BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BOYCOTT OF ALL MERCHANDISE AND FOOD AT EWOOD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, those who won't give Venky's another penny after going to Ewood for 40, 50, 60 years are glory hunters?

Course not. But you either support your club or you don't. I also said SOME on here. Not ALL.

Nobody is a 'gory hunter', what percentage are stopping going because they don't get to see Rooney et al next season?

If you didn't mean most people on here, don't come out with stupid statements like that.

Posted 4 minutes agosnapback.pngMattyblue, on 06 May 2012 - 18:05 PM, said:

So, those who won't give Venky's another penny after going to Ewood for 40, 50, 60 years are glory hunters?

Course not. But you either support your club or you don't. I also said SOME on here. Not ALL.

Nobody is a 'gory hunter', what percentage are stopping going because they don't get to see Rooney et al next season?

If you didn't mean most people on here, don't come out with stupid statements like that.

Fight

:lol:

If you ask most - then not many....but the reality is a good few thousand will not renew for the reason of the league....they will just use the 'Owners/ manager' excuse instead though - thats a FACT as it always happens when a club goes down.

The point of my post wasnt about Season Tickets, but sending a message whilst only giving V's the bare minimum!

I get your point, i just don't get the logic if you've already bought a S/T. Lots of fans are already making a massive sacrifice by not buying an S/T and foregoing something they love. They're doing that to get the scum out of the club. You're potentially prolonging their stay by buying an S/T. How do you not get that?

Anyway, I'm not going to the games next season but i might go down every fortnight and but something from the club shop. That'll learn em :D

Read the post, I said some, not most or all. Things are extremely bad at the club - but it is the club you support, not the owners or manager.

But often fans stop going because things are bad.

But the topic is about boycotting buying stuff at the ground etc - which will not achieve anything. It is the local business around the area that would suffer if people did that.

Does the club make the pies etc. Of course not. Why damage somebody elses job / business? Things in the shop are made by others - not the club. Do you think Blues bar will be empty on any match day. So you buy a season ticket, yet not a pint.

The club make money on food and drink from Blues Bar and Ewood kiosks.

I havent bought a pie or drink inside Ewood for 12 months! Like I say you can get food and drink from anywhere!

If you ask most - then not many....but the reality is a good few thousand will not renew for the reason of the league....they will just use the 'Owners/ manager' excuse instead though - thats a FACT as it always happens when a club goes down.

Well obviously, but this summer we will lose thousands that would have previously renewed without a second thought, whatever league we were in before this circus rolled into town.

Cancelling Sky subscriptions would be better than not renewing season tickets.

Sadly it wouldn't because the supporters of the promoted clubs would just replace the supporters of relegated clubs. sky always on a winner, sadly. Maybe cheaper for us though.

The club make money on food and drink from Blues Bar and Ewood kiosks.

I havent bought a pie or drink inside Ewood for 12 months! Like I say you can get food and drink from anywhere!

They would only get a percentage. For example, what is the price of a pint in the blues bar compared to pubs in the area.

Good. Once a supporter, always a supporter. No matter who owns the club or manages it or division the club is in. You either support the club through thick and thin - or be a glory hunter like some on here.

Supporters of 40 plus years standing are refusing to go while this lot are in charge so this is plain nonsense.

You love to call the south coast "home" - I suggest you move back up here and go to Ewood every week before you start spouting off.

Supporters of 40 plus years standing are refusing to go while this lot are in charge so this is plain nonsense.

You love to call the south coast "home" - I suggest you move back up here and go to Ewood every week before you start spouting off.

If I lived up there I would go to every match. But I live down here and do not intend moving. Though I did consider it once. Too busy down here now to even consider it. but I will still travel up from the south when I can get away, no matter the divsion the club is in etc.

If I lived up there I would go to every match. But I live down here and do not intend moving. Though I did consider it once. Too busy down here now to even consider it. but I will still travel up from the south when I can get away, no matter the divsion the club is in etc.

a real fan would travel up every week. Even Venky's make it to Ewood more than you.

Sadly it wouldn't because the supporters of the promoted clubs would just replace the supporters of relegated clubs. sky always on a winner, sadly. Maybe cheaper for us though.

Boycotting the games won't really hit Venky's in the pocket all that hard. Because of sky, our ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean. I understand why people are boycotting, but by continuing to pay twice what you'd pay for a season ticket for 12 months of Sky, your money is going to the same place.

Also, if it wasn't for the exposure and money TV deals have brought about, we'd never have heard of Venky's.

If I lived up there I would go to every match. But I live down here and do not intend moving. .

You are asking for commitment for fans yet you are so committed you moved away. You deserve all the derision that gets heaped on you.

I rarely buy from the concourse anyway... but have renewed my ST and will get the new home shirt...

Doesn't mean I am happy with what's going on though... for me it's more than just the match itself - meeting up, having a beer, banter in the stand etc

a real fan would travel up every week. Even Venky's make it to Ewood more than you.

I do not think so. I come north when I am able. Also go to away matches, especially those in London. Cost and.time prevent me doing more.

There are more important things in life than football. My current work is.

You are asking for commitment for fans yet you are so committed you moved away. You deserve all the derision that gets heaped on you.

I moved away to join the army. After my service, got married in the south, work and not moved back up. Now I wouldn't do so.

Now go and troll somewhere else.

It's fairly simple, those that don't go anyway and/ or live miles away have no right to tell long standing matchgoers what they should and shouldnt do.

I am not telling people what they should do. I said what I would do if I lived north. But I wonder about those who give up supporting their club because the club is doing badly. It is still their choice.

Archived