BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Book Coming Out In June

I have read with interest the comments on the Steve Kean book. It was clear to me back in August (as it was to most Rovers fans) where the club was heading. I started working on a book In August 2011 and secured a publishing deal just before Christmas.

Agents, Rovers and Cricket Loving Owners is the full story of what has been going on at Rovers over the last 2 years.

Nobody wants to read a 300-page whinge so I have tried my best to inform, amuse and entertain. Most of the quotes on the thread started yesterday about Steve Kean have made in to the book - there are also some classics from Anderson, Mrs Desai, Venkatesh, the one that looks like Barry White, Jason Roberts, Paul Merson and many more.

I have spoken to the site administrators who are happy for me to post a link to my site www.rovertaken.co.uk

A free downloadable copy of Chapter 1 is on the website. Feel free to download a copy and let me know what you think. Hopefully this is something Rovers fans will want to get behind. We all want the same thing at the end of the day - for the club to be run properly and for going to games to be enjoyable.

Feel free to get in touch by Twitter @rovertakenmb, Facebook Michael Blackburn or e-mail. Come on you, Blues!

Read the first chapter , does look a good read, hope Kean's personal local Pr man , Agnew gets a special mention for his part in all this .

Just one thing does not seem to mention anything on the site about overseas shipping costs for sales .

Looks good an all, but your only problem is how fast the situation can and is changing at Rovers. By the time the book's published in June, we'll have been relegated and could possibly be looking at administration or new owners.

That will be volume 2 :)

Looks good an all, but your only problem is how fast the situation can and is changing at Rovers. By the time the book's published in June, we'll have been relegated and could possibly be looking at administration or new owners.

Thank you! The book goes to the printers the week after last game of the season. Plenty of writing to be done between now and then. If anybody has anything that they think might be worth putting in it then by all means e-mail me on michael.blackburn@live.co.uk I think I have got most of the main stuff covered off. Did you know that Kean was part of the Save a Squirrel campaign? Ha,ha! But if anyone has anything else I am all ears. Spread the word! Follow me on Twitter and Facebook if you like the website and book and I will follow you back (I can't promise I will write to you every day mind!)

Read the first chapter , does look a good read, hope Kean's personal local Pr man , Agnew gets a special mention for his part in all this .

Just one thing does not seem to mention anything on the site about overseas shipping costs for sales .

I didn't want to get ahead of myself by putting the overseas shipping costs on. I will look in to it and stick something on the website in the next week or so. Getting plenty of good e-mails. Thank you.

Michael this is an excellent idea as it exposes the BS that comes out of these criminals mouthes. However Tugay is right it seems every day Kean comes out with more lies and if it is for this season you should either:

1. Wait till the end of the season to collate all statements.

2. Do it in such a way you store it on your site as the facts come up then wait till the end of the season and get it fully published.

I would also recommend giving it to as many journalists as it will show the bigger public the lies these lot have come out with. I also guarantee before the end of the season the clown will come out with more BS. I also have made a list of statements made by venkys so if you need it to check you have all the facts I would be more than willing to email it to you.

I will buy one and not read it.....too upsetting. But a record of this Season is necessary. Brian Reade of the Mirror has to be given Copy NO 1

There are worse out there than Brian Reade. Ever read this "article" - Bill Leckie The Scottish Sun

I think that was the worst I read. Then again, what do you expect from someone who has a dedicated "Pure Scum" Facebook page - and it wasn't even set up by Rovers fans. Ha,ha!

To be fair, I have read through every single article written about Rovers over the last 18 months and I have been surprised but there are loads of journalists out there who are sympathetic towards our plight. Shame it's the empty heads that do all the damage.

Could you give me a price to send it to New York?

I didn't expect to sell many copies abroad. I will stick a note on the website this evening just saying if anybody wants me to send a copy abroad just to get in touch by e-mail and I will source the cheapest price to get it sent over to them. Is this OK?

I didn't expect to sell many copies abroad. I will stick a note on the website this evening just saying if anybody wants me to send a copy abroad just to get in touch by e-mail and I will source the cheapest price to get it sent over to them. Is this OK?

Awesome. Do you want me to e-mail you or can you put it on here when you know?

I will buy one, will be very apt for reading on the bog methinks. Reading all the ###### spouted by and in support of kean will seem very satisfying whilst curling a few lol

Cracking logo btw, sums everything up excellently imho.

Good luck with the book - i would imagine it writes itself with the star of the show providing material every time he puts his foot in his mouth.

Not sure if i want to read it though - the subject is too depressing and will hopefully be a chapter (no pun intended) in our history that we can soon put behind us.

There are worse out there than Brian Reade. Ever read this "article" - Bill Leckie The Scottish Sun

I think that was the worst I read. Then again, what do you expect from someone who has a dedicated "Pure Scum" Facebook page - and it wasn't even set up by Rovers fans. Ha,ha!

To be fair, I have read through every single article written about Rovers over the last 18 months and I have been surprised but there are loads of journalists out there who are sympathetic towards our plight. Shame it's the empty heads that do all the damage.

You're right! Not read that before! "Pure Scum" indeed! :angry:

On a happier note, I've just read Chapter1.

Excellent. It really grabbed me.

Just sent you some dollars Sir :)

I hope you have got good lawyers if you have got anywhere near the truth Michael...

I have been careful not to say anything that I can't back up but if there are any Rovers fans out there with a legal background I actually wouldn't mind someone having a good scan through it in a few weeks. E-mail me if you can help.

I have been careful not to say anything that I can't back up but if there are any Rovers fans out there with a legal background I actually wouldn't mind someone having a good scan through it in a few weeks. E-mail me if you can help.

Surely your publishers will take care of that won't they?

It's a good read. Just downloaded the first chapter.

I also wanted to point out (and i'm not nitpicking at all, I just noticed it at a glance), you've spelt "Feyenord" incorrectly. It's two o's.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, I am glad you pointed the spelling mistake out. There were 3 mistakes in the first copy I put on. Feyenoord & Abramovich and I missed a word out. I have corrected them all now. It still needs to go to the proof reader but I thought it was better to put it on how it was than not at all. Bar the spelling mistakes it has gone down really well. I will be catching up season ticket sales at this rate. I have only posted a message on here and a few Tweets. I have got 10,000 flyers I am going to post round Blackburn/Darwen area as well next week. If anyone knows any other ideas for spreading the word, please let me know.

You could try and send a copy to some of the more prominent broadsheet sports journalists, such as Henry WInter and David Lacey etc.

They quite often quote reference books when writing longer editorial articles. I'm sure a lot of these articles will be written about the Venky/Kean/Anderson farce........albeit when it is too late.

Rovertakenmb - I ordered it yesterday and I've just read the first chapter. Great stuff.

Oh, and as Wiggy says, I'd definitely look to get a copy to Henry Winter. Always sympathetic to our cause and has been fair throughout. I'd also try When Saturday Comes - would they run that first chapter? A lot of the others will / should just be embarrassed for the crap they've written and will probably just ignore it. So not much change there then, but hey you never know.

Thanks for writing it, good luck.

Archived