BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Vultures are circling....Who is Key to our team next season?

I'm sure those on twitter will be well aware of this but for those who aren't (and as it could easily get lost amongst todays 'events'), Raheem announced on there earlier that he has signed a pro. contract with Rovers. So obviously someone at the club is capable of making vaguely sensible decisions.

True - HOWEVER, only a 1 year deal!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 clubs in for NZonzi

Looks like NZonzi might get the most interest of any of our players this summer...auction time!

"Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland and Fulham are all among the clubs looking at making a move for the 23-year-old."

And many Rovers fans think he is useless...... :blink:

"Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland and Fulham are all among the clubs looking at making a move for the 23-year-old."

He is still a bit raw but has a lot of potential. More clubs getting involved should bump the price up a little bit, but they are buying a Championship player so we won't be getting mega bucks for him.

Some thought Villanueva and Kalinic were good. Strange world.

I rate him pretty highly tbh......he didn't get stuck in enough under Allardyce but he is still young. I think he has more potential than Scott Parker did when he was younger and he is a really good player now.

He is composed, hard to shrug off the ball, very good at retaining possession and he has impressed me this season when he has been given a licence to go forward.

I read a few months ago that 80% of his passes were forward and I feel the reason why he can look to often make sideways or backwards passes is a combination of there being nothing on in front of him and also his willingness to retain possession...... Throughout most of the season I believe we have had the least possession at home in the top leagues of England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France and he felt it best to have to go backwards/sideways to try and get a spell of possession going.

However the ball would go back to Scott Dann or Robinson who would just hoof the ball normally over Yakubu's head......I also read that Robinson has the lowest pass completion ratio in the top leagues of England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France with 25% ...... with the next lowest goalkeeper in the English league being Mignolet at Sunderland who had a 39% ratio........also the 25% was just winning the first ball of which we probably won roughly half of the 2nd ball meaning I imagine we retain possession every time Robinson gets the ball about 1 in 10 times.

Robbo can go for me a high earner etc, done his all for us and deserves another crack at the PL. Bunn and Kean are more than capable next year.

Martin Olsson - Can go, can't cross or tackle. Ready made replacement in Adam Henley.

Steven N'Zonzi - Can go for me, attitude spoils a good player and we could get at least 6million for him. Could pave the way for Raheem Hanley and John O'Sullivan to step up.

Salgado, Hoillett, Grella all out on frees, got to be 100k a week in wages right there = 4.8 million a year saved.

Its important to keep Givet as a back up to Henley at LB and as our number one centre half , who he will partner i dont know but i dont think Dann nor Hanley will leave.

Mr underrated Formica has to stay for me, i nickname him the engine of the team because he never stops working his arse off.

Id like Yakubu to stay if he leaves i cant blame him hes getting on and is a top PL player, i think i was the only one who was asking for us to sign him this time last year that it self with his stock being as low as it was surely means loyalty of another year isn't totally out of the question. we need a 25 goal striker next year and hes the man.

Rochina - would love him to stay but i can see him going to Levante or someone similar, shame a talented lad and he needs the right manager guiding him if hes to prosper.

I'

Robbo can go for me a high earner etc, done his all for us and deserves another crack at the PL. Bunn and Kean are more than capable next year.

Martin Olsson - Can go, can't cross or tackle. Ready made replacement in Adam Henley.

Steven N'Zonzi - Can go for me, attitude spoils a good player and we could get at least 6million for him. Could pave the way for Raheem Hanley and John O'Sullivan to step up.

Salgado, Hoillett, Grella all out on frees, got to be 100k a week in wages right there = 4.8 million a year saved.

Its important to keep Givet as a back up to Henley at LB and as our number one centre half , who he will partner i dont know but i dont think Dann nor Hanley will leave.

Mr underrated Formica has to stay for me, i nickname him the engine of the team because he never stops working his arse off.

Id like Yakubu to stay if he leaves i cant blame him hes getting on and is a top PL player, i think i was the only one who was asking for us to sign him this time last year that it self with his stock being as low as it was surely means loyalty of another year isn't totally out of the question. we need a 25 goal striker next year and hes the man.

Rochina - would love him to stay but i can see him going to Levante or someone similar, shame a talented lad and he needs the right manager guiding him if hes to prosper.

I'

I'

I'

Agree with everything...

Anybody else think Craig Gordon would be a great replacement for Robinson if he leaves, he is now available on a free after being released by sunderland- http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18128262 , had a few injury problems but had great potential before that and a year in the championship would take off a liitle pressure and give him chance to regain his form.

I iamagine he would have to be snapped up quickly as there would be many suiters.

Anybody else think Craig Gordon would be a great replacement for Robinson if he leaves, he is now available on a free after being released by sunderland- http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18128262 , had a few injury problems but had great potential before that and a year in the championship would take off a liitle pressure and give him chance to regain his form.

I iamagine he would have to be snapped up quickly as there would be many suiters.

Not for me, we're OK for goalkeepers. He's financially out of our league as well I suspect. We need to realise we're in the chumpionship now, he probably wouldn't come to us if Reading or Southampton come in for him.

i dont agree, we cant rely on bunn to do the business on the basis of a couple of games, kean isnt ready yet, we lose robbo then a good keeper is essential, gordon would be an ideal replacement, depending on his wages.

I think Bunn is better than Robbo.....altho admittedly not seeing as much of him........a goalkeeper is not a priority......we will be losing strikers, midfielders and defenders and need to get lots of replacements........a keeper should not be an immediate priority.

Gordon is a great keeper......especially when he was at Hearts but he is injury prone and we shouldn't take gambles on these kind of players imo.

Terrible news about the Yak wanting out but just who the hell can blame him.With our awful owners seemingly unwilling to spend money you are left asking just where the eck are the goals going to come from next season!!

:unsure:

Scottish Wayne Rooney and Nick Blackman :blink::wacko::o

• 2 weeks later...

So NZonzi wanted by Arsenal and half of prem

Hoilett possibly to Germany

Yak wants a prem return

Olsson apparently attracting Chelsea interest

Massive loss of quality if all 4 left. Only slight positive note has to be Givet saying he would stay if contact re-worked/ extended.

I'm fairly certain that obviously Hoilett as well as Olsson, Nzonzi and Yakubu are leaving. But I wouldn't of been surprised at all if the first 3 of them had left even if we stayed up. I think Robinson and Dann will also leave as they have both previously left relegated teams. For me, it should all be about trying to keep Givet, Rochina, Formica, Petrovic, Vukcevic as well as Goodwillie and Hanley. This would give us a decent enough team to be pushing for promotion with a new manager.

Archived