BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

I hated giving them my money like I said.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not prepared to do that yet. Getting rid of Kean and appointing an experienced manager would suggest that the Raos might have changed their ways. If they do that, I'll renew. I couldn't stand another full season like the one we've just had. There has been absolutely nothing to enjoy.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough if you do renew, but you have to accept that you are supporting them.

NO I hate them and with a passion but (mainly thru my lad) I refuse to lets the chicken dippers drive me out.It was myclub before they came and will be again but RTID.Its nothing to do with supporting them whatsover, like has been said season tickets are irrelent to them when they get more if utd win the league than season ticket money.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not prepared to do that yet. Getting rid of Kean and appointing an experienced manager would suggest that the Raos might have changed their ways. If they do that, I'll renew. I couldn't stand another full season like the one we've just had. There has been absolutely nothing to enjoy.

Exactly Den, the worst season I have ever endured in all my time supporting the club across three divisions. With little to enjoy at anytime. Renewing my tickets felt like I was going against all I believe in.

You never know I may get lucky and both the owners and their patsy may have disappeared before next season, because as you correctly point out, until such time as we get a football manager we are nailed on for continued confusion, uncertainty and misery as the club lurches from one disaster to another.

I may add I have not been a regular away traveller this season, nor bought from the concourses, or from the club shop. A small financial protest of my own that has lasted 12 months or so. Like I said, I fully understand anyone not renewing their tickets and do not blame them in the slightest. If it was just me that I was concerned about, there is absolutely no chance I would have renewed my season ticket and would have happily busied myself elsewhere until such time as the clueless chicken pluckers had been removed.

NO I hate them and with a passion but (mainly thru my lad) I refuse to lets the chicken dippers drive me out.It was myclub before they came and will be again but RTID.Its nothing to do with supporting them whatsover, like has been said season tickets are irrelent to them when they get more if utd win the league than season ticket money.

Keep telling yourself that.

Abbey: Every year as Christmas time approaches I get bombarded with letters from various charities and good causes all asking me for my SUPPORT. I always select a few of my favourite ones and give them each a cheque for a small amount (either £5 or £10) which is all I can afford. So are you now trying to tell me that because of the small donaton size wrt the greater needs of each charity that I am not in fact supporting them at all?

Hopefully this coming Christmas I will be able to help more charities with the money I wont be wasting going down to Blackburn to watch any more of that dross!!

Well I replied to the reminder they sent out. I don't suppose they'll read it or take any notice if they do, but I felt i needed to say that it's nothing to do with Championship football and everything to do with Kean and Venkys. My normally very mild-mannered husband was actually moved to real anger at the situation for the first time yesterday and that really confirmed the decision we had made not to renew. I understand people have different takes on this but i have to agree that putting money, however small an amount, into their coffers is supporting themand legitimising them and I could not do it now.

I'm not criticising anyone OJW, but isn't it a fact that by renewing, people are supporting them? It's easy to say they aren't, but the fact is that they are supporting the owners and the way they're running the club. They're supporting them by their attendance and they're supporting them financially. That's the ultimate support. If you put your money into any club [political, social or otherwise] or party, you're supporting them.

Fair enough if you do renew, but you have to accept that you are supporting them.

Can't agree with you on that Den. I've renewed and I've been outspoken the risks of foreign ownership before Venkys arrived and was one if the first to question their intentions - and got more than my fair share of derision for it.

I'm not looking forward to next season, I think it will be dreadful but I will be there for all the reasons I stated last week on here.

I was one of the first to be against the Raos and I'll be the last to offer them my support.......but they will not force me out of Ewood.

Can't agree with you on that Den. I've renewed and I've been outspoken the risks of foreign ownership before Venkys arrived and was one if the first to question their intentions - and got more than my fair share of derision for it.

I'm not looking forward to next season, I think it will be dreadful but I will be there for all the reasons I stated last week on here.

