BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Kean 'Attacked'

Didn't really know whether I should put this here or in another thread as it relates to quite a few. RANT TIME. I am absolutely sick of people trying to protect and big up Steve Brent. And as for Eric Black saying he deserves a knighthood... well he needs to spend some time with the A & E staff on the nightshift at weekends, the squaddies in Afghanistan, the front line police lads, teachers in 'difficult' inner city schools where gang culture prevails. At risk of being sworn at or attacked is he? Full of dignity in awful circumstances is he? Utter nonsense. People working in the professions that I've just mentioned, and probably many more, would find it utterly ridiculous that Kean is being made out to be this brave hero. Ask them if they'd swap their jobs to take a bit of stick from fans sat behind barriers with a 'minder' at your side and tell them how many hundreds of thousands of pounds they'd get in return, they'd jump at the chance! Poor old Steve Kean? Not on your nelly!

+Infinity.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know before long this could well have grown into a story like the 'Burnley fans tried to set fire to managers wife' - a few grains of truth, well watered, grown into a full blown cock and bull story.

can almost hear it being told now - Rovers fans threatened manager with crow bar - or similar 'tool'.

Rubbish. The Guardian is slightly left of centre but to describe it as "extreme left-wing" is nonsense.

Any paper that hires Polly Toynbee is not 'slightly left of centre'. I seem to have hit a slight nerve with my critsism of the Guardian it seems, maybe this will will change your mind about their credibility...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/21/steve-kean-blackburn-manager-of-year

Anyway, back on topic. Here's a picture I sourced of Steve Kean with his bodyguard shortly after they foiled the invader....

minime.jpg

Who at the time were the most left-wing of the three main parties so I don't get your point.

Dear Lord. Nick Clegg, the heir to Karl Marx! Politics is not your strong point is it?

As, by your reasoning, The Guardian ia a paper for 'left-wing extremists' (whatever they are), can it be deduced that the Daily Mail, The S*n and he Star are neo-fascist publications?

Dear Lord. Nick Clegg, the heir to Karl Marx! Politics is not your strong point is it?

As, by your reasoning, The Guardian ia a paper for 'left-wing extremists' (whatever they are), can it be deduced that the Daily Mail, The S*n and he Star are neo-fascist publications?

I didn't say that did I, I said they were the most left wing of the electable parties not that the Lib Dems are purveyors of Marxist policies. Are you suggesting that the current Labour party or Tories were more left wing than the Lib Dems because if not your original 'I'm with stupid' emoticon doesn't make sense.

So which party should they have supported then (if they were 'extremely left wing') bearing in mind they were always going to support one that at least had the ability to have an impact on the election?

Finally, if I don't understand politics you don't understand flippancy, you're taking the "extremely" bit a bit too literally given the throw away manner I originally used it but I've obviously offended you by using a negative word in regard to a paper you read. I'm sorry for that.

From the LT article:

STEVE Kean has laughed off suggestions that he was ‘attacked’ by a fan at training this week – after insisting the ‘mischief makers’ are just ignored.

So SK is calling "a Rovers spokesman" (as per Star and Mail) a mischief maker?

That's what happens when you make things up- it is ever more difficult to stop the make believe curling round on itself....

Coco is now saying that a UK newspaper printed an inflamatory article without checking the source?

Coco is now getting his ugly mug all over the media denying it and the chance to mouth off about just about everything.

Kean says: "It wasn't our normal selves (against Tottenham), but I felt the criticisms in some sections of the press were harsh, because to suggest we just gave up - that is not in the DNA of the team. Anybody who wants to come and look at us on Monday night, judge us (then) - we will give a response."

My link

Coco your Judgement Day is coming.

Rubbish. How many people will read the first story and how many will learn the actual events. The damage has been done in the nationals and Keano's looking all honest and dignified in the locals.

Guardian backed Lib Dems at the last election :wstu:

Guardian has never been more than slightly to the left of centre.

Print daily stories of minorities being 'persecuted' by the majority...check!

Disregard every Tory policy not because you understand it and the implications but simply because it the Tories and they're evil..check!

Everything private companies does is evil, everything the public sector does great...check!

Daily Cartoon mocking Cameron and Osborne's 'posh' background..check!

I dunno how you can say they are 'left of centre', they lean further to the left than Heather Mills did the day she misplaced her wooden leg.

Any paper that hires Polly Toynbee is not 'slightly left of centre'. I seem to have hit a slight nerve with my critsism of the Guardian it seems, maybe this will will change your mind about their credibility...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/21/steve-kean-blackburn-manager-of-year

That ridiculous Guardian article has been covered at length on this MB already.

Polly Toynbee's political bent is meaningless in the context of The Guardian; clearly a moderate left-leaning publication.

My mum went to uni with a guy who was a communist. He ended up as the Mail's political editor. It's just a job.

What has it come to eh? So many lies that even the liars have to go back and change their story to suit their twisted ends. Some of them probably forgot what the original lie was at some point. Presuming the story was planted by Rovers to get some sympathy for SK in advance of the inevitable vitriol he's going to get on Monday, hence making us look bad again. Note the mention that the fan was drunk and the fact that SK had bodyguards (plural). Then it's denied by SK to make him look like the good guy. Makes you sick but 99 percent of the viewing public and all the media will fall for it. The amount of times I get people telling me what a decent bloke SK is and how he is doing a great job in impossible circumstances it's untrue.

• Backroom

What a load of bullshizzle. Good'un Keano. Pretend to be the good guy after the damage has been done. He's the definition of the end of a bell!

Credit to Kean for dismissing the story, he could have said nothing and let the story stand.

Being a tad gullible there, aren't you, GAV?

You should know how this man operates by now.

Being a tad gullible there, aren't you, GAV?

You should know how this man operates by now.

Not at all, not every story holds water Topman, you should know that.

Print daily stories of minorities being 'persecuted' by the majority...check!

Disregard every Tory policy not because you understand it and the implications but simply because it the Tories and they're evil..check!

Everything private companies does is evil, everything the public sector does great...check!

Daily Cartoon mocking Cameron and Osborne's 'posh' background..check!

I dunno how you can say they are 'left of centre', they lean further to the left than Heather Mills did the day she misplaced her wooden leg.

Up until very recently the BBC only advertised their jobs in the Guardian.

Archived