BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Local Elections

Errmm it does differ substantially. Labour have advocated from the start of the crisis cutting the deficit more slowly because it would damage the recovery started by Gordon Brown. Those warnings have proved correct because - hey presto ! we are now back in recession because the Tories have been slashing jobs and wages. Labour have also pushed for growth to get people back into work and increase tax revenues but boy George only has a plan A. With Tories smashed in the local elections look out for a plan B forcusing on growth soon.

Ermm, no Jim both Milliband, Balls and Darling have stated that labour cuts would be deep, I believe a figure of 2 billion is the difference between the parties. But hey don’t let reality get in the way of a good story

As for been smashed, their was an 8 point difference out of London with the Tories having 3% overall within London. Rounded down that will be around a 4-5 point lead at a time during the coalitions weakest point.

I would be worried if Labour had an elecatble leader, something it doesn’t. The unions elected the wrong brother.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ermm, no Jim both Milliband, Balls and Darling have stated that labour cuts would be deep, I believe a figure of 2 billion is the difference between the parties.

As for been smashed, their was an 8 point difference out of London with the Tories having 3% overall within London. Rounded down that will be around a 4-5 point lead at a time during the coalitions weakest point.

Labour have said consistently the cuts have been too deep and too fast - and they have been proved right.

The Tories are clutching at straws with the London result where personalities triumphed over policies. Another good reason why mayors in the main cities is a poor idea and why most of the electorate rejected them.

He doesn't vote, or at least has said this in the past.

Not strictly true but you are correct this time, I didn't vote in these local elections. Why would I waste my time? My vote would make absolutely no difference whatsoever. Do you waste your time for no good reason or is your local ward more marginal?

The biter bit about the local elections is that so many people are still deluded enough to believe that the local elections are all about gaining control of the council between the traditional parties of Lab, Con and LibDem.

Not strictly true but you are correct this time, I didn't vote in these local elections. Why would I waste my time? My vote would make absolutely no difference whatsoever. Do you waste your time for no good reason or is your local ward more marginal?

The biter bit about the local elections is that so many people are still deluded enough to believe that the local elections are all about gaining control of the council between the traditional parties of Lab, Con and LibDem.

"You can't complain if you don't vote ". Maybe this dictum doesn't apply to everyone.

Sorry I wasn't intending anything other than repeating what I think you've said in the past.

Me? I didn't vote. Got home 30 minutes before the polls closed and only remembered after I'd showered and changed. Not knowing any of the candidates I would have voted for a badge and so decided not to. In the past I've known or at least met candidates so was quite happy to support them and not necessarily on party lines.

• 1 month later...

I agree Thatcher rose to the throne...the one upstairs in one of your 4 loos. Then she flushed the country down the toilet......

You just can't do humour can you? Best not to try Jim.

btw Does your modest little terraced house still depend on just one outside facility in the back yard? Your values like your politics belong to bygone times.

You aren't thick so you should have got off your arse and made some money if only your political brainwashing as an infant had allowed it. This life is not a rehearsal and you've obviously missed out and have deep regrets. Small wonder you always seem so bitter and continually lash out in any direction to relieve your ire.

It won't solve anything, imo you need to look rather closer to home. ;) Hope that helps.

I'm a lifelong BRFC fan. You probably are, my lad is, Fife is etc etc etc. No matter how keen you say he is Jack Straw isn't.

Odd thing with you Jim is that you rarely make a strong stand on an issue when you are factually incorrect.... except when it concerns politics when you repeatedly do.

What you mean is------he's Labour and you're not! (decidedly not).

Can't afford to be 47er..... I have to work for a living.

Good for you. And I hope you are paying your 45 per cent tax unlike this lot.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/

Are you having a pop at Jack, Jim or both?

Jack Straw's commitment to the club has long been evident.

And he is doing what he can to make our plight known.

Gordon's having a pop at Jack Straw because he's Labour.

Gordon plays golf and votes Tory.

Gordon's having a pop at Jack Straw because he's Labour.

Gordon plays golf and votes Tory.

Gordon can remember the Blackburn of the 60's and Blackburn today. Blackburn had many massive employers back then, now it's down to public services and BAC. 50 years of Labour mis-rule has not been a great advert for Labour MP's and a Labour controlled council.

