BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Vultures are circling....Who is Key to our team next season?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players leaving and approximate fees £m are

Robo 2

Martin O 2

Givet 0

Nzonzi 4

Dann 2

Yakubu 1.5 (get-out figure in contract on relegation)

Hoillet 0.5 to 4

Formica 1

Rochina 1

Salgado 0

Grella 0 (plus treatment table)

Total 14 - 18

This might be enough to settle the remaining bank debt and reduce the wage bill to about £20m - about equal to the parachute payment of £16m plus gate/commercial/TV of £4m.

Trouble is only about 10 players remain (including rookies such as Henley and Slew) and most of them are ######.

Expect Maradonna to be next manager.

I think you may have under valued some of the players - all depends on how quickly the Venkys want to reduce the wage bill. If they hold their nerve - I could see Robbo going for 3, Olsson at least 4,Givet 1 to 2, Nzonzi - 5+, Dann 3 & Formica 2 to 3. The Yak will be the interesting one - as I can't recollect anyone confirming the get-out clause - lets hope not, as you would be talking 5+ for a proven premiership goal scorer.

Firstly i think it is pretty clear that the club is available for sale. However, i also believe we have a set of owners who are not desperate or in desperate need to, sell the club. If the right offer comes in i think they'll let us go to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

In the mean time the strategy seems to be, clear the debt and get wages under control. This much seems pretty obvious to me without knowing any details of accounts etc. I don't believe relegation will necessarily be seen as a crisis to Venky's. The parachute payments will ensure they have a larger time scale to flog the club. Perhaps the asking price may tumble towards the end of that period, but i'd be surprised if it did so prior to this.

Anyway, i suppose that leads me to a point surrounding the topic title. I believe Venky's were all too aware of the gamble they took this season. They hoped (and it must've been blind hope) that Rovers could stay up this season (and possibly next season too) with a very obviously less talented and less well paid squad than in previous years. Replacing players of Samba's quality with the likes of Orr and Olsson shows the direction the club is heading. When we drop into the Championship next season this process will speed up ten fold. I can see Rovers making signings such as Brian Howard, half decent ball playing midfielder recently released by Reading. These such players will quickly replace the likes of Formica and Rochina.

That all kind of sounds obvious i know. But i think we'll be shocked at the speed of the process. In no way can i see Rovers challenging to come straight back up. I can't even see us making much of a challenge in 2 or 3 season's time. I believe Venky's will be happy to clear the decks and kit us out with players who (again) they hope can sustain our status in the Championship. Poor to average quality players who, most importantly will not drain money from the club. With a vastly reduced wage bill and the scheduled parachute payments, Venky's can sit on the club and hold out for a decent ish price should a foolish buyer appear.

In all honesty i cannot see Robinson, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Dunn, N'Zonzi, Formica, Rochina, Simon or Yakubu at Rovers next season. I think we'll bring in maybe half that number in through the door, but i don't expect anything other than solid lower Championship / League 1 fighters. It is very easy to think back to the last time this happened and the side which Souness gained promotion with. But i simply cannot see Rovers bringing in players half as good as Craig Hignett etc..

Are parachute payments dependent on us staying in the Championship (and not going lower, just in case anyone thought we might go the other way)? If not, I can see a scenario where they continue selling players that'll fetch anything and replace with anyone on frees who command less in wages.

Repeat ad infinitum. So we'll sink lower and lower whilst the Evil Ones can get money out of the club. What incentive is there for them to get us promoted?

Not French enough - unless he's got a bit of French Canadian in him - for Wenger and daft if he goes to spurs. Besides which Harry is out of contract and hasn't been offered a new one so who would he be signing for? Agent talk in all probability. He'll go but don't see either of those being his destination.

I can see him going to newcastle, If he goes there and plays to the level he can under an experienced manager I could see them being unstoppable with

Guttierez put back at left back and him and ben arfa on the wings ba and cisse up front!! A team to be jealous of!

I think Petrovic would shine if stays, he's a player that if settle is really good, much down to confidence. Maybe we could start building a new team around young players and we can start fresh. For me Hoilett, Robinson, Salgado, Grella, Aley, Blackman and probably Vukcevic will leave. But if we keep the rest of the players Im sure we will go straight back again.

