BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers charm offensive

Every article is about the s/t deadline and pushing sales. I guess the extremely low figure might strike the Rao's hard. This is by far the biggest protest.

Not many people will pay more for a season ticket as from next week...

Although I am FULLY expecting thus deal to be extended, especially given our impending relegation to division 1.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again. Quite a few of these things have happened before - those who are critical have obviously not been paying attention. <_<

Under normal circumstances I wouldnt be critical but at a football club that prided itself on good values over the years to one that has ailienated 95% of its fanbase slick PR isnt going to cut the mustard especially when fans see the main PR man as a stooge to Kean and Venky's. I do feel sorry for the people at the club who have worked hard to make things happen but until the basics are sorted things like fanzones (as great an idea they are) need to wait. As for players meeting supporters and engaeing in community projects well that should be part of their daily routine at all professional clubs.

Every article is about the s/t deadline and pushing sales. I guess the extremely low figure might strike the Rao's hard. This is by far the biggest protest.

Not many people will pay more for a season ticket as from next week...

Although I am FULLY expecting thus deal to be extended, especially given our impending relegation to division 1.

Absolutely correct about this being the best protest. I think this will have more impact than anything else that has been done. As long as the media understand why the majority aren't renewing and report the truth the repurcussions should be felt by the Adams Family in their Ivory Towers.

I am prepared to pay more for a season ticket but that, I suspect like many, is conditional.

IMO, club has insulted intelligence of supporters ever since takeover.

In the main, supporters can see through the whole charade and not naive like some of those clowns at Ewood must think.

Not so Mercerman. Apparently only approx 3000 who didn't renew last summer possess in your words the intelligence to have seen through the charade.

The others place blind loyalty over intelligence and that sadly is what professional football gorges itself on right across the globe

1. Season tickets being hand delivered by David Dunn (whatever next!)

Hey, don't knock it..... that might be a ruse by the coaches to get him fit enough to see 90 mins out!!! Nothing else has worked.

why on Earth would David Dunn allow himself to be manipulated in this way? wonder if he had a choice?

Why does Dunny go along with it all?

Lets go back a few seasons and see where Dunny was and how often he was playing? Ever since his back issues he's been less than he was and now he has a manager who will play week in week out. Of course Dunny goes along with it all he needs the wonga and I doubt many other premier league teams would start him every week. Dunny is simply looking after No.1 as most of us would do.

More rubbish from you.

Easily conned.

What they are doing is so transparent, timing, quantity etc.

When will you learn that our club, certainly IMV, is one big hopeless mess, the resultant of having hopeless owners and hopeless management.

Says the biggest purveyor of Bull on these boards. :wacko: You really are an objectional little man. :angry2:

Not even Abbey(for whom everyone is fair game) talks to mum like that. I suggest you learn a little more about the level of support she and her family have offered this club over the years before gobbing off at her in that manner!

Dunny is simply looking after No.1 as most of us would do.

I would hope that as a local lad who has earned millions through his career with Rovers he would have a little more about him, he clearly shouldn't need the cash and a little club loyalty would not go amiss for this self professed Rovers fan, however he has tied his colours to the Venkys/Kean mast loud and proud, which makes him a ###### in my book.

Says the biggest purveyor of Bull on these boards. :wacko: You really are an objectional little man. :angry2:

Not even Abbey(for whom everyone is fair game) talks to mum like that. I suggest you learn a little more about the level of support she and her family have offered this club over the years before gobbing off at her in that manner!

Who the feck rattled your cage.

I might be in Limassol in June for a few days so let me know if you'd like to meet up for a beer - your unfair and biased perception might just change.

Anyone on this MB is fair game.

Some of the stuff Roversmum came out with after her visit to Pune and since has been absolutely dire amd many thought so / think so but tiptoed around it.

If, IMO, a poster makes an excellent contribution then I flag, equally, if it's rubbish I do the same. As far as I am concerned, all are equally entitled to express an opinion and have equal status.

Who the feck rattled your cage.

I might be in Limassol in June for a few days so let me know if you'd like to meet up for a beer - your unfair and biased perception might just change.

Anyone on this MB is fair game.

Some of the stuff Roversmum came out with after her visit to Pune and since has been absolutely dire amd many thought so / think so but tiptoed around it.

If, IMO, a poster makes an excellent contribution then I flag, equally, if it's rubbish I do the same. As far as I am concerned, all are equally entitled to express an opinion and have equal status.