I was one of the first to be against the Raos and I'll be the last to offer them my support.......but they will not force me out of Ewood.

You might disagree with Den but you don't actually have anything to support your argument.

Not letting Venky's force you out of the club is simply a strawman designed to validate your decision. Why would they want to force you out? They'll be relishing the fans who are still willing to back them despite bringing the club to its knees.

At the end of the day, people renew because football is an escapism from the transient, meaningless nature of earthly life. However, I'd much rather pay £200 for an escapism that doesn't feel like I'm trapped in a bad episode of the Twilight zone.

Last minute renewal.. I just can't allow these current owners stop me doing something I've done and loved doing all my life. I cling to the hope they will be gone sooner than later and then we can move as ONE!

It's a tough and horrible period we are going through, and my worry is if I didn't turn up next season that could spell the end for me, and that would be the wrong way to bow out after all these years.

A Rovers supporter for a little over 40 years and over 25 years STH!!

Unless I am wrong those renewers are in for one hell of a sh1t season. Apart from the fact that I think we'll be struggling against relegation they could easily be outsung and even on occasion outnumbered in an 'echoey' Stadium with the sound effects of a swimming baths. Worst of all the atmosphere and entire match day experience will be something that I would not want to suffer. Walking to Ewood every fortnight will be like walking to the gallows.

Topman I think you have failed to understand my post. I was one of the very first to recognise the Raos for what they are and took plenty of stick for being so negative about our owners. Being right from the word go gives me no pleasure though i do hope some fans will have learnt to think more deeply about what is in front of them. £££ is not the answer. At no point have I expressed any support for the Rao family and I doubt I ever will. Compare that with the thousands who criticised myself and a few others for being negative. It's always easy to follow the crowd.

I have consistently argued against foreign ownership of our clubs for perhaps ten years or more. I posted my reasons for renewing a week ago and won't bore everyone with those again.

I certainly do not need to build a straw man to justify continuing to go to Ewood. My life is full, interesting and stimulating, following Rovers is a small part of my social life not that it makes me any less passionate than others - sorry to read yours is transient and meaningless which presumably us the case if you believe it true for others.

Deadline passed and I still have 3 and a half ton in my account and I dont feel saddened one single bit about not renewing my season ticket.

KUDOS to those who have and KUDOS to those who have refrained, left or whatever.

This club is on its knees and I genuinely feel that the club will not survive or be able to finish next season. Administration is a real possibility and please dont knock it or say it wont happen. BRFC does not have any substance, does not have a hardcore of 18000 supporters who will turn in game after game and does not have the infrastructure for survival.

I genuinely feel the trap door to Div 1 is being opened as we speak. This club is in free fall and will drop like a stone. I am not prepared to give my money to these clueless scumbags who have ruined our club, taken our pride and embarassed our colours.

KEAN OUT

Topman I think you have failed to understand my post. I was one of the very first to recognise the Raos for what they are and took plenty of stick for being so negative about our owners. Being right from the word go gives me no pleasure though i do hope some fans will have learnt to think more deeply about what is in front of them. £££ is not the answer. At no point have I expressed any support for the Rao family and I doubt I ever will. Compare that with the thousands who criticised myself and a few others for being negative. It's always easy to follow the crowd.

It's all well and good saying that Paul but it would be equatable to me recognizing an electronics company for making shoddy, second-rate crap.... only to persist in buying their merchandise and complain about the fact. More fool me, eh? I know people find it hard to separate Blackburn Rovers the club from Blackburn Rovers the business entity, but right now who in their right mind would want to buy this product? The owners, the manager, the playing staff, right down to the stadium manager. None of them have any respect for their paying public and have rewarded their loyalty with nothing but lies, deceit and relegation in the past 18 months.

I certainly do not need to build a straw man to justify continuing to go to Ewood.

Well, you obviously do. You just did it. And you're not the first.

My life is full, interesting and stimulating, following Rovers is a small part of my social life not that it makes me any less passionate than others - sorry to read yours is transient and meaningless which presumably us the case if you believe it true for others.

