BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers legend Simon Garner tells 6m BBC listeners why regime change is needed at Ewood Park

Simon Garner obviously doesn't think it's a pipe dream.

He's getting involved and doing something positive.

And good for him.

Basically what I said, I'm glad he's involved but just look at past attempts of fans trying to buy clubs, The Red Knights, the blue knights etc all of whom have much richer fans than us and never managed to achieve their target.

Even if they did buy the club, I'd be hoping it would be to sell it on as if they can't raise enough money to buy the club, how on Earth would they fund it's day to day running let alone transfer fees. Whilst I'd rather see anyone but Venky's at the helm, and see the romanticism of the fans buying the club I wouldn't want to go from have very little money to no money at all.

The problem with Venky's isn't lack of communication as claimed in the interview, it's bad communication (lying) but mostly a lack of funds. As someone said in the other thread, I don't remember the Trust being that vocal and I'd bet most Rovers fans couldn't name you two of it's members prior to the sale to Venky's, the Trust were more elusive than Venky's. But what they did do was inject enough cash to sustain out EPL status even though they tried to minimize their investment as much as possible in their last years here.

If Venky's acted exactly the same as they have, but had pumped in tens of millions in tranfee fees I would be willing the bet there wouldn't be anywhere near the kind of resentment their is now.

I agree. But, the Venkys have not been benign owners, have they?

What they have done is highlight the danger of being owned by people who appear to be dangerously clueless.

If it's not the Venkys we need to worry about, it's who they might sell us on to.

That's why BRSIT is important - someone needs to be planning for any eventuality now to save the club (or pick it up off its arse) at some point in the future.

That's why you should support it. Not because you don't know if it will work, but because fellow Rovers fans are working hard to provide some sort of safety net if the worst were to happen.

There is an awful lot happening behind the scenes and more and more fans with expertise to offer are getting involved.

• Backroom

I'm surprised he's involved to be honest at the sportsmans dinner although he said its wrong what's going on he didn't seem that interested or clued up

Good to have a name involved I suppose

True Blue and White - BRSIT is neither fantasy or a set of rich fans like the so called Red Knights.

Take a closer look and open your mind to the possibility that a large number of fans working together can take a club on.

Will it be easy? No.

Will it be possible? Yes!

Other clubs (eg Swansea) have partial fans ownership - we need people to either join in or at least let BRSIT go forward without extra hindrance. It is a long shot but we need to be ready to take action.

By the way, Blackpool are managing financially and the Oystons are supposedly taking money out. A club can be run well without having to have a wealthy owner.

Having said all that I would still prefer Venkys to get some better advisors and be committed to building Rovers up.

True Blue and White - BRSIT is neither fantasy or a set of rich fans like the so called Red Knights.

Take a closer look and open your mind to the possibility that a large number of fans working together can take a club on.

Will it be easy? No.

Other clubs (eg Swansea) have partial fans ownership - we need people to either join in or at least let BRSIT go forward without extra hindrance. It is a long shot but we need to be ready to take action.

By the way, Blackpool are managing financially and the Oystons are supposedly taking money out. A club can be run well without having to have a wealthy owner.

Having said all that I would still prefer Venkys to get some better advisors and be committed to building Rovers up.

well said

Will it be easy? No.

It's all we are asking for in a nutshell.

It was good to hear him on talking about it. However I thought he let Kean off lightly by saying what a hard time he been getting. He could have crucified him and would have been justified if he had, but didn't take the chance.

Archived