BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BOYCOTT OF ALL MERCHANDISE AND FOOD AT EWOOD

It's fairly simple, those that don't go anyway and/ or live miles away have no right to tell long standing matchgoers what they should and shouldnt do.

Which would imply that those who do SHOULD tell long-standing matchgoers what to do?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not telling people what they should do. I said what I would do if I lived north. But I wonder about those who give up supporting their club because the club is doing badly. It is still their choice.

It's not becuase the 'club is doing badly', is it? This is different and you know it is.

Which would imply that those who do SHOULD tell long-standing matchgoers what to do?

I know people, including my own family who have been in tears over the decision they've had to make. It is a situation like no other in our 135 years, I for one won't be judging people either way and I'm a Blackburner, those from further afield should do likewise.

Those wanting a mass boycott will get their way in any case, as we will sell a third of the ST's we sold last year.

Boycotting the games won't really hit Venky's in the pocket all that hard. Because of sky, our ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean. I understand why people are boycotting, but by continuing to pay twice what you'd pay for a season ticket for 12 months of Sky, your money is going to the same place.

Also, if it wasn't for the exposure and money TV deals have brought about, we'd never have heard of Venky's.

Sky income in the Championship is peanuts compared to the Premier Laegue. So matchday income will be important. As for Venkys and Kean they will soon become nobodies. How many people know who the mananger of Barnsley, Burnley etc is. Kean's deluded mutterings will only be heard by locals from next season.

I am not telling people what they should do. I said what I would do if I lived north. But I wonder about those who give up supporting their club because the club is doing badly. It is still their choice.

Once again you are missing the point. I don't know anybody who is walking away from the club because they are doing badly. I know a number of people who are walking away because of the idiots in India and the dummy in the dug-out. Once the Indians have scuttled back to India and Kean is out then they will return.

Although I've renewed my season ticket I would not complain about anybody who has opted not to do so because of the owners and manager.

As for boycotting merchandise, I would have thought buying food and drink from the shops and pubs around Ewood would actually boost the local economy. Far better than putting it in the pockets of the Indians who have destroyed the club.

Anyone boycotting the kiosks are harming innocent local businesses, not Rovers. They are run by an outside company who pay Rovers to run those concessions.

Boycott the club shop if you like, and blues bar, as these are run by the club.

Does the club make the pies etc. Of course not. Why damage somebody elses job / business? Things in the shop are made by others - not the club. Do you think Blues bar will be empty on any match day. So you buy a season ticket, yet not a pint.

You only attend occasionally so shut up.

• Backroom

What next? stand in the toilets all game flushing the bogs to increase their water bill?

By jove, he's got it!!! It's so stupid and petty that I might just do that tomorrow night......

Why is that stupid. Do you only support the club in good times?

Do you only attend when it's 2 for a tenner ?

You are asking for commitment for fans yet you are so committed you moved away. You deserve all the derision that gets heaped on you.

Bloody hell I agree with jimbo

What next? stand in the toilets all game flushing the bogs to increase their water bill?

I hadn't thought of thAt but by Christ I'm gonna abuse the big

Bog even

Once again you are missing the point. I don't know anybody who is walking away from the club because they are doing badly. I know a number of people who are walking away because of the idiots in India and the dummy in the dug-out. Once the Indians have scuttled back to India and Kean is out then they will return.

Although I've renewed my season ticket I would not complain about anybody who has opted not to do so because of the owners and manager.

As for boycotting merchandise, I would have thought buying food and drink from the shops and pubs around Ewood would actually boost the local economy. Far better than putting it in the pockets of the Indians who have destroyed the club.

Of course people have a choice. As mattyblue says the situation is different. But how many have chanted Rovers till I die.

But the way some are posting on here is as though it is wrong to support your club through thick and thin. One day the owners will go and Kean along with them. The club, as well as its supporters are bigger than them. It must be a wrench for supporters to not want to attend anymore. But why let this lot dictate your support for the club.

I doubt Venkys get anything from stuff sold in the concourse. I will be surprised if they got much from the blues bar. The shop maybe - not enough to make much of a difference. Which is what this thread is about, boycotting merchandise and food at ewood.

Other people brought up the subject of season tickets etc

I moved away to join the army. After my service, got married in the south, work and not moved back up. Now I wouldn't do so.

So you demand loyalty of others yet show no loyalty yourself. Double standards.

And a former soldier who doesn't have the stomach for a fight (against the owners). It's known in the army as a yellow belly.

What it costs me to attend just one match at ewood, you would be able to attend about 6 matches. So wind your neck in.

Many of the folk you seem intent on having a go at spend a small fortune travelling to all the away matches. We choose the follow the team around the country but even so, I wouldn't dream of having a go at those who don't. I assume you've bought a season ticket even if you don't go to the matches as this is a way of supporting the club.

Well said, Parson. The voice of reason as usual. :rover:

Archived