BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

Well - the totally inept performance today has made up my mind - I cannot risk another season of seeing a squad (which I think was just about good enough to stay up) under achieve because of the inpetness of the manager. If Venky's don't believe me - watch Sky - listen to the pundits - and look at the stats - our best youth players of a generation totally wasted by Mr Steve Kean. Oh - and he has also lost you two ST sales - though this is the tip of the iceberg.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - the totally inept performance today has made up my mind - I cannot risk another season of seeing a squad (which I think was just about good enough to stay up) under achieve because of the inpetness of the manager. If Venky's don't believe me - watch Sky - listen to the pundits - and look at the stats - our best youth players of a generation totally wasted by Mr Steve Kean. Oh - and he has also lost you two ST sales - though this is the tip of the iceberg.

Why has it taken you so long to come to your senses?

I must say anybody rushing to renew before the ST deadline and getting their tickets in the last few days must be feeling pretty bloody sick right now.

I must say anybody rushing to renew before the ST deadline and getting their tickets in the last few days must be feeling pretty bloody sick right now.

It isn't about coming to my senses - I want the best for Rovers - I lived in eternal hope that things would turn around.

Anybody that has renewed - I applaud you - but personally I can't take any more Kean ineptness. I just hope for everybodies sake - that Kean is removed at the end of the season and a "manager" is employed to hopefully take the club forward.

P.S. Don't push at the moment - very depressed, more than a little drunk - and not in the mood for "I told u so"

If anyone is still undecided, then reflect on todays performce and think. is this the rovers that i grew up with?

• Backroom

our best youth players of a generation totally wasted by Mr Steve Kean.

This point cannot be emphasised strongly enough. We have some top quality youth coming through the ranks... but they're being failed massively by our owners and manager. I just hope the real talents - Henley, Hanley, Lowe - move away quickly and get their development back on track, forgetting everything Kean has told them.

This point cannot be emphasised strongly enough. We have some top quality youth coming through the ranks... but they're being failed massively by our owners and manager. I just hope the real talents - Henley, Hanley, Lowe - move away quickly and get their development back on track, forgetting everything Kean has told them.

Now we are in the championship I don't think anybody with top quality talent will need telling to leave. I've seen enough top players leave our club to last a bloody lifetime.

I began watching Blackburn Rovers when I was seven years old, when my Dad used to put me on the small running board that ran round the perimeter wall. (No health and safety in those days).I have watched them ever since and been a season ticket holder for over 50 years (apart from a spell when I took up refereeing in the 80’s, and even then used to dash down to the ground and watch the last 30 minutes.

I have sat in the same seat in the Riverside since the stand was built in 1985 and over the past 55 years have seen many highs and lows of the club. Promotion back to the old first division in 1958 when we won the first 3 games scoring 5 goals in each game. The Cup final in 1960 I will miss out. The disastrous start to the 1965 season due to the polio outbreak in Blackburn and eventual relegation. It was in the late 60’s when I started going to the away games and since then have clocked up more than 60 grounds in the country, many of which are no longer even in the league. Hitch hiking to places like Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and London was the norm. 1971 saw relegation again, but that was never seen as a problem with Ken Furphy as manager. The wonderful promotion of 1975 remembering Stuart Metcalfe run half the length of the pitch to score at Port Vale. 1991 saw the arrival of Kenny after Don Mackay had done his wheeling and dealing for 5 years. The play-off final at Wembley when we beat Leicester to become founder members of the Premiership. This was now the Jack Walker era and who would have believed the transformation of the club.

Who can forget that marvellous day on 14th May 1995 at Anfield. Certainly a dream come true. 4 years later of course, we were back in division one, but Graeme Souness soon got us back. What a night that was at Preston with Matt Jansen scoring the only goal. A visit to Cardiff saw Rovers win the Worthington cup in 2002.

Europe never quite agreed with Rovers, but I enjoyed driving down to Lyon and flying off to Krakow, to see Rovers win their first European away game. Even going on pre-season tours to Austria and Germany in 2001 and 2002 was a great way to take a holiday.

So why after all these great times have I decided not to renew my season ticket? Probably like a number of others in that I am not prepared to put any further money in the pockets of Venky’s or listen to any more lies from the manager. I have been paying £1.00 a week in the Rovers Readies or the old Double your Money for the past 25 years, and not won a penny, but no more. I feel very angry and disappointed that as far as I am concerned, Rovers have been completely ruined by the Indian owners.

I have been a member of this message board for over 11 years and whilst not always agreeing with a number of posters, have enjoyed the banter. This therefore is my final post as I cannot bear to even go next Monday and watch the final nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers.. So over and out and thank you.

I began watching Blackburn Rovers when I was seven years old, when my Dad used to put me on the small running board that ran round the perimeter wall. (No health and safety in those days).I have watched them ever since and been a season ticket holder for over 50 years (apart from a spell when I took up refereeing in the 80’s, and even then used to dash down to the ground and watch the last 30 minutes.

