BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what did you end up doing about your early bird offer?

239 members have voted

1. 1. So what did you do?

• Didn't have one and haven't bought one
    • Didn't have one before but I do now!!!
    • Had one before and have renewed!!!
    • Had one and haven't renewed but am waiting to see what occurs
    • Had one, Haven't renewed and won't regardless
    • I don't like the above questions, they should have been different, lifes not fair

How many did we sell with the early bird offer last year 10,000+?....horrific drop in numbers.

You reap what you sow Venky's.

There wasn't an early bird offer last year. The last time we had one was 08/09.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if sales to date are 4500-6000 these are dreadful figures for a team of our (former) stature.

Thats just a guess.

Dont forget tickets are not usually on sale yet either.

Removing the manager would probably give it a nice boost in numbers

As a family we have supported Rovers since their innauguration in 1875. My Great grandfather then took his son - my grandfather , who unfortunately caught pneumonia whilst queing for tickets with me , for the 1952 cup semi v. Newcastle, he didn't make the game and died shortly afterwards.I took my son, his daughter now attends with us and we have just added another season ticket my grandson to the list. That is six generations who have supported the Rovers. Do you think we will give up 137 years of support just because we hate the Venkys and Coco the clown? Not a chance in Hell!! Get down to Ewood and support the Blue and Whites. We are down and out and may be that way for a few years. In life you don't know what may be round the corner. Stop complaining , grit your teeth and support the TEAM whoever is wearing the colours! I don't often make comments and will not get involved in any replies. This is my one and only statement on the matter.

What a refreshing reply k hod. I wish more people would be so honest in there reasoning for renewing rather than this veil of 'it's my club and I won't be driven away'.

I myself can think of several things better to do than watch the farce that is brfc at the moment hence my non renewal.

I wish more people would be honest about their reasoning for not renewing, rather than pretending they have better things to do and then no doubt continuing to spend time watching Rovers on tv and posting about them on here next season.

As a family we have supported Rovers since their innauguration in 1875. My Great grandfather then took his son - my grandfather , who unfortunately caught pneumonia whilst queing for tickets with me , for the 1952 cup semi v. Newcastle, he didn't make the game and died shortly afterwards.I took my son, his daughter now attends with us and we have just added another season ticket my grandson to the list. That is six generations who have supported the Rovers. Do you think we will give up 137 years of support just because we hate the Venkys and Coco the clown? Not a chance in Hell!! Get down to Ewood and support the Blue and Whites. We are down and out and may be that way for a few years. In life you don't know what may be round the corner. Stop complaining , grit your teeth and support the TEAM whoever is wearing the colours! I don't often make comments and will not get involved in any replies. This is my one and only statement on the matter.

Encapsulates everything wrong with the modern day football fan.

If life is so short and unpredictable, why waste your hard-earned money and peace of mind 'grinning and bearing' through something that brings you no satisfaction? Also, who are the "blue n' whites"? I mean, who exactly are we supposed to be supporting here? The players? Overpaid mercenaries who haven't shown an ounce of fight, many of which will have already planned their next move? The manager? Dear God... The owners? There has to be some sense of affinity with the club outside of the totemic abstractions and misplaced tribalism that has been exploited by those running the game over the years. Venky's have pushed fans to the absolute limit this season yet it astounds me that there are still those willing to bend over and let themselves be screwed over for another year.

Also, back in your great-grandfather's day, the club had an honest, working-class background and provided respite from the workaday world. Do you believe he would have that same relationship with the club if he knew it was owned by interlopers who had systematically tarnished everything identifiable about Blackburn Rovers and treated the fans like cattle?

I know I'm pretty vociferous about people renewing but that's only because I don't like seeing honest people being taken for a ride. However, the majority of fans really don't make it easy on themselves. And feel free to bring up the fact I've never had a ST. I can tell you now, I don't care if I lived next door to Ewood and been going for 20 odd years, I wouldn't pay good money to go somewhere where I am neither welcome nor respected. I have better things to spend my time and money on... actually, I don't, which makes it an even more damning indictment.

I wish more people would be honest about their reasoning for not renewing, rather than pretending they have better things to do and then no doubt continuing to spend time watching Rovers on tv and posting about them on here next season.

TV ? even the BBC have axed the football league show

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Encapsulates everything wrong with the modern day football fan.

If life is so short and unpredictable, why waste your hard-earned money and peace of mind 'grinning and bearing' through something that brings you no satisfaction? Also, who are the "blue n' whites"? I mean, who exactly are we supposed to be supporting here? The players? Overpaid mercenaries who haven't shown an ounce of fight, many of which will have already planned their next move? The manager? Dear God... The owners? There has to be some sense of affinity with the club outside of the totemic abstractions and misplaced tribalism that has been exploited by those running the game over the years. Venky's have pushed fans to the absolute limit this season yet it astounds me that there are still those willing to bend over and let themselves be screwed over for another year.

Also, back in your great-grandfather's day, the club had an honest, working-class background and provided respite from the workaday world. Do you believe he would have that same relationship with the club if he knew it was owned by interlopers who had systematically tarnished everything identifiable about Blackburn Rovers and treated the fans like cattle?

