BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys bull

• Backroom

"We want results and Sam has taken up the challenge. He deserves a chance,"

Mrs Desai on November 26th. Sam Allardyce was sacked on December 13th.

"We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club."

Mrs Desai on why Sam Allardyce was sacked. The company's ambition led them to appoint first team coach Steve Kean on a long term basis and later reward him with an improved contract despite a significantly worse record than Sam Allardyce.

Since Wigan away in November "we know what we have to do now" - since then not a word. No interviews, nothing. 6 months of silent bullshit.

Oh, apart from the guy who posts on here who claims to tie up their shoelaces. Last time MG spoke he assured us that Kean would be moving sideways at the end of the season and that we have a telecommunications company lined up as a sponsor. Forgive me for not holding my breath.

“We do know that a few people have been generating thousands of mails demanding the ousting of current manager Steve Kean, who is a brilliant manager.

“But we know the team is going in the right direction and we are very positive about the way the team is performing and the way it is going.”

• Backroom

"We wanted Ronaldinho to come to the English Premier League. But he did not want to come here. He has joined Brazilian team Flamengo.

“Yes, we were trying to get Beckham much earlier. Then we went lax on it as we were pursuing Ronaldinho. Nevertheless, I assure you we’ll get a ‘big name’ playing for us pretty soon."

Balaji Rao, 18 Jan 2011.

"When asked who is favourite Blackburn player was, Rao responded: "I have 4 or 5 favourite players. Among them are Michel Salgado, Christopher Samba, Morten Gamst Pedersen, and Nikola Kalinic. Basically I love my full team."

Balaji Rao, 18 Jan 2011. 3 of the 4 players he names have now been sold or frozen out of the team entirely.

"'On the whole the goal of playing in Europe over the next four to five years is a realistic one.'"

Balaji Rao has an interesting take on the word 'realistic'.

I have rarely known such anger felt towards a set of people.

Even the wider town's people are now dismayed as they realise the huge, huge blow this will have on the areas's image, economy and general well being.

IMO, these clowns (Venky's) have betrayed the history, tradition and trust of our great club in almost every way possible.

I will never, ever be able to forgive either Venky's or the likes of Anderson, Kean, the Hunts, Agnew and the silent Rob Coar. IMO, they have all hugely let the club down in various ways.

We will never recover until our club is cleansed, IMO, of its poison and a complete new era and personnel are ushered in.

Since Wigan away in November "we know what we have to do now" - since then not a word. No interviews, nothing. 6 months of silent bullshit.

Oh, apart from the guy who posts on here who claims to tie up their shoelaces. Last time MG spoke he assured us that Kean would be moving sideways at the end of the season and that we have a telecommunications company lined up as a sponsor. Forgive me for not holding my breath.

"we know what we have to do now" was followed up by "everyone will be happy"!!!

We had full warning. This is Mrs Desai speaking BEFORE the takeover:

On Rovers and India

I think we can try to create a whole nation of Blackburn Rovers fans.

My dream is to make Blackburn Rovers an even bigger brand in India than Venkys.

On transfer funds

Initially there will be £5m put in straight away to buy players but of course if we have to do more then we will. There will then be much more investment.

We won't need to buy expensive players, we can always lease them.

On ambitions for club

I am not promising that we will be a top 4 team but I can promise that we will try and that is what we will aim for.

On fans

We will do the best by the fans and also by the club and it is very important to continue the traditions of the club. We are going to be good responsible owners and we want to make the club stronger.

We will do our best to see that our fans, both in Blackburn and across the UK and the world, can be proud of the job we do for them. We will be totally committed to do our best to improve Blackburn Rovers.

Please tell the fans that we are totally committed to them.

You may think so but it's been written a thousand time salready but for some it has to be in very BIG letters.............so I thought I'd try a new approach. Or should it be scum, scum, scum?

You may think so but it's been written a thousand time salready but for some it has to be in very BIG letters.............so I thought I'd try a new approach. Or should it be scum, scum, scum?

Sorry I don't follow? Is this a "not discussion" board now or something?

Like a lot of things, TV, Radio, Magazines, if you don't like what's in there why bother reading? All you're doing is drawing attention to yourself in a negative sense - but hey, even trolls gotta eat right?

Boring maybe.

Deserved, yes.

People are angry, rightly so, and if you think it's bad now, wait until we go down.

Then wait until our last few remaining players leave.

Then wait until we start the new season in the championship with that clown still in charge.

Then wait until we get relegated again.

Think that gives a little flavour of it. I think it's better that people let off steam. It might be a one-track record, but the heavy rotation on the air-time is completely deserved.

I'm sorry you find it tedious, but it's better this way than coralling a posse up and going looking for Vineeth Rao.

Paul & SAR are on a two-man mission to make the forum high-brow.

Too bad it just consists of them hatin' on other topics.

Hmmm, now I get it, it's to demystify the myth that fans are all boozed up cavemen? Perhaps I missed the part where coming onto civilised (albeit depressing!) messageboards and shouting moves the discussion into the high-brow?!! Lol

Despite the repetition and I apologise for dragging the thread back to topic, but it does seem with the latest shift in the banking and culling of staff that the owners seem to be moving the core of the operation back to the motherland - you wonder how much will be left in the area soon?

Such a shame as the noises about considering the community and the fanbase that were made in the early days - not having the benefit of living in a town that's affected by a football club (nearest league club is Plymouth boo hiss) I can't speak from experience, but I'm sure the club is generally tightly woven into the community and vice-versa, sadly this is now being damaged and it can't be helping.

But then it's been mentioned before (as most things have) the "new world" business acumen teaches efficiency over integration - but they rarely cover such unusual businesses such as football clubs. A sponsor here, a few quid in community projects there, is not going to work, their level of engagement needs to improve before it becomes irrevocably damaged - why oh why did they not learn from John Williams - I can understand the new broom mentality but John could have eased their people in better if they'd just asked him....

To my mind this has been the crucial mistake, picking up their new toy and running over to the corner of the nursery and not letting anyone else touch it.

Happened a million times before and most, if not all, have had their fingers burnt.

It's hard to hold onto the fact that Rovers will be here long after Kean and Venkys at the moment though isn't it?

BORING

Ooh, charming !

At the risk of sending Paul over the edge, here's a couple of snippets from Venky Rao from last October on the eve of the Pune trip:

On what they were going to do about us being at the bottom of the league -

We are going to sit down...and come out with some plan of action.

The fans were not informed what that 'plan of action' was despite these views on their relationship with the fans -

If the fans are happy, we are happy. As I have been telling, it is like a family and we should know what the fans totally feel about it. Especially we like to have their voice. Also it is very important for the club and the feel of the club. Also I think it is an open interaction, so we know exactly where we are going wrong..

I don't think they can hear us !

Archived