Well YOU actually and have done so since you first appeared with your own unique brand of "support". As for your "many on here" comment I assume you mean SOME of the 20 odd members of the Alzheimers club. Believe me there are far more whom have real respect for mum than your tiny minority. AS my dear old mum used to say "Manners maketh man" You may do well to take that on board. As for meeting up when you're in Limassol let me know when you're in country and I'll see if I'm free.

Well YOU actually and have done so since you first appeared with your own unique brand of "support". As for your "many on here" comment I assume you mean SOME of the 20 odd members of the Alzheimers club. Believe me there are far more whom have real respect for mum than your tiny minority. AS my dear old mum used to say "Manners maketh man" You may do well to take that on board. As for meeting up when you're in Limassol let me know when you're in country and I'll see if I'm free.

Ok, will do. You shouldn't be hasty, avoid judging a book by its cover !

I would hope that as a local lad who has earned millions through his career with Rovers he would have a little more about him, he clearly shouldn't need the cash and a little club loyalty would not go amiss for this self professed Rovers fan, however he has tied his colours to the Venkys/Kean mast loud and proud, which makes him a ###### in my book.

I don't know many footballers who have millions in the bank, easy come, easy go. Regardless of how you look at it Dunny is being loyal to the club, should he be coming out and saying what everyone wants to hear? Not a chance, it will do more harm than good. Dunny is protecting his job, just as anyone else would do after a takeover and management change.

To be fair to him, he is employed by them and until he isn't he isn't going to say anything. As for saying he needs the money... I think it's more likely that he just wants to stay in football. He's not without a few bob.

Well what a pathetic attempt from the people at the club to boost season ticket sales.

It seems to me that the club is managed at two levels. The buffoons who work on the ground at the club on a day to day basis are obviously aware that ticket sales are critically low, and this is their laughable attempt at boosting sales. Really when two years ago we had 18,000 season ticket holders, this season 15,000 and are now at less than 2,000 according to some it points to something terminally wrong with the football club (especially when low prices have remained). Its an insult to supporters that the club are coming out with these gimmicks to try and tempt people back. In my opinion this is just a last gasp attempt from the people at Ewood (who probably have no communication with Venkys whatsoever) to try and save their own skins by being able to say they did all they did to flog tickets when it dawns on the Indians that something is wrong with the accounts.

I don't believe Venky's have any involvement whatsoever with ticketing schemes. They won't care how much season tickets cost or how many people renew. Its just somebody at Ewood trying to make a name for themselves. Their little plan with the 'early bird' ticket to get people renewing before relegation has reaffirmed my belief that the staff at Ewood really are incompetent to say the least.

They have massively underestimated the strength of the anger and disillusionment people are feeling towards the club and how it is run. The club is now in the position where they will have to increase prices after the deadline to justify to those who have already signed up and yet in doing so will just give people who intend on waiting until August more reason not to renew when they put prices up. Lets not get started on what happens if you have bought a 16 game season ticket for a 23 game championship season.

An absolute shambles from top to bottom. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Well what a pathetic attempt from the people at the club to boost season ticket sales.

It seems to me that the club is managed at two levels. The buffoons who work on the ground at the club on a day to day basis are obviously aware that ticket sales are critically low, and this is their laughable attempt at boosting sales. Really when two years ago we had 18,000 season ticket holders, this season 15,000 and are now at less than 2,000 according to some it points to something terminally wrong with the football club (especially when low prices have remained). Its an insult to supporters that the club are coming out with these gimmicks to try and tempt people back. In my opinion this is just a last gasp attempt from the people at Ewood (who probably have no communication with Venkys whatsoever) to try and save their own skins by being able to say they did all they did to flog tickets when it dawns on the Indians that something is wrong with the accounts.

I don't believe Venky's have any involvement whatsoever with ticketing schemes. They won't care how much season tickets cost or how many people renew. Its just somebody at Ewood trying to make a name for themselves. Their little plan with the 'early bird' ticket to get people renewing before relegation has reaffirmed my belief that the staff at Ewood really are incompetent to say the least.

They have massively underestimated the strength of the anger and disillusionment people are feeling towards the club and how it is run. The club is now in the position where they will have to increase prices after the deadline to justify to those who have already signed up and yet in doing so will just give people who intend on waiting until August more reason not to renew when they put prices up. Lets not get started on what happens if you have bought a 16 game season ticket for a 23 game championship season.

An absolute shambles from top to bottom. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Spot on.

Archived