BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

Every preview gets pinned before the game mate

Unpinned a few topics recently to make it more user friendly

You could make an exception in this case since its more of a statement of Braddock's whacko beliefs than a match preview. :tu:

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll huff and puff but our lack of quality will let us down (again). I'm expecting a bizarre starting 11, players out of position, Wigan to pick us off 1-4, us to be embarrassed, at least one bloke to wade out of JW lower to try and lamp Kean.

I've not renewed my ST, and I fully expect this to be our last home game in the prem for some time. I hope as fans we go down with more fight, noise and energy than we've seen on the pitch in the last 18 months.

rtid.

Are we really going to subject poor poor Mr Kean to more horrendous abuse. I mean come on don't you listen to the people on the telly? It's OUR fault, the fans, that we are where we are. Poor poor Mr Kean has had to endure ALL those injuries, he has had to cope with ALL those experienced players leaving. It's not his fault it's ours. ###### GIVE THIS PLONKER AND THE INDIAN ###### BAGS ALL THE VITRIOLIC ABUSE THEY DESERVE. They have stolen the the soul from our once proud club and it's ONLY us fans that see it. Wigan 4 ROvers 0. It would be more but Whelan probably has a word and tells em to take it easy. I hate the imposters that are Kean and Venky's and if any of them grace these shores near me they will cop a slap.

I can just see the press conference after Wigan give us the same drubbing they gave to Newcastle last week. It will be a foot through the screen at this end moment no doubt.

Kean saying : "We'll take the positives from that and kick on. Mark my words, we'll be back up in the Premier in two years, because everyone can see what we're trying to build here. The physical statistics will show that we had at least as many half chances and off chances as they did, so thats encouraging."

The thing for me is that over the past two months we have nearly always followed up our rubbish performances with great performances.

The counter to this argument is good performances have been followed by rubbish ones. For example to great results at Christmas followed by an abject performance at home to Stoke.

There have been four occasions during the season when we have been presented with the chance to climb out if our hole. Each time we have failed to grasp the opportunity.

Last night Spurs gave us a very slight fifth chance. Provided QPR and Bolton only win one game each and we win our reaming matches we will stay up. I'm not trying to grasp at straws here just point out we have yet another very slim chance to escape.

The question is will Kean take the chance against Wigan?

IF QPR and Bolton lose on Sunday where does that leave us as supporters? Both barrels for Kean and the Raos or 90 minutes of urging the team to victory?

• Backroom

The main thing is Sundays results

If QPR or Bolton win then it really is over IMO but if we go into Monday's game 3 points behind then it's all to play for

The thing for me is that over the past two months we have nearly always followed up our rubbish performances with great performances.

6 defeats in a row, which of those 6 was a great performance?

We went to spurs desperately needing a win, yet we sat off them and let them go through us time and time again. There was no desire, no competitive edge.

Over half the games we've played this season, we've lost. Please spare me the "great performances" stuff, we're awful with an imposter for a manager and we deserve to go down.

And it will probably be the final nail on Monday.

IF QPR and Bolton lose on Sunday where does that leave us as supporters? Both barrels for Kean and the Raos or 90 minutes of urging the team to victory?

BOTH.

The time for pussyfooting about has long gone.

FFS, our club is in tatters and this is a great opportunity, possibly the last, to tell the world LOUD & CLEARLY what we think of Venky's & Kean !

After his sides 2-0 loss at Stamford Bridge, confirming his sides relegation, Kean said, "Last week against Wigan, when we won 2-0, the fans really got behind all of us. This is a clear indication that they feel our performances don't deserve relegation. If your own fans are happy, then somewhere along the line you've been very unlucky. We'll be back."

Get behind them all you want, we have been beating the likes of Wigan all season, then losing the follow up match. If we do beat Wigan, and you don't give them hell, above will be Kean's press conference.

What games have you been watching Eddie?

Asides from OT I haven't seen one 'great' performance this season. A couple of "solid wins" in amongst a sea of sh** is about the best spin even PR guru Steve Kean could come up with.

This is my final league table

a0106c2e9eca7aa14048a38183b50594_large.jpg

FINGERS CROSSED

VERY optimistic.

Would require:

Rovers to beat Wigan (by 3 clear goals!) and get a draw at Chelsea.

Bolton to lose at home against westbrom (by one goal) and get a draw at stoke?

QPR to get a draw against stoke and lose by 2 goals at city

Wigan to beat wolves by 2 goals.

Villa to lose against spurs and at Norwich (by just a goal on both occasions).

As a previous poster said I admire your optimism but I just can`t see us stuffing Wigan :(

Archived