BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why do the media hate rovers fans and love kean?

Q. Why do the media hate rovers fans and love kean?

A. Because IMO you make it so easy for them to do so.

Kean talks after the games (truth or lies is irrelevant).

Protesters march, shout and boo.

Kean High fives his players after a good match.

Protesters Boo.

Kean talks to his players before the match and tries to encourage them.

Owner show-up to support their team (Yes, THEIR team).

Protesters shout and boo.

Can you honestly not see a pattern here? Can you really not see why you've made it so easy for the press to take a dislike to you? When the press didn't come to your aid during the protesting at the start of the season, did you think that they would change their minds if you kept going? Seriously?

Malk - Reason is a rare commodity on this board. You have to be either angry, unreasonable and paranoid, or you're not considered a genuine fan.

Yeah and I'm sure the media would be full of sympathy if the Rovers fans were cheering mr Steve on after the great season we've had.

GET REAL. Kean and Venkys have deserved everything that's been thrown at them.

Should be banned from this MB for that post, and the timing of it, IMO

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You fail to see one very obvious point M.G.Road - if you constantly lie those around you will stop listening and want you gone. The fans are to blame, are to hostile etc.....yeah sure...but what if:

1. Kean(Venky's had not promised "marquee" signings,CL in 3-4 years time, NO chance of relegation etc but rather come out before the season started (preferably before the transferwindows opened) and just been honest? Or at least tried to play down expectations? You know....like that guy they let go last winter - mr. Williams?

2. When it became clear early in the season that we were off to a bumpy ride the owners had made a statement to the fans? Like everyone was asking for? Nah....let's rather give a new contract to the guy who's delivered the worse start to a season in decades and top it off by trying to keep it silent.

3. They actually came to Ewood and showed some real emotion - both winning and losing? You know....like most other owners in the PL?

....and I could probably go on for hours!

After tonight there is no way back unless Venkys do a complete turn-around, fire Kean, hire decent staff, hire decent new manager and pump some much needed £££ into the squad AND start taking an up-and-close interest in the club.....and I'm not even sure that would be enough. Why? Because when someone has lied to you repeatedly, and obviously with intent to do so I might add, it's very very hard for them to get back on your good side. Ask anyone who's dealt with people with serious addictions - be it drugs, alcohol or gambling - it takes years to win back the trust of those closest to you.

So....my point: This is just normal human behaviour - and NOT something specific to fans of Blackburn Rovers. All of this could've been avoided - even relegation - if the Venkys only had acted sensibly throughout the seaon.

This (false) percetion is already changing. You obvoiusly know nothing of English football.

Is that all we do?

Protesters Boo.

He was sussed out to be the imposter that he is a long time ago.

We have supported the team all season.

Strange that, can't imagine why that's happened....

Can you honestly not see a pattern here? Can you really not see why you've made it so easy for the press to take a dislike to you? When the press didn't come to your aid during the protesting at the start of the season, did you think that they would change their minds if you kept going? Seriously?

Yes the pattern is very heartbreakingly clear.

Malk - Reason is a rare commodity on this board. You have to be either angry, unreasonable and paranoid, or you're not considered a genuine fan.

I have not booed the team (or Kean) all season. The vast majority of Rovers fans are calm, sensible people.

As you saw tonight we have had enough. I suggest you make a tactical withdrawel from this thread, your timing is awful,

from a reasonable, genuine fan

Protesters Boo.

your whole post is complete and utter bullsh.it! I could rip it apart, but wont give you that satisfaction! Youre a sinister individual with connections to venkys and kean.

one point i will reply to is; Owner show-up to support their team (Yes, THEIR team).

THE RAOS MAY HAVE BOUGHT THE CLUB, BUT IT ISNT THEIRS!

ROVERS IS MY TEAM AND THE FANS TEAM- AND WILL ALWAYS BE LONG AFTER THE **** HAVE GONE!

I don't think the English media hate the Rovers. As an outsider looking in, I think most of them are down south and are ignorant. The so-called professionals (players, agents, managers, journalists) are a fairly small clique mostly located in and around London, all things considered. They get their talking points from those they know in the trade (JA/Kentaro/SEM) or from the manager or from media plants (didn't Kean's assistant's son do a pro-Kean story at one point?). Add the systematic silencing of potentially dissenting voices (Williams, Sam, etc.), then the narrative becomes fairly uniform (the likes of Henry Winter aside).

Per the current media narrative, Rovers fans are lunatics. The reality is a bit different. From Savages' article on another thread:

"The fans have been upset with the board and the manager but have stuck by the players and I hope the players don't forget that. I have not heard the supporters have a go at the players all season."