The only possible reason they get in is cos of parental brainwashing! Oh and t'other job.

Yes I play golf although goodness how your mind can work that one into politics and yes I have voted Tory on the odd occasion but it's never been guaranteed and if your memory wasn't fading you'd rem me confessing to frequently abstaining .

Gordon can remember the Blackburn of the 60's and Blackburn today. Blackburn had many massive employers back then, now it's down to public services and BAC. 50 years of Labour mis-rule has not been a great advert for Labour MP's and a Labour controlled council.

The only possible reason they get in is cos of parental brainwashing! Oh and t'other job.

Yes I play golf although goodness how your mind can work that one into politics and yes I have voted Tory on the odd occasion but it's never been guaranteed and if your memory wasn't fading you'd rem me confessing to frequently abstaining .

I'm rather disappointed. There aren't nearly enough references to the 'underclasses' here.

I take it Labour voters are the caddies?

Nah..... labour chappies are not allowed anywhere near my club. The Young Conservatives do that job and are glad to do it.

Labour types in these parts are used to drag bags of aniseed around to exercise the hounds.... It's the only way you can get em to raise a sweat now the welfare state has taken over.

Blackburn has one of the most dynamic economies in the UK.It has a larger range of medium sized companies than all areas except the M40 corridor and Cambridge ,who in aggregate employ thousands. About 200 + who employ over 50 employees and some highly innovative,technological bunch they are. Start with Graham and Brown, one of the worlds best Wallpaper Design Companies to a certain telecomms Company that is one of Apple Inc's main sub-contractors.And not forgetting some of the most enterprising Asian British led Companies.

But good news backed up by economic data does not really fit does it.

Um! What about the years of Tory (and anti-northern) misrule? The economist conditions are overwhelmingly set by the central government not the town councils as I'm sure you realize. Not much chance of Tory goverments doing anything for a northern town that always votes Labour! Now if we were in Surrey......

Um! What about the years of Tory (and anti-northern) misrule? The economist conditions are overwhelmingly set by the central government not the town councils as I'm sure you realize. Not much chance of Tory goverments doing anything for a northern town that always votes Labour! Now if we were in Surrey......

The answers in your penultimate sentence 47er. We aren't in Surrey so it's a case of if the mountain won't go to Mohammed then Mohammed must go to the mountain. You get what you wish for for my Mother always said. ;)

Jim and Paul are quite content to sit around and wait for their rewards in the next life. Do you hold similar views? I don't want to question anybody's faith particularly but finding an invisible friend the day after they shuffle off their mortal coil is one hell of a gamble don't you think?

)

Jim and Paul are quite content to sit around and wait for their rewards in the next life. Do you hold similar views? I don't want to question anybody's faith particularly but finding an invisible friend the day after they shuffle off their mortal coil is one hell of a gamble don't you think?

In my case don't be so presumptuous. You have no idea what my religious or non-religious beliefs are.

Blackburn has one of the most dynamic economies in the UK.It has a larger range of medium sized companies than all areas except the M40 corridor and Cambridge ,who in aggregate employ thousands. About 200 + who employ over 50 employees and some highly innovative,technological bunch they are. Start with Graham and Brown, one of the worlds best Wallpaper Design Companies to a certain telecomms Company that is one of Apple Inc's main sub-contractors.And not forgetting some of the most enterprising Asian British led Companies.

But good news backed up by economic data does not really fit does it.

Shhhh.... don't tell Gordon. Doesn't fit his Labour-bashing stereotype view of the decline of the town. Not surprising since he rarely ventures out of the 19th at Pleasington GC these days.

On another note, good to see the tax evasion issue has hit the headlines. I bet Jimmy Carr isn't laughing any more and neither should his rich friends as the tax noose tightens.

I think the govt should consider taxing toilets. You can only have one crap at a time since why do people like Gordon need four ?

I think the govt should consider taxing toilets. You can only have one crap at a time since why do people like Gordon need four ?

S0 how about 4 people wanting a crap at the same time Brains? :rolleyes:

Jim I've got to say if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off.

Archived