BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Vultures are circling....Who is Key to our team next season?

Forget the manager/ owner situation for one minute........assume Kean is gone (If rumours are correct - we go down, he gets the sack), and that the new manager will be backed by the owners....Now obviously some will leave, whether it be because they feel they should be in the premier league, or because we decide the wages are too high for championship football.

Its obvious Hoilett is off, and there are rumours starting to surface that West Brom might want Robbo (Might change now Hodgson is off), and that Martin Olsson is also looking for an exit...and possibly others such as Yakubu (possible release clause), NZonzi & HOPEFULLY Dann.

Givet has done an interview with the LT (Around when Keanocchio said he was refusing to play) - in which the source claimed he could be willing to stay even if we went down.

So the question is simple..... Who do you see as Key to our chances of making a return to the big time, and who do you actually think we need to try our best to keep hold of? And who do you not really think is fit to wear the shirt anyway?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Givet is our best defender by far and if we can keep hold of him that will be great news.

Not fussed about Robinson leaving. I think Bunn will be more than capable at that level and probably impressed me more this season than Robinson.

Hoilett and Yakubu are the two players we'll really miss should they leave.

Rochina, Formica, Goodwillie, Martin Olsson, Hanley, Lowe, Henley and N'zonzi are all players I'd expect to be key for us should they stay.

Dunny and Peds might stay and we'll need their experience and personalities in the dressing room next season for sure.

Orr has done well at RB for us and I expect him to stay.

The rest will either leave or have limited roles.

There's a lot of reserve and youth players that could probably step up next season as well.

If we can keep:

---------Bunn---------

Orr-Givet-Hanley-Henley

Formica-Lowe-Dunn-MGP

--Goodwillie-THE YAK*

Then we're not looking too bad to be honest. Especially with a few of the youngsters coming though.

*THE YAK is key, because if he goes we need to find a 25 goal striker from somewhere.

Actually - key to everything is having an experienced manager who knows what to do in the Championship. I'd take McCarthy or Bruce.

Think robinson, givet, martin olsson, hoilett, yak, nzonzi could contribute to a prem team squad therefore will go. But would want to keep.

Owners will still be here so presumably salgado, rochina, vukevic, formica will not play “contractual issues” again.

Petrovic, modeste, Anderson, ribero?, are league one standard so don’t want.

Grella a crock.

So that leaves rest who are championship quality players who no one in prem would touch and we couldn’t get rid of anyway. So team will prob look like:

Bunn,

marcus olsson,

Dann,

Hanley,

Lowe,

Orr,

Dunn (in a wheelchair presumably),

Pedersen,

Blackman,

Goodwillie.

Plus whoever we dredge up in summer. Effectively during kean’s tunure been building a championship team so we will fit right in.

Between all the senior players, I'd want to keep Givet. Its possible.

I think Dunn, Pedersen and Robinson would all consider staying too.

Others will leave.

My team would be as follows for next season

Bunn,

Orr, Givet, Hanley, Henley

Petrovic,

Formica, Lowe, Vukcevic, MGP

Rochina

I have put Rochina as our striker as I think he will be most suited to this with not having to track back

Sorry to say but no chance Formica, Vukcevic or Petrovic will stay. I'd argue the same for Rochina possibly.

Owners will still be here so presumably salgado, rochina, vukevic, formica will not play “contractual issues” again.

Petrovic, modeste, Anderson, ribero?, are league one standard so don’t want.

Grella a crock.

Salgado & Grella are out of contract.....Modeste is only on loan so will no doubt go back.

Blackman & Zac Aley are also out of contract too.

Sorry to say but no chance Petrovic will stay.

Hope your right on that one

Bunn is capable at that level, so no issue if Robbo was to leave.

Who would I really want to keep? Givet for sure, Orr can do a job, Dunn would be ok at that level as would Peds. Lowe, Henley and Formica would benefit from some serious game time in that league.

I'd have no qualms in getting rid of ALOT of the deadwood, namely; Petrovic, Grella, Anderson, Ribero, Modeste.

I'm taking it as a given that Olly, Nzonzi, Yak and Hoillett will be gone.

I don't think Rochina would do anything at any level.

He reminds me of Jansen before Souness got hold of him. Unless he learns how to play for the team, he's useless. And let's face it, Kean wouldn't have a clue in how to help him.

Givet, Hoilett, Mart Olsson and Yakubu are the only stand-out players we have left.

Robinson, Nzonzi are a cut above and would be useful at championship level.

The rest are a much of a muchness and will be as much use to us as the pope's nut-sack.

The best players will be off, leaving us with a load of old **** and some kids. Add in to that a terrible manager and we have a recipe for a second successive relegation.

All this talk of players is a waste fo time anyway, we won't start moving in the right direction until Venky's (and Kean) go.

I think this is impossible to answer at this stage. Firstly, Venky's are unlikely to put money into the club. Secondly, I'm still of the belief that Kean will still be here next season - isn't he planning the pre-season at the moment, certainly that's what I'm led to believe. The third unknown is how many players want to leave and how much Venky's want to recoup in terms of fees.

I don't think we will get a clear picture until the end of June, possibly the end of July. However, I fully expect Robinson, Martin Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu, Givet, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Dann, Vukcevic, Rochina and Formica to leave in the summer. With little or nothing in the Reserves looking ready for League action, the owners could be faced with some major problems come the end of the summer with regard to team building.