Not at all, Paul. It's a simple truism. If your social is life is that rewarding, I have to question why you would want to sour it by putting yourself through another season of Venky's FC, which was exactly my original point.

To be frank you're not making much of a point here. One reason for renewing, and for me a very significant one, is I would not deny my son his pleasure in order to fulfill any wish I may or may not have to use the STs as a protest tool against the Raos.

When we play Burnley I hope you and all the other non-renewers continue to be true to their beliefs and do not attend either of those games. I await the outcome with interest. I wonder how many strawmen will be built that week?

Last minute renewal.. I just can't allow these current owners stop me doing something I've done and loved doing all my life. I cling to the hope they will be gone sooner than later and then we can move as ONE!

It's a tough and horrible period we are going through, and my worry is if I didn't turn up next season that could spell the end for me, and that would be the wrong way to bow out after all these years.

A Rovers supporter for a little over 40 years and over 25 years STH!!

Me too after wrestling with the decision for weeks.

I hate kean and i hate venkys but i support Blackburn Rovers.

I don't know Paul, but I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm saying.

onlyonejackwalker was making the point earlier, [and a point that many have argued] that by renewing he wasn't supporting the owners or Kean. My reply to that is that it is a fact that he's supporting them. Look at it this way - my view has always been that a fan is someone who sits in his armchair and watches his team. A supporter gets involved, puts his cash into the club and gets down to the ground. Putting money into any business is supporting it.

Of course I know that you feel exactly the same as me - and practically everyone else about what's going on. My problem is that by buying into this with a ST, I am backing them. There's no other way I could support them apart from going to games and paying my money - so I would be supporting the Raos financially. Whether it's a minimal amount in the big scheme of things makes no difference to that principle.

Honestly though, I feel no malice whatsoever to those who have already renewed. We all do what we're comfortable with. If Venky's sack Kean, I'll be back there along with your good self. It isn't a big deal in any way. As far as ST sales go, Venky's will reap what they've sown. If the fans aren't happy with what's gone on, the fans will walk away. Venky's will judge whether the fans are behind them by the attendances next season. They wouldn't admit to that of course, but that's the only way they can really judge the popularity of their product.

To be frank you're not making much of a point here. One reason for renewing, and for me a very significant one, is I would not deny my son his pleasure in order to fulfill any wish I may or may not have to use the STs as a protest tool against the Raos.

When we play Burnley I hope you and all the other non-renewers continue to be true to their beliefs and do not attend either of those games. I await the outcome with interest. I wonder how many strawmen will be built that week?

If Venky's and Kean are still here that will be another record he breaks

Hope Ralfinho doesn't mind me quoting him here but can't we leave the inquest into and condemnation of those who've renewed til after Wigan, at least?

rather than bickering on here, lets all join in together for our last ever PL home match and give our incompetent manager and useless owners grief for 90 mins, then we can carry on bickering after. This week should all be about uniting and showing the world just how much we hate these clown and what they have done

I didn't do ours in the end, just couldn't be bothered. I was thinking about doing it this morning but then I read Keans quotes in the telewag and I changed my mind. They can get stuffed and I'll buy a season ticket if and when I please, not when their fecking relentless emails tell me too.

We sold 15000+ ST's last year, I think they'll be sweating looking at the figures in the morning.

Still couldn't have done any harm.

I didn't do ours in the end, just couldn't be bothered. I was thinking about doing it this morning but then I read Keans quotes in the telewag and I changed my mind. They can get stuffed and I'll buy a season ticket if and when I please, not when their fecking relentless emails tell me too.

Good post.

It appears not renewing entitles you to a badge of honour.

Why don't the non renewers form picket lines and hurl insults at supporters entering the ground next season.

Watching tonight's game, you have to think of city's trip to the 2nd division and back. Through all their poor management they stuck with the TEAM through thick and thin.

Archived