I know I'm pretty vociferous about people renewing but that's only because I don't like seeing honest people being taken for a ride. However, the majority of fans really don't make it easy on themselves. And feel free to bring up the fact I've never had a ST. I can tell you now, I don't care if I lived next door to Ewood and been going for 20 odd years, I wouldn't pay good money to go somewhere where I am neither welcome nor respected. I have better things to spend my time and money on... actually, I don't, which makes it an even more damning indictment.

Topman, You are easily the most annoying poster.

I honestly cannot see how you can even comment on these threads, let alone knock someone for renewing their season ticket. You have absolutley no scope. Will you ever buy a ST? or only when you feel that you are "welcome" and "respected"

I feel like i'm wasting my time, but I am bored of you constantly flaming people for having a more pro-active view of life. The one thing that the inept idiots incharge cannot do is take away your voice from your seat.. yet all you seem to want to do is convice people to relinquish it.

Pathetic. Thankfully just under 5000 people do not share this view so far.

Riversider48....one post,and a Season-Ticket Holder,5th generation supporter explaining that this is just a blip in our history.

TopMan(?)many posts per day,a spokesman for boycotts,never had a season-ticket and holds an unrealistic view of the normal supporter(its a passion NOT a consumer decision TopMan)

Know who i would rather have a beer with. Keep the Faith...they will be gone in 2013.

Reading the above.....why do you even come on this message board? Do you even support Blackburn Rovers? Or is it simply because you don't have anything better to do?

He's told you why he's renewed - its part of what his family have always done, he obviously gets pride from supporting his local team and wearing his colours. Its his passion, it will always be his team no matter what - So what dont you get?

Topman, You are easily the most annoying poster.

Thank you sir, may I have another?

I honestly cannot see how you can even comment on these threads, let alone knock someone for renewing their season ticket.

Why? Because I've never had a ST? You can try to dispute what I say with ad hominem if you wish, but seeing as plenty of former ST holders feel much the same, it's hardly valid.

You have absolutley no scope. Will you ever buy a ST? or only when you feel that you are "welcome" and "respected"

Like I said, even if I HAD the wherewithal to buy a ST and get up to Ewood on a regular basis, I wouldn't under the current regime. Why would anyone in their right mind, after what they've had to endure for the past 18 months? Without referring to the past OR uttering platitudes, no one really has a convincing stance. Notice I don't have a problem when someone admits they renewed because they're basically a "sucker" (not necessarily my words). At least they're being honest about it. It's when people start questioning people's loyalty when they don't blindly follow the crowd that I take exception to. Why shouldn't fans say that enough is enough? You can only push people so far (some people, anyway...)

I feel like i'm wasting my time, but I am bored of you constantly flaming people for having a more pro-active view of life. The one thing that the inept idiots incharge cannot do is take away your voice from your seat.. yet all you seem to want to do is convice people to relinquish it.

Pathetic. Thankfully just under 5000 people do not share this view so far.

If challenging someone's perception is 'flaming', then we might as well close down the entire forum.

Now, calling people 'annoying' and 'pathetic', on the other hand.

That said, I will abstain from this thread, as people obviously can't play nice.

• Moderation Lead

I don't care if people want to renew or not, that's their own perogative.

But people who don't go to the games criticising those that do.......

I can assure you Mr Toad that it will not take myself and the 4 other who havent renewed much time to think of several better things to do.

And just because I can think of things that I enjoy more doesnt make me any less of fan than the person who holds going to rovers as their favourite thing to do.

I dont think there is much chance of seeing rovers on the tv next year.

You can moan and whine all you wan't about the way in which I refer to you in my last post, but the points I make still stand.

You have ZERO scope. You talk about the last 18 months, you havent even "HAD the wherewithal to buy a ST and get up to Ewood on a regular basis" Therefore how can you comment on the rigmorale that "we" fans have been through?

Renewed my and my partners ticket without hesitation.

Just a bit confused Glen's responses to him having/not having a season ticket. As I too remember that he said he didn't have one and this was more than a few games into the season. Also remember him saying in a comment on a blog post of mine that he runs a business yet in a thread on here shortly after, he mentioned he'd been made redundant. I'm sure Glen will clear up my confusion. Bit off topic - sorry but adds to other peoples genuine confusion over the season ticket.

Just a bit confused Glen's responses to him having/not having a season ticket. As I too remember that he said he didn't have one and this was more than a few games into the season. Also remember him saying in a comment on a blog post of mine that he runs a business yet in a thread on here shortly after, he mentioned he'd been made redundant. I'm sure Glen will clear up my confusion. Bit off topic - sorry but adds to other peoples genuine confusion over the season ticket.

Peoples circumstances change over time. I don't really see what the big deal is.

• Backroom

Glen didn't have a season ticket then bought one then transferred it to the darwen end I think

No mystery, no relevance

Already answered these questions, and tbh, What has it got to do with you?

I hope admin remove half these post, as its about what people did about the early bird, and not when, how, and where people get their season tickets, or their personal lives.

Already answered these questions, and tbh, What has it got to do with you?

I hope admin remove half these post, as its about what people did about the early bird, and not when, how, and where people get their season tickets, or their personal lives.

I agree with the part about personal lives, jobs etc...

But the part which is bold is the crux of the debate. If you have or have not taken up the early bird..

I honestly think that most people make their minds up over the summer every year, whatever the cost/situation at the club. This time of year, lots families will be saving/paying for holidays. I think the final sales will be similar to those of the last Championship season.

Archived