Forget the manager/ owner situation for one minute........assume Kean is gone (If rumours are correct - we go down, he gets the sack), and that the new manager will be backed by the owners....Now obviously some will leave, whether it be because they feel they should be in the premier league, or because we decide the wages are too high for championship football.

Its obvious Hoilett is off, and there are rumours starting to surface that West Brom might want Robbo (Might change now Hodgson is off), and that Martin Olsson is also looking for an exit...and possibly others such as Yakubu (possible release clause), NZonzi & HOPEFULLY Dann.

Givet has done an interview with the LT (Around when Keanocchio said he was refusing to play) - in which the source claimed he could be willing to stay even if we went down.

So the question is simple..... Who do you see as Key to our chances of making a return to the big time, and who do you actually think we need to try our best to keep hold of? And who do you not really think is fit to wear the shirt anyway?

Errr...... NEXT season? We'll be lucky if we can field a youth team pal. Just wait 'till the revenue projects for next year hit Pune. They won't pay the rates!

Surely the problem you will face is the same one any relegated team does after spending more than a season or 2 in the Prem. Anybody any good will be off because other clubs will come in for them, you end up left with high wage earners who you can't shift, many who don't want to play in the 'lower leagues' (even though they've just proved themselves not good enough for the higher league!)

The championship isn't a walk in the park - none of the 3 relegated last season have managed automatic promotion this, so it looks like only one will get back up - ad even that could not happen (though I would expect one of the three to win the play offs).

Until you know who you have left you can't say who will be key player wise but dare I suggest that the key to your team will be the manager?

I don't think we will get a clear picture until the end of June, possibly the end of July. However, I fully expect Robinson, Martin Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu, Givet, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Dann, Vukcevic, Rochina and Formica to leave in the summer. With little or nothing in the Reserves looking ready for League action, the owners could be faced with some major problems come the end of the summer with regard to team building.

That's exactly how I see matters transpiring too Parsonblue,the team next season will be vitually unrecognisable from the one now.

When will people realise that if Venky's wont spend in the Premierleague they damn well wont when we are a Championship outfit.

We will be looking at inexperienced youth lads and average championship players at best....we are in deep shyte.

In goal- Robbo might go but if he stays we'll be strong in goal. Heck, if he goes Bunn will be strong in goal so I have no worries there.

In defense- Givet if he stays will be a monster in the Championship. Martin Olsson, Hanley, Lowe, Henley and Orr would round out a very strong back 4, considering their age and PL experience which would come in very handy next season one level lower.

In midfield- I think Dunn and MGP will stay at least another year. Despite the stick they take, I think both are loyal to the Rovers. And I think despite their age they'll chew up the talent on offer at the Championship level. Formica and N'zonzi (if we get a new manager) I think will stay and blaze trails. I don't know about Vukcevic. If he stays we'll be very strong. If he goes, we'll still be strongish but won't be dominate. I suspect (perhaps overly optimistically so) that next year we'll be very respectable in the midfield, perhaps commanding, if only because of the level we'll have fallen too.

Forwards- We'll be weakest in the forward position. Jr. Hoilett and Yakubu are probably both gone. Junior as he has been angling for a move for awhile and we have no way of keeping him or getting fair value. Another Kean failure. The Yak because he's worth a small fortune which means the owners will cash him in. Which is too bad, if he stayed we'd be half way to the goals needed for promotion back to the PL. He'll be another test I suspect the owners will again demonstrate that they are penny-wise but pound foolish.

Rochina and Goodwillie will likely stay. I think Goodwillie will shine at the Championship level. Rochina has great skill but needs a proper manager to keep him in line and develop him. Regardless, we'll need a player or two in the forward position to put points on the board.

If we keep Blackmun (who may be a Championship level striker- look at what he did in the SPL), Goodwillie and, most especially the Yak, we'll be decent or better on offense.

Management- This is the critical component. Our squad is a decent (not trailblazing) PL squad. Our failures are purely down to manager, and owners who would not listen to the outcry from the supporters. If we get a good manager, I suggest Curbishley, we'll be right back up. If we don't, we'll stay down and slowly decay.

havent i already started one of these threads of in the transfer section?

Your thread....which I feel is in the wrong section, seems to be about 'who do you think' will leave.

Im asking people who they see as Key to our progress next season, who they think is actually worth their shirt. Who they would actually be gutted to see ago, apart from the obvious one (Hoilett).

For instance I would happily see the back of certain players, as I think their attitude this season has been poor. I.e. NZonzi - Yes the lad has talent no doubt, or clubs like Arsenal wouldnt look at him - but for me, he has been poor when we have needed him to step up to the plate.

An example of key for me would be - retaining Givet & Hanley as our centre backs....with those 2 as 1st choice in that league, I would be very confident.

If we go down and if he stays Rochina would score a hatful. I'd also expect Goodschlong to bang in the goals.

Key feature - proper manager and unified fans...one will swiftly follow the other.

A problem with our club at the moment is not just that we've been robbed of a decent manager, robbed of our best players, robbed of our board structure, robbed of our status.

We've also been robbed of our belief...

It's fairly obvious the better players will leave and we all know who they are. The entire squad needs a revamp with significant money spent but that is unlikely to happen because as we all know the owners will not spend money. Couple this with Kean still in charge because the owners will not want to spend money by paying him off and it's easy to see us being in another relegation struggle next season. So who is key to our team next season ? The answer is the owners, because unless they take their "baby" seriously and spend money we will continue to decline.

Archived