I think Petrovic would shine if stays, he's a player that if settle is really good, much down to confidence. Maybe we could start building a new team around young players and we can start fresh. For me Hoilett, Robinson, Salgado, Grella, Aley, Blackman and probably Vukcevic will leave. But if we keep the rest of the players Im sure we will go straight back again.

I think several more of the better players will leave (Mart Olsson, Yakubu etc) and we will struggle to be mid-table Championship. The Championship is going to be very, very difficult to get out of and I have no confidence that we would come straight back up. We shouldn't mislead ourselves into thinking Rovers will be a big fish in the Championship, we will be on the slide, being run on the cheap, and a team that everyone else will LOVE the opportunity to 'put in its place'. It is unlikely to be fun.

Despite what Kean says about retaining the bulk of his squad it's clear that Robinson, Martin Olsson, Givet, Nzonzi, and Yakubu will go. Salgado, Grella, Goulon and Hoilett are out of contract. Modeste will thankfully return to France, while I expect Formcia, Rochina, Vukcevic, Pedersen and Dann to leave as well.

I fully expect the team to revolve around the likes of Bunn, Lowe, Hanley, Morris, O'Connor, Henley, Dunn, Petrovic, Anderson, Slew, Marcus Olsson and Orr. Perhaps even Blackman and Evans might be added to that list. I'm not sure if Linganzi still has another year on his contract or not. Bruno still has two years left so I suppose he'll be added to the mix.

Whichever way you look at it without huge investment on the part of Venky's - and we all know how unlikely that is - I can see nothing but another long, hard season trying to avoid relegation.

Tony Blair wants Paul Agnew.

oh I'm sure PAPR will be well looked after for their part in the destruction of Rovers and the protection of Kean and associates, good job really because local companies when word spreads might have second thoughts about using .

Despite what Kean says about retaining the bulk of his squad it's clear that Robinson, Martin Olsson, Givet, Nzonzi, and Yakubu will go. Salgado, Grella, Goulon and Hoilett are out of contract. Modeste will thankfully return to France, while I expect Formcia, Rochina, Vukcevic, Pedersen and Dann to leave as well.

I fully expect the team to revolve around the likes of Bunn, Lowe, Hanley, Morris, O'Connor, Henley, Dunn, Petrovic, Anderson, Slew, Marcus Olsson and Orr. Perhaps even Blackman and Evans might be added to that list. I'm not sure if Linganzi still has another year on his contract or not. Bruno still has two years left so I suppose he'll be added to the mix.

Whichever way you look at it without huge investment on the part of Venky's - and we all know how unlikely that is - I can see nothing but another long, hard season trying to avoid relegation.

All depends on the manager situ I think....it seems obvious that Kean will stay, but IF there is anyway they could sack him - then one or two might decide to be loyal. Givet & Hanley at CB would be a very good central defence in that league.

As for the list above, think Blackman is out of contract in summer too.

Rovers need to be looking around at any half decent bosmans they can pick up too....

All depends on the manager situ I think....it seems obvious that Kean will stay, but IF there is anyway they could sack him - then one or two might decide to be loyal. Givet & Hanley at CB would be a very good central defence in that league.

Rovers need to be looking around at any half decent bosmans they can pick up too....

I somehow feel that Blackman will land a bumper new contract at Rovers if the same money can not be found at another club, just a feeling I have got don't know why ;)

I thought Blackman got a new two year contract in January 2011. A certain agent who was in the building at that time is Blackman's agent.

Just checked on SEM website and he did indeed sign a new two and a half year deal last season.

I thought Blackman got a new two year contract in January 2011. A certain agent who was in the building at that time is Blackman's agent.

Just checked on SEM website and he did indeed sign a new two and a half year deal last season.

Yeah that was when the place was rocking, he might need a new one now its fell over

not posted since after the Wigan game just too gutted ( but we knew it was coming ) the only way the side mentioned above and playing under Kean is going is down too League one that unfortunately is without a shadow of a doubt....our only hope is the scum let the club go and take their puppet pet Coco Kean with them so we can start afresh :angry2:

• Backroom

Raheem Hanley may be off for nothing apparently

We're screwed if we can't even keep hold of unproven talents they may be needed

oh I'm sure PAPR will be well looked after for their part in the destruction of Rovers and the protection of Kean and associates, good job really because local companies when word spreads might have second thoughts about using .

I wonder , if Ryan Nelsen knows he is on PAPR home page ?

Let us hope that word does get around and bloody quickly too ..

Archived