I have sat in the same seat in the Riverside since the stand was built in 1985 and over the past 55 years have seen many highs and lows of the club. Promotion back to the old first division in 1958 when we won the first 3 games scoring 5 goals in each game. The Cup final in 1960 I will miss out. The disastrous start to the 1965 season due to the polio outbreak in Blackburn and eventual relegation. It was in the late 60’s when I started going to the away games and since then have clocked up more than 60 grounds in the country, many of which are no longer even in the league. Hitch hiking to places like Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and London was the norm. 1971 saw relegation again, but that was never seen as a problem with Ken Furphy as manager. The wonderful promotion of 1975 remembering Stuart Metcalfe run half the length of the pitch to score at Port Vale. 1991 saw the arrival of Kenny after Don Mackay had done his wheeling and dealing for 5 years. The play-off final at Wembley when we beat Leicester to become founder members of the Premiership. This was now the Jack Walker era and who would have believed the transformation of the club.

Who can forget that marvellous day on 14th May 1995 at Anfield. Certainly a dream come true. 4 years later of course, we were back in division one, but Graeme Souness soon got us back. What a night that was at Preston with Matt Jansen scoring the only goal. Another visit to Wembley saw Rovers win the Worthington cup in 2002.

Europe never quite agreed with Rovers, but I enjoyed driving down to Lyon and flying off to Krakow, to see Rovers win their first European away game. Even going on pre-season tours to Austria and Germany in 2001 and 2002 was a great way to take a holiday.

So why after all these great times have I decided not to renew my season ticket? Probably like a number of others in that I am not prepared to put any further money in the pockets of Venky’s or listen to any more lies from the manager. I have been paying £1.00 a week in the Rovers Readies or the old Double your Money for the past 25 years, and not won a penny, but no more. I feel very angry and disappointed that as far as I am concerned, Rovers have been completely ruined by the Indian owners.

I have been a member of this message board for over 11 years and whilst not agreeing with a number of posters, have enjoyed the banter. This therefore is my final post as I cannot bear to even go next Monday and watch the final nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers.. So over and out and thank you.

John, that is such a heart breaking post.

Who can forget that marvellous day on 14th May 1995 at Anfield. Certainly a dream come true. 4 years later of course, we were back in division one, but Graeme Souness soon got us back. What a night that was at Preston with Matt Jansen scoring the only goal. Another visit to Wembley saw Rovers win the Worthington cup in 2002.

I have been a member of this message board for over 11 years and whilst not agreeing with a number of posters, have enjoyed the banter. This therefore is my final post as I cannot bear to even go next Monday and watch the final nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers.. So over and out and thank you.

Good heartfelt post John and one that I could easily have mirrored 12 months ago. It was ruined then for me. This season was inevitably always going to end this way.

I began watching Blackburn Rovers when I was seven years old,.......

I have been a member of this message board for over 11 years and whilst not always agreeing with a number of posters, have enjoyed the banter. This therefore is my final post as I cannot bear to even go next Monday and watch the final nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers.. So over and out and thank you.

Sympathies, John but don't abandon this messageboard just because of the lying Raos. Stick with us, mate. We'll be alright in the end, you know.

Who can forget that marvellous day on 14th May 1995 at Anfield. Certainly a dream come true. 4 years later of course, we were back in division one, but Graeme Souness soon got us back. What a night that was at Preston with Matt Jansen scoring the only goal. A visit to Cardiff saw Rovers win the Worthington cup in 2002.

John,

from when I first discovered this m/b, initially I remember two things. Firstly, I remember you - and secondly I remember how dignified the posters were and how civilised the conversation was. I was impressed by that. You seemed to disappear for quite a few years - except for the odd post, but then kind of re-emerged when you told us that you had spoken to the club asking for the "kean out" banners to be banned from Ewood. At that point you disappointed me. I guessed [wrongly] that you were in line with many posters who will support the club come what may. Apparently I was wrong. I know exactly how you feel, because I feel the same way myself.

I hope you don't stop posting, but if you do, then be aware that someone on here appreciates your contribution over the years.

Keep well.

Totally understand John. All the best to you and I hope to see you soon.

Ironic.

Bloke who sides with the club over the protesters, who ruined his enjoyment of Rovers, bales.

Bloke who sides with the protesters over the club, who ruined his enjoyment of Rovers, renews.

It's a strange old world.

Yes I do! I had flurry of emotion and wanted to renew... I feel sick!

That made a grown man cry.

The destruction of a historic and great football club. "It's all the fans' fault"

That made a grown man cry.

The destruction of a historic and great football club. "It's all the fans' fault"

Ask for your money back on the basis that Rovers are in breach of the Trades Descriptions Act by purporting to be a football club.

.....sorry this should have been a reply to Buckshaw Rover!

Such a sad but great post ^^^

I have this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, one day in the not too distant future i will be telling my nieces & nephews "Do you know Blackburn used to have it`s own team?" :(

Such a sad but great post ^^^

I have this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, one day in the not too distant future i will be telling my nieces & nephews "Do you know Blackburn used to have it`s own team?" :(

2nd Founder member to fold? Entirely possible under our slumdog millionaires.

