Good post from yet another one of the Babyboomer generation. Does rather support my personal theory that the fall off is biased toward the over 45's.

Remarkeable similarity to the fall off in the 60's after the FA Cup no show.

If those Hunts want to make a start they need to correlate age into their thinking. As it stands the Riverside will be empty.

Don't forget, Blackburn college are coming to the rescue

Thats a pretty smart post Ian Rally, I am pleased someone has sent it on the media.

I just cannot part with my money, no matter how much BRFC is in my blood and tattooed across my heart I just cannot lend my support to the muppets in charge, the clueless manager and the inept backroom senior management.

I dont fear the drop, its not about that. Its the manner that this club has been dismantled from the roots upwards. The institution is about to fall and BRFC is not the club we all used to know and love, its a whole different baby now.

I utterly respect those fans that have renewed amnd furthermore I respect your comments about why it is you have renewed. I do hoever have the overwhelming feeling that there is some ignorance on here being shown as to just how bad our predicament will become when the drop occurs. Its more than just Championship football and having to sell the rest of the "best players", its about the club being able to survive ADMINISTRATION and a points deduction, its about SURVIVING another relegation fight.

Ask yourselves which players are going to come to this club to enable a challenge for promotion ?

Which manager is going to come to this club and produce a team capable of challenging the already established Championship also rans ?

I will tell you this much, with this fool at the helm we will face a fight to even have a chance of mid table let alone going for the play offs or a top 2 spot. He simply does not have the qualities as we have seen to manage a team to success.

There is not a chance we would see a decent manager at the helm in a lower league and even if we did just what is going to be the cost of a promotion challenge ? Even more daunting just what is it going to cost to put out a team to survive a new Premier League season if the club somehow managed a miracle and went back up at the first time of asking ?

The only way I will renew is if the club see sense and sack this clueless fool before the end of June. Until then I am keeping my money stashed. Venkys for me are not the real issue, I am certain that with the right guidance added to the now seemingly adequate knowledge they have acquired through watching the media, reading and watchiung and listening to the clueless one that they could actually put some things right. Its a long shot I know, but if they really did sit up and take notice that they have been swindled then they do have the capacity and money to put something back into the club.

Right now the first step is KEAN OUT and a football man put in charge behind the scenes, only then will BRFC become a semblence of a football club once more.

KEAN OUT

Main reasons for not renewing:

- Structure of the club (Board etc) destroyed by Venkys

- Anderson allowed to influence matters at the club

- Treatment of JW,Finn,Allardyce

- Constant battering of the fans in the media, without ANYONE at the club defending the fans.

- Kean's lies, lies, lies

- The disgraceful treatment of fans by Venkys,Kean,Agnew,Hunt,Newsham who clearly value their own welfare ahead of the fans.

NB: I had STs for both the seasons we were last relegated, didn't think twice about renewing.

My reasons are that the 1 Blackburn Rovers is being systematically dismantled as a credible football club ..Williams , Finn, Sam etc

2 Kean is keeping hold of his job , for non footballing reasons , when it is obvious he should never had been appointed in the 1st place ..

3 Fans , the life blood of any club are being treated like dirt , by the club (Agnew , Hunt etc ) a proganda campaign is being waged against us ..

4 This relegation as been staged managed delibrately in my opinion ( selling of the better and more experianced players , Givet , Simon not being picked)

5 Why ?? I do not know ..

But until the day Kean leaves , May day will be my last appearance on Ewood Park and I will not renew my season ticket until Venkys have gone too and a credible board of directors installed ...I am 49 and been going on since 1969 ...I am happy to watch 3rd division football ,seen it twice before if we can rid ourselves of these people ..

Yep, it's an easy one really.

Can't justify traveling from Aylesbury to Ewood for every home game while Venky's continue to rip the heart out of the club and they continue to employ a manager that's completely out of his depth, a liar and an atrocious man-manager.

I'm not spending my hard-earned money on rewarding that kind of behaviour.

Ditto......but from Fife, although the distance and expense has never stopped me before the present catastrophical regime came in. So if/when they are all gone I will be back; always supposing that this happy event comes pretty damned soon, as I haven't got much time left!!!!

What lies ahead is anybody's guess, but I fear the worst. Relegation to Division One would, in the normal world, not be the end, but in this context in might mean just that. For all the fans who march in protest I salute you all, but alas your efforts are strangled by the press reporting and twisting of the facts. On Saturday the whole ground rocked with "Venky's Out". Is it any surprise to read on the BBC football web site that "a section of fans again calling for Kean and owners Venky's to leave the club?" This is reported by someone at the match and still they have to tell lies.

What a great post......It says virtually every word that I feel myself and would like to have said. And I mean every single word too.

What has happened to our great club since the arrival of the Venkys has quite simply been an unmitigated disaster without one single remitting action from day one, and the sooner BRFC is rid of this utterly clueless lot, the better it will be for all. And as for the vast majority of the media........words fail me, but snivelling, creeping, dishonest liars spring to mind amongst other unprintable adjectives!!!!

Archived