BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRSIT reaches £1.2m in pledges!

To be honest I think the figure of £1.2m won't be far off the most they'll raise.£1000 is just too much money for the average fan to donate.In fact I'd wager £500 would be asking a lot in this present climate.People's household bills have risen between 30-40% in the last 5 years and I doubt very much that their wages will have increased at the same rate (if at all).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few thoughts that people should take on board when considering BRSIT

- Maximum shareholding will be 1% for any individual, that sets the scene as a genuine, owned by all, option.

- If you want to take part then there will be a bigger meeting than that first one which was definitely not all VIPs.

- Ok its a grand to join in but that, in ticket terms, is about three seasons of football. The cashback idea will return that investment, albeit over 20 years. I'm not in this to see a penny coming back.

- There is no point speculating on whether Venky's will sell or not, we have to plan on a scenario in which they will sell.

- What are the business plans for the Rovers if BRSIT took charge? Not possible to say in detail save that it would be run as a business.

So it's early days but consider this, if we believed that we will head the way of Pompey (and a lot of people suggest that in their dark moments) then we should be ready for that day with our own option. It's the fans who love this club and it's the fans who will keep it alive.

In terms of whether we should look for a shared ownership such as Swansea or Bundesliga clubs then we shouldn't discount anything. If we only held 20% of the shareholding that would be a powerful block vote.

So I know there are loads of cynics out there, including those that say the pledges mean nothing (experience says that pledges turn into money most of the time) but the only thing that can stop us is US.

Time to pledge guys and gals and take a chance that we might just do it. If you don't buy a ticket then you won't win the lottery. He who dares, wins.

My personal opinion is after all this hell is that they want to turn us into a feeder club for the premier league using kids brought in from the new academies in India with further possibilities abroad from other members of IBSA, it is my understanding they have invested into the ventures there while taking more and more away from Rovers (even our well reputed academy). This becomes very easy to understand when you consider the possibilities that are available to these emerging countries, to build 20plus academies in these countries will cost you the same as signing someone like Salgado (I kid you not the cost of making something like an academy out there is probably a few months wages).

Interesting that you brought this up because there was a bit of fuss regarding this sort of thing in South Africa My link, with the South African FA getting quite upset at young tallent being poached. The particular Academy in question was called Africa Soccer Development, a couple of interesting names in the sponsors My link. Wonder if this was mentioned to Venky's as the way forward

Still lost at the 10m figure, I do not believe Venkys will sell at that price unless we dropped two leagues and did not have the parachute payments coming and thus became a major burden.

Our current position and the actions of Venkys have shown they do not easily budge when under pressure, I personally believe they may be willing to relieve themselves of control in exchange for selling 49% or should I say much less but I would hate to end up supporting those fools even for the club I love.

It should be a major concern just how stubborn will these people be in selling the club...I have grave worries with this lot,we really did pull the short straw.

I personnally dont believe for one second these Indian 'businessmen' will sell for 10 Million regardless of what league they drag us down to. :(

We are in a right mess and I dont have an alternative but as ever Kudos and respect to those invovlved with trying to save this clubs arse.

• Backroom

Unless I am wrong veevs £10m is for the running of the club it's all based on the assumption that the owners will give the club away for a token payment or for nothing

• Backroom

It's not wholly unlikely but if that were the case then I would assume they would strip what they can before then leaving a shell

Just a thought, but how many of the present S/T holders who are not going to renew until Venkys are gone would be willing to invest exactly the amount that they would be paying if they were intending to renew their prsent S/T? I most certainly would and considering that I have not been to a single match since the first two home games of this season I feel that that is almost the same thing I have done already this season. Except of course that BRSIT would be the recipients of my £170 rather than the Venkys.

Surely if all the S/T holders did this it would raise a considerable sum and would encorage the "big hitters" stll more.

A lot of you aren't going to like this but unfortunately I just don't see it working for many reasons. Too many cooks involved, not enough financial clout (initially and as a back-up), some just wanting status, largely missing the connections/knowledge needed to put in place an infrastructure at the club, probable jobs for the boys because we can't afford to pay the going rate for experience...it seems that we are striving to get exactly what we already had 18months ago, but with even less back-up security and far less experience.

I need to see the next set of accounts/balance sheet from the current owners to wholly understand what they are up to and whether they are worthy of my trust. I've been vocal on here that although I hate the instability and sudden change at Rovers, I see a lot of sense in what they have done in terms of lowering the debts (time will tell if that has been done) - slashing the wage bill and living within the sustainable means of the club to protect it's immediate future (It was an absolute necessity if the new owners weren't to be the sugar daddys who we preferred). Although the heart is well and truly in the right place, this to me sounds like a scheme to run the club on an even smaller budget, which will result in confusion, disruption and another probable relegation or genuine oblivion. Some will say that to simply rid the club of the Venkys and Kean is the overall aim, but I would genuinely fear for the future of the club if this trust miraculously gained the reins.