Sorry to lift your spirits but:

-Mr Howarth has always been a miserable git on the Riverside

-We have been here at least 5 times post-war and we will spring back

-'you' have been warning 'the rest of us' that this was going to happen since January 2011

and just because 'you' were right means 'you' have had plenty of time to get adjusted

-this Relegation has been an accident waiting to happen since 'Uncle Jack' died and latterly

since Hughesy left

Support BRSIT rather than statusbuilding on this site. Keep the Faith.

Anyone thinking of abandonning ROVERS to watch Stanley are in for frustratring time there...Forever on the up than suddenly they let the entire squad go to other clubs either for nothing or peanuts.and they have to build again.Hair Wrenching every end of season..Genuis Coleman was brillant at rebuilding but now hes gone.too..Still thinks theres hope for Rovers if we get the right manager who is allowed to pick his own signings and Venkys dont run off with the parachute payment.Steve Bruce for me..

Cannot argue with anyone who has not renewed their season tickets. Having attended for over 35 year I feel exactly the same way about the club at this time and my thoughts on the stupidity of Venkean are well documented.

However, I have just renewed my tickets. Three in total.

There are many reasons why people may renew, some of which may be highly personal and have little to do with parasites from India and bullshitting Scottish morons.

I see my lad once every two weeks when we go to watch the Rovers. He has had a season ticket since he was 7, but always in the PL. Strangely, he is quite looking forward to seeing different teams and visiting different grounds. I cannot say I am in anyway looking forward to next season, but I will enjoy seeing my son.

For now I think it is worth noting that not all fans renewing their tickets are pledging support to the Venky's and Kean, in fact far from it and should not be blindly criticised purely for renewing.

I was laughed at by some on here and on twitter (where my comment was made an example of), by stating after Wigan away in Kean's first season that Kean should be sacked and in the abscence of more qualified alternatives, Nelsen could be made player manager.

I have been one of the Venky's and Keans fiercest critics, way before many Rovers fans cottoned on about the problems we would face. I hated parting with my money this time round for the first time ever, but at the end of the day life goes on and my own personal priorities are to remain in contact with my boy, with shared interests and activities.

Cannot argue with anyone who has not renewed their season tickets. Having attended for over 35 year I feel exactly the same way about the club at this time and my thoughts on the stupidity of Venkean are well documented.

However, I have just renewed my tickets. Three in total.

There are many reasons why people may renew, some of which may be highly personal and have little to do with parasites from India and bullshitting Scottish morons.

I see my lad once every two weeks when we go to watch the Rovers. He has had a season ticket since he was 7, but always in the PL. Strangely, he is quite looking forward to seeing different teams and visiting different grounds. I cannot say I am in anyway looking forward to next season, but I will enjoy seeing my son.

For now I think it is worth noting that not all fans renewing their tickets are pledging support to the Venky's and Kean, in fact far from it and should not be blindly criticised purely for renewing.

I was laughed at by some on here and on twitter (where my comment was made an example of), by stating after Wigan away in Kean's first season that Kean should be sacked and in the abscence of more qualified alternatives, Nelsen could be made player manager.

I have been one of the Venky's and Keans fiercest critics, way before many Rovers fans cottoned on about the problems we would face. I hated parting with my money this time round for the first time ever, but at the end of the day life goes on and my own personal priorities are to remain in contact with my boy, with shared interests and activities.

Well said onlyoneJW. However I'm sure a run out in the car every other Sat with your lad to the Dales or the Lakes or the races or the Rugby club etc would provide for a far more enjoyable experience that Ewood if this lot stay on. It's getting like sitting by the bed of a terminally ill aged relative waiting for them to die.

I'm not criticising anyone OJW, but isn't it a fact that by renewing, people are supporting them? It's easy to say they aren't, but the fact is that they are supporting the owners and the way they're running the club. They're supporting them by their attendance and they're supporting them financially. That's the ultimate support. If you put your money into any club [political, social or otherwise] or party, you're supporting them.

Fair enough if you do renew, but you have to accept that you are supporting them.

Well said onlyoneJW. However I'm sure a run out in the car every other Sat with your lad to the Dales or the Lakes or the races or the Rugby club etc would provide for a far more enjoyable experience that Ewood if this lot stay on. It's getting like sitting by the bed of a terminally ill aged relative waiting for them to die.

Cheers. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to get my teenage lad interested in areas of outstanding natural beauty! Plug him into an electronic device and he is off and running with playing and supporting football his other main interests.

I'm not criticising anyone OJW, but isn't it a fact that by renewing, people are supporting them? It's easy to say they aren't, but the fact is that they are supporting the owners and the way they're running the club. They're supporting them by their attendance and they're supporting them financially. That's the ultimate support. If you put your money into any club [political, social or otherwise] or party, you're supporting them.

Fair enough if you do renew, but you have to accept that you are supporting them.

I hated giving them my money like I said.

Archived