BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why do the media hate rovers fans and love kean?

even gally reckons 50% are in keans camp...unchuffingreal

It's unbelievable, abbey! Gallacher spouts almost as much shyte as Kean!

But how the hell has it got to these depths, where ex- Rovers players are constantly bad mouthing, Rovers fans! :angry2::(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The protests got too personal. Simple. Even I felt sorry for Kean during the Bolton home match. It took the spurs game to finally get the media on side.

I'm still mystified by this.In what way did it get personal? :blink:

Please explain.

Unless you take an active interest in BRFC the true extent of Kean's wicked ways and his complete incompetence are not known. We rarely get put on TV. When we do and we play shocking its just 'one of those days'. Nobody 'Down South' ever takes a close look at our season as a whole and recognises the one constant has been Kean's inability to manage a football team.

With Villa its ok for the supporters to complain because McLeish used to manage Birmingham and maybe 'it just wasn't meant to be'. Bruce was booed for weeks at Sunderland but that was ok because he's a Geordie, and they're really passionate people in the North East (hint of sarcasm). Wenger was booed, but that's ok because Arsenal haven't won a trophy for however long.

It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach that clueless journalists go on Sky TV and dare to demonise people like me. I work hard to go and watch Rovers every week. I know and care more about this club than any journalist ever will. What gives them the right to tell the nation that I am wrong for complaining about a criminal liar leading my club into the abyss?

It makes me even more sick to see people like Shearer, Hendry, Gallagher etc. getting exposure on TV and not using that opportunity to drive home a message to the nation about what's going on and how concerned they are. These people should care more for the club. If they are not prepared to criticise Kean in public then better off not commenting at all instead of defending the liar.

I'll never forget the way the media have dealt with this. I'll never forget how supposed 'legends' at the club have failed to act in its best interests and have even actively defended Kean, taking the easy option of criticising Venky's without looking at the bigger picture. The Lancashire Telegraph should also be ashamed of themselves. They have lost my custom forever. Has Andy Cryer ever directly challenged Kean on his links to JA and the signings of Myles and Bruno? NO. Has the Telegraph ever called for Venky's to sell? NO. Again they have taken the easy option of printing the usual trash from past and present players saying 'we believe' blah blah blah. It took months of poor results until the Telegraph until they eventually called for Kean to walk. Since then it has been a gradual attempt at improving relations with him again. In my view the Telegraph should starve Kean of what he craves - media attention. This is his big moment and he loves it. The Telegraph should spare us the pain of reading his inane ramblings and simply don't print anything he says.

Who knows. More support and pressure from the media on those with the power and something might have been done. The Premier League may have been forced by public opinion into launching an enquiry. Venky's themselves may have felt more pressure than they have to date if the British media were probing into their activities. As it goes none of this has happened. We've been hung out to dry and I for one will never forget that. Colin Hendry has destroyed everything he did for the club as a player in one go with what he has said today about Kean.

Unless you take an active interest in BRFC the true extent of Kean's wicked ways and his complete incompetence are not known. We rarely get put on TV. When we do and we play shocking its just 'one of those days'. Nobody 'Down South' ever takes a close look at our season as a whole and recognises the one constant has been Kean's inability to manage a football team.

With Villa its ok for the supporters to complain because McLeish used to manage Birmingham and maybe 'it just wasn't meant to be'. Bruce was booed for weeks at Sunderland but that was ok because he's a Geordie, and they're really passionate people in the North East (hint of sarcasm). Wenger was booed, but that's ok because Arsenal haven't won a trophy for however long.

It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach that clueless journalists go on Sky TV and dare to demonise people like me. I work hard to go and watch Rovers every week. I know and care more about this club than any journalist ever will. What gives them the right to tell the nation that I am wrong for complaining about a criminal liar leading my club into the abyss?

It makes me even more sick to see people like Shearer, Hendry, Gallagher etc. getting exposure on TV and not using that opportunity to drive home a message to the nation about what's going on and how concerned they are. These people should care more for the club. If they are not prepared to criticise Kean in public then better off not commenting at all instead of defending the liar.

I'll never forget the way the media have dealt with this. I'll never forget how supposed 'legends' at the club have failed to act in its best interests and have even actively defended Kean, taking the easy option of criticising Venky's without looking at the bigger picture. The Lancashire Telegraph should also be ashamed of themselves. They have lost my custom forever. Has Andy Cryer ever directly challenged Kean on his links to JA and the signings of Myles and Bruno? NO. Has the Telegraph ever called for Venky's to sell? NO. Again they have taken the easy option of printing the usual trash from past and present players saying 'we believe' blah blah blah. It took months of poor results until the Telegraph until they eventually called for Kean to walk. Since then it has been a gradual attempt at improving relations with him again. In my view the Telegraph should starve Kean of what he craves - media attention. This is his big moment and he loves it. The Telegraph should spare us the pain of reading his inane ramblings and simply don't print anything he says.

Who knows. More support and pressure from the media on those with the power and something might have been done. The Premier League may have been forced by public opinion into launching an enquiry. Venky's themselves may have felt more pressure than they have to date if the British media were probing into their activities. As it goes none of this has happened. We've been hung out to dry and I for one will never forget that. Colin Hendry has destroyed everything he did for the club as a player in one go with what he has said today about Kean.

