BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What issues have mattered most to you?

Ha,ha! Well done. At least you knew that if you ever got through to your intended target he would have something worthwhile to say. Venky's won't even speak to the Lancashire Telegraph. I might have another try now the book has gone public but I wouldn't be spending too much time chasing them.

You could go through an intermediary, ie get a reporter who is friendly with them to put the questions.

Is this Jon Jensen? Give me a ring! Only messing. That is exactly what I have put in chapter 1 - I don't care whether we are in Prem, Championship or whatever - that is not what it is about.

Funny you should ask...

Danish but not him....

(Blackburn Rovers Fans are "idiots" you know according to Jim White - I hope that's in the book)

Brilliant post. I have missed that quote. White gets right on my nerves as well. Can you remember the date/game he said it? It will be in the book this time tomorrow if we can find it.

10th Jan - just about to PM you

Edit: wrong date - see PM

As I now reach the final 2 weeks before the book goes to the printers I just want to ask "what issues have mattered the most to you as a Rovers fan during the last 2 years at the club?"

The book covers absolutely everything - from the general feelings of helplessness and loss touched upon in Chapter 1 to the fans' hopes for the future in Chapter 18.

In between, the book looks at life before the takeover, the takeover itself, the exit of Allardyce, Kean, SEM, the decline on the pitch, why fans of other clubs should care, dismantling the board, Venky's, the role of the national and local media, the protests, the fans, the trust...

I have some absolute classic quotes from all of the usual suspects. There isn't a newspaper article I haven't read, TV clip I haven't seen, message I haven't read - I have got it all - from Kean's work for the Save Our Squirrel campaign to the debacle of the full body searches outside the Darwen End.

I am a Rovers fan of over 500 games, father and proud Blackburn man. Blackburn and Blackburn Rovers matter to me - that is why I have totally devoted the last 9 months to writing this book. I want to make sure it is spot on - and any input on what things have mattered to you over the last 2 years would really help in these next 2 weeks.

Hopefully, anybody who wants to has now had a chance to have a look at www.rovertaken.co.uk and also downloaded a free copy of Chapter 1 of of Agents, Rovers and Cricket Loving Owners. Thank you for all the messages of support and to everyone who has already pre-ordered - thanks again!

By the way - be my friend on Twitter because... basically I haven't got that many yet! rovertakenmb

As I now reach the final 2 weeks before the book goes to the printers I just want to ask "what issues have mattered the most to you as a Rovers fan during the last 2 years at the club?"

The book covers absolutely everything - from the general feelings of helplessness and loss touched upon in Chapter 1 to the fans' hopes for the future in Chapter 18.

In between, the book looks at life before the takeover, the takeover itself, the exit of Allardyce, Kean, SEM, the decline on the pitch, why fans of other clubs should care, dismantling the board, Venky's, the role of the national and local media, the protests, the fans, the trust...

I have some absolute classic quotes from all of the usual suspects. There isn't a newspaper article I haven't read, TV clip I haven't seen, message I haven't read - I have got it all - from Kean's work for the Save Our Squirrel campaign to the debacle of the full body searches outside the Darwen End.

I am a Rovers fan of over 500 games, father and proud Blackburn man. Blackburn and Blackburn Rovers matter to me - that is why I have totally devoted the last 9 months to writing this book. I want to make sure it is spot on - and any input on what things have mattered to you over the last 2 years would really help in these next 2 weeks.

Hopefully, anybody who wants to has now had a chance to have a look at www.rovertaken.co.uk and also downloaded a free copy of Chapter 1 of of Agents, Rovers and Cricket Loving Owners. Thank you for all the messages of support and to everyone who has already pre-ordered - thanks again!

By the way - be my friend on Twitter because... basically I haven't got that many yet! rovertakenmb

By now we are all completely aware of the horrendous catalogue of bad decisions, bad management, bad PR , in fact the whole 9 yards.But the thing that continues to astound everybody is the total state of denial the club has been in for the last 12 months.This isn't just confined to one individual either,it is THE WHOLE CLUB!!

Despite overwhelming evidence and the opinion of over 20000 fans who have centuries of match experience following Rovers collectively who were here long before and will be here long after these morons have gone,they have continued to be in denial and never once have fronted up to reality of anything.This is the single thing that astounds every single Rovers fan to the point now of having their intelligence insulted and now feeling the whole thing is deliberate.

When will somebody in a position of any kind of authority in this shambles of a club come forward and actually admit mistakes or even a mistake somewhere along the line has been made?when will

someone actually admit we are staring into the abyss?Even now we are hearing complete nonsense about not even considering being relegated!!!

This is what really gets to you as a fan

For me it is the way in which we removed crucial players and failed to reinvest any of the incomings back into the squad. The lies about transfer money have given me a headache from the start. I imagine the moron has even been told lies about what he was able to spend.

1. What Jerome Anderson told the Venky's that made them buy the club in the first place, and his fee.

2. Whoever told Venky's to sack Allardyce when they did. (that alone cost £100m of TV revenue as we'd saty up at least another 2 years.

3. The Walker Trust's abject dismissal of Jack Walkers wishes as soon as they had the club haded to them.

4. Whoever told Venky's to sack John Williams.

5. Whoever collected the 'missing' cash from the Rochina deal.

6. Whoever authorised the automatically extended contracts on pay per play deals.

7. The way some excellent professionals and servants of the club have been treated (Nelsen for testimonial anyone?

8. The way our community leaders and representitives have been ignored when they've tried to contact the club owners.

9. The way we were blamed by the cockney scumbag for our current plight.

10.The way our club has lied to us.

11.The way the media have been led by the club to portray us.

12.The one side way Sky have portrayed us.

13.The cynical way out protests have been stopped at the gates.

14. The way they searched our children.

15. The way the FA have neglected us

16. The way the owners have hid from us.

17. The constant lies spouted by the manager

18. The cynical way the new season tickets have been pushed.

19. The consistantly broken promises.

20. The lack of re-investment.

21. The fact my children will probably never know what it's like to support your home town team in the top flight of English football again.

Feel sick. I will be spoiling all their day for once on our last home gave in the Premiership.

2.5 hours grief won't make up for what they've spoiled and I won't let up all game against Wigan.

Archived