BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board changes

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, please, please let it be true! Kean out, and take Agnew with you!

Don't forget Newsham.

2 excellent shouts there Curbishley and souey would be good managers to take over to get us straight back and would either of them coming in with Tugay as No.2 to either.

I think Curbishley and Soueness would be outstanding at the Rovers. Can't see either of them tolerating the way Venkys apparently does business.

Wouldn't want Warnock anywhere near Rovers. The other two (1st sentence) i'd take with bells on.

Agreed. Warnock is poison.

Alan Curbishley said "no chance" when asked by my brother the other week at a function. He also gave him a perplexed look.

The ship has sailed over a decent manager wanting to work under Venkys in this form and shape.

That and Curbs will never leave London, he might have seemed tempted by the Wolves job but deep down this is why he hasn't managed in a while now. Nice bloke though.

As for this latest rumour, i'll believe it when I see it but stranger things have happened, for instance, Kean owns an invisible dog!

There are a couple of people in Pune (not Venky's PR) who are close to the family who have told me over the last week that Kean will no longer be Rovers manager if we are relegated, doesn't mean that he will be sacked, maybe moved to another position (running the Pune academies). TBH we have been here before and until I hear this from my contact at Venky's I remain sceptical.

The debt and wage bill have been reduced, this has been done by Karen Silk. Player wages are now under control and Barclays debt should all be paid off with Samba transfer money and second installment of Jones transfer cash, new lending arrangement is with India State Bank. I have a limited understanding of financial markets but it looks like new debt will be secured against Venky's assets in India. With the cost controlling that has gone on since December we are unlikely to see a Pompey type scenario, the biggest cost (wages) have now been drastically reduced and with the imminent departure of Salgado and Junior leaving in the summer that bill will be further reduced.

Vineeth gone back to India for 6 weeks,

Whilst one man of mystery Shabby went to the Premier league for a meeting yesterday, just hope he didnt hear what he wanted to

What did he want to hear Glen? Early access to "prize money" and parachute payments?

There are a couple of people in Pune (not Venky's PR) who are close to the family who have told me over the last week that Kean will no longer be Rovers manager if we are relegated, doesn't mean that he will be sacked, maybe moved to another position (running the Pune academies). TBH we have been here before and until I hear this from my contact at Venky's I remain sceptical.

The debt and wage bill have been reduced, this has been done by Karen Silk. Player wages are now under control and Barclays debt should all be paid off with Samba transfer money and second installment of Jones transfer cash, new lending arrangement is with India State Bank. I have a limited understanding of financial markets but it looks like new debt will be secured against Venky's assets in India. With the cost controlling that has gone on since December we are unlikely to see a Pompey type scenario, the biggest cost (wages) have now been drastically reduced and with the imminent departure of Salgado and Junior leaving in the summer that bill will be further reduced.

Junior wouldnt have been on more than 15k - 20k at most considering when he signed his short 2.5 year contract. Likelihood of Junior going abroad exists so no compensation on a Bosman. If he doesnt, we will get circa 3m Pounds I'd think, still nothing close to his value. But we had no choice. Dont worry there will be a clear-out and most of the big egos will want to move. Between the established players can only see Dunn, Robbo and MGP willing (or knowing they wont have much better option) to stay.

Salgado possibly on 35k - 40k.

Whilst one man of mystery Shabby went to the Premier league for a meeting yesterday, just hope he didnt hear what he wanted to

Is this Shebby Singh, ex-malaysian footballer, now doing espn in the far east?

I know actually getting anyone in of any calibre will be nigh on impossible, but the more i watch our plight unfurling, the more i think we need an old head. I truly believe a Hoddle, or even a Strachan could be just the ticket next year in the Championship. However, it all depends on Venkys getting their house in order so i guess its all pretty pointless hoping.

DISCLAIMER;

I am not a Strachan fan, but having endured a manager with no idea how he wants to play, anyone seems preferable.

I am however, a very big Hoddle fan. That man has a lot still to offer.

Unfortunately it would appear the term 'quality' means 'polished turd' in Indian.

Strachan no thanks, Hoddle I would consider but its been a while for him.

Gary Neville for manager

Talks more sense than Kean

That's comedy gold Tom M, Neville talks sense, lol.

I have a feeling him and the Roa's would get on famously.

So now we have two polished turds, great!!!!

I reckon we'll get Shabby Singh.

You know how you hope people learn their lesson on this site?

Well- oh sod it.

Completely agree Topman-talk about getting carried away on the back of Mercerman flying a kite !!

If they are using Venkys assets in India then its either their own personal assets or the Businesses and if its the latter won't shareholders be kicking off at that prospect Kamy? Like you i start to get a bit muddled on this side of things

PITY IT WASN'T FOR 6 FECKIN YEARS!!!

Archived