Well said, I agree with everything you have said and far more eloquently than I could have put it.

The protests got too personal. Simple. Even I felt sorry for Kean during the Bolton home match. It took the spurs game to finally get the media on side.

Nonsense. If he can't handle some chants of 'Kean Out' and an aeroplane flyover he didn't see anyway, then he's in the wrong job. But we knew that.

I'm still mystified by this.In what way did it get personal? :blink:

Please explain.

The protests seemed to be all about Kean. As a Rovers fan I can understand why, but to the outsider, to see fans hurling abuse at one individual for a whole game (Bolton at home), it looked terrible. If the protests had perhaps been aimed towards Venkys as a whole rather than just Kean, I think we would have got more sympathy. Perception was everything and the media didn't need much of an invitation to side with Kean under that abuse.

Sadly, any other manager would have walked or been forced to leave before any protests got that bad. I can't remember a more unpopular manager remaining in a job at any other club. Im fairly sure every fanbase is capable of reacting in the same way as ours, its just that usually the manager in question is fired before it gets that bad.

It's unbelievable, abbey! Gallacher spouts almost as much shyte as Kean!

But how the hell has it got to these depths, where ex- Rovers players are constantly bad mouthing, Rovers fans! :angry2::(

and even the mighty Colin Hendry said that something similar...=(

The media haven't given us any credit for years, that much is obvious. The stigma from Hughes' robust tactics when we were in the mire stuck even after we stopped being a rough team despite us playing some lovely one touch football for the remainder of his era. Add to that the difference in perception where teams like Stoke are praised for being gritty whereas we are lambasted as being dirty.

But as for this situation, if you go buy the comments on here Kean isn't a poor manager but a baby eating monster. The media might not see that but they see the scenes were we boo our manager after scoring a goal. A few little instances like this combined with the protests and the media will cook a story. I'm not happy with the story and whilst I disagree with the protests they haven't been out of order. I am unhappy with the demonstration of Kean though. He isn't very good but doesn't deserve the stick he gets here.

Some of our fans are developing a bit of a complex. If ex players queue up to say Kean is an ok bloke they search for the conspiracy rather than the obvious answer. I can't understand that.

Most of the national football writers are from the south and / or are supporters of so-called "big" clubs and they hated a small inconsequential "northern" club suddenly becoming rich and successful in the 1990s. With our relatively small support we also don't sell newspapers. The Sky / BBC antipathy is largely for the same reason.

Anyone remember Gary Lineker's shameful remark on "They Think It's All Over" when we relegated in the late 1990s ?

"Shame Blackburn went down," he said.

Every time I watch MotD (which isn't often as I only watch when we win) I am reminded of that comment.

Yep.

Q. Why do the media hate rovers fans and love kean?

A. Because IMO you make it so easy for them to do so.

Kean talks after the games (truth or lies is irrelevant).

Protesters march, shout and boo.

Kean High fives his players after a good match.

Protesters Boo.

Kean talks to his players before the match and tries to encourage them.

Owner show-up to support their team (Yes, THEIR team).

Protesters shout and boo.

Can you honestly not see a pattern here? Can you really not see why you've made it so easy for the press to take a dislike to you? When the press didn't come to your aid during the protesting at the start of the season, did you think that they would change their minds if you kept going? Seriously?

Malk - Reason is a rare commodity on this board. You have to be either angry, unreasonable and paranoid, or you're not considered a genuine fan.

Can you honestly not see a pattern here? Can you really not see why you've made it so easy for the press to take a dislike to you?

Rovers fans can see a pattern too - owners who have made a series of bad decisions and a manager who is out of his depth. The result of all this is tonight's relegation. Supporters were entitled to boo because they could say their club being systematically destroyed. If you were a reall football fan you would know this.

MG Road, just STFU. Do you think tonight's the night to rub it in? Just get out will you, and tell your bosses to f*** off.

Case in point. Thanks.

Just went onto talksport to get our point of view across. The presenters are now referring to some of the things I said as facts. Just shows how the whole media circus works.

Protesters Boo.

Can you honestly not see a pattern here? Can you really not see why you've made it so easy for the press to take a dislike to you? When the press didn't come to your aid during the protesting at the start of the season, did you think that they would change their minds if you kept going? Seriously?

Malk - Reason is a rare commodity on this board. You have to be either angry, unreasonable and paranoid, or you're not considered a genuine fan.

Oh (Please don't use that word again) off you twit.

Case in point. Thanks.

No problem!

What would you expect the fans to do? Sit tight and cheer the incompetent fools on? Should the fans have brought small gifts as a token of appreciation when the Raos went to the Wigan match? Supported the signing of Jerome Anderson's son? Cheered when Kean got a new contract whilst steering us to our worst league start ever? We did fine until you lot came along and ruined everything. This whole setup is rotten to the core.

Case in point. Thanks.

Wow man, you're seriously buzzing about this aren't you? Not to mention the obvious job losses around the ewood/academy area...many families perhaps going into severe difficulties cos there's no jobs, and you are getting a gay kick out of it......

You must be a sad person. I feel sorry for you pal.

Protesters Boo.

Genuine fanffs!!! Crawl back under your chickens arse and don't you dare for one minute blame the fans !!! It's all down to the scum in India !! Your not welcome !!!!!!

Archived