*Just to point out, even though the club needed to lower outgoings, the Venkys shouldn't have just rid the squad of all of it's experience in 4/5 months though!

Unless I am wrong veevs £10m is for the running of the club it's all based on the assumption that the owners will give the club away for a token payment or for nothing

I don't think that's true. Glen asked where the £10m came from and that wasn't the reply. But obviously anything's possible with Venky's. If in two years time we've dropped a couple of divisions, who knows :(

And if that happened, we would need an organization like BRSIT.

Just a thought, but how many of the present S/T holders who are not going to renew until Venkys are gone would be willing to invest exactly the amount that they would be paying if they were intending to renew their prsent S/T? I most certainly would and considering that I have not been to a single match since the first two home games of this season I feel that that is almost the same thing I have done already this season. Except of course that BRSIT would be the recipients of my £170 rather than the Venkys.

Surely if all the S/T holders did this it would raise a considerable sum and would encorage the "big hitters" stll more.

Funnily enough I was thinking amongst the same lines. :blink:

It would be far more reasonable and I dare say more realistic.

Maybe if they sold shares at £100 a go,they might stand a better chance of raising more money?

My apologies then I thought I had read that the purchase cost would be near 0

Just listening to the podcast and halfway through Wayne explains that the £10m is achievable but was just a starting number. Which is the reply he gave to Glen.

I think the idea is that money makes money. If £10m was raised then bigger hitters may be drawn in to invest. That's my speculation by the way.

Similarly, the reasoning for the cost of shares is in the podcast too. Have a listen, he answers a lot of questions raised on this thread.

• Backroom

If the limit is 1% ownership per person, then how can we attract 'big hitters'?

They can buy as many shares as they want but would only hold the same power as someone with 1 share I think

If the limit is 1% ownership per person, then how can we attract 'big hitters'?

If the 1% was a problem for someone who wanted to invest £10m and their intentions were honorable, do you think their money would be declined? I doubt it very much.

They can buy as many shares as they want but would only hold the same power as someone with 1 share I think

From what I know, this is correct. It's so that no one person could come in and do a Venky's.

By the way just finished listening to the podcast. Good work guys covers a lot in a short space of time.

If the 1% was a problem for someone who wanted to invest £10m and their intentions were honorable, do you think their money would be declined? I doubt it very much.

By the same token, if a Jack Walker 2012 type (should one exist) was interested and was prepared to put £10m or more in then don't you think he/she'd want an over all say in things? I know I would and I'm pretty sure Jack would've done as well.

At the same time I can see why it has been done like that but would suggest that it's limiting the chances of success. The Swansea model as better described by Roversider (than me) would surely have the better chance of success whilst still giving the fans a voice and a say in club policy.

I commend the efforts but as Blackburn isn't much bigger or affluent than the likes of Exeter then I just don't see how it can work. Exeter's trust has raised millions and they struggle to fund a league one team as evidenced this season. How we can hope to build a club hoping to compete in the prem is beyond me. We'll need people with deep pockets I hope they are being sourced.

Although why has no one on here mentioned that Indian interview? Sure they said they had heard rumours of Qutar petroleum buying us, is it an old interview?

How does the news today of Financial Fair Play in the Championship affect this then, should we be relegated and the bid successful?

Apparently, investment will only be allowed at an ever-decreasing rate each season (£6m in 12/13, £5m in 13/14 and £3m in 14/15) and an ever-decreasing level of debt (£4m 12/13, £3m 13/14 and 14/15 and £2m 15/16 onwards), otherwise there will be a transfer embargo and a fine to be distributed evenly between the law-abiding clubs in the league.

Like i said this will never take off as BRSIT are saying we need average 28000 min per game at home to make ends meet. Never going to happen, theres is more chance of Rovers getting champions league football in four years.

When would the earliest point be that BRSIT would want the thousand pounds.

As far as I know, when they hit the £10m mark. Or if they decide to raise that amount, whatever it's been raised to.

As it's a pledge, if you are unable to invest the thousand pounds, you could always retract your pledge.

I honestly don't think this will get off the ground.

There is insufficient momentum, probably because there is insufficient desire and / or financial capability to make it happen. Only 12% there, based on pledges; realistically, I would estimate that less than 50% will be turned into hard cash.

Let's be realistic - Venky's will not give the club away no matter what league we are in. They will get their £20m+ back somehow, rest assured.

Credit for those giving it a whirl but, IMO, they are heading down a one way cul de sac.

Have seen and prepared plenty of business plans over the years - this one doesn't smell right.

Archived