I think the media perception will change once Savage's correct observation begins to sink in. No amount of spin will hide abject failure. To quote Abraham Lincoln "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

The truth, whatever it may be, will come out. My personal suspicion is that neither Kean nor Venkys will be considered honorable or dignified after it does; something stinks.

Being actual football fans, who know the game, we know when someone is clearly lieing and it is relevant. bend the truth yes, talk drivel? No.

Protesters Boo.

No real argument to that.

You might be interested to learn Kean doesn't speak to half his players when they're training. Suppose it depends if you're flavour of the month.

I've had intense bouts of diarrhoea that have shown more support to OUR football club.

The "pattern" has always been relatively simple to grasp. The clubs a tight nit community of all ages, creeds, religion and the like. The people at the helm have always had Blackburn in their best interests and more importantly, in their hearts. 18 months ago when your employers took over we were 13th in the premier league with a proven manager and board room in the footballing circle. Tonight we've been relegated

That is why Blackburn fans have displayed their anger. Can you honestly say I haven't given valid reasons for the fans to show why they're disgruntled?

Mike Graham on TalkSport has just announced his show for tonight. "BLACKBURN ROVERS FANS ARE A DISGRACE AND I'M GLAD THEY'VE BEEN RELEGATED". He went onto say Blackburn should be playing behind closed doors.

There's a reason why he's on at 1am in the morning. He talks ###### and nobody wants to listen to him.

I'm off to bed and hope to wake up with a bit of good news in the morning that Rovers are looking for a new manager. I doubt it but I can dream....

IMO, the tide turned dramatically with the media after the Swansea game when the crowd booed Yakubu celebrating with Kean. At the time, the media were coming on to the fans side a bit more and Kean got a lot of stick post Cardiff for his "forfeit" comments. But it's one thing to boo the team at half time or protest during the game and quite another to do it after a goal in a game the team went on to win.

I don't think this was ever avoidable as the reaction was quite spontaneous and a lot louder than much of the protests at the time. I was even quite amused by it watching the game but the fallout the next day was both dramatic and obvious. It turned a complex issue, the nature of the protests and the why's and when they should be happening into a simple one. Most people will tell you booing your own team after scoring a goal probably shouldn't be happening, regardless of the context. Easily digestible issues are much more consumable from a mass media perspective so it was easy for any pundit going to ignore the underlying causes and wax lyrical about it for a few lines.

Most of the Steve Kean "sympathy" can be traced back to that but it's been augmented by the (thankfully very rare) occasions where it has got OTT.Again, Venky's leaving him largely out to dry this entire time.

The protest effort never really recovered from that until probably around the time that BRSIT came into being and took the story in a new direction. The only way it could, again IMO, would be to immediately have made the proposition Venky's Out only but that's a hard ask when they had gone completely dark and he's the only visible embodiment of their regime to most fans.

Most other fans I speak to hold a similar view and you've a hard time convincing them otherwise until you ask them if they would want him at your club or how likely it'll be he'll get another job in football. You follow up the negative response to those questions with suggesting he'll be in charge next season come what may but until other fans and the media actually see that start to become a reality and actually begin to ask why *themselves* the attitude isn't going to change. It only took two victories against teams on horrendous runs to get a couple of tits in national newspapers to start suggesting manager of the year type awards after all :(

MG Road, take this back to your bosses.

"YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET, WE ARE JUST GETTING WARMED UP"

One thing is certain, The supporters will be here long after Venkys and Kean have gone, and I quite like the FACT they dare not darken the Ewood doors again

Mike Graham on TalkSport has just announced his show for tonight. "BLACKBURN ROVERS FANS ARE A DISGRACE AND I'M GLAD THEY'VE BEEN RELEGATED". He went onto say Blackburn should be playing behind closed doors.

There's a reason why he's on at 1am in the morning. He talks ###### and nobody wants to listen to him.

I'm off to bed and hope to wake up with a bit of good news in the morning that Rovers are looking for a new manager. I doubt it but I can dream....

I never listen to Talksport these days. Mike Graham isnt a football fan, if i remember.

Was reading that Talksport is now 24hr sport but they kept some of the late night presenters, who arent sport lovers.

I'm loving it, nice little Rovers fans finally snapped back. About time we got nasty. If we dont do anything these VenKean idiots will stay for longer.

MG Road, take this back to your bosses.

"YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET, WE ARE JUST GETTING WARMED UP"

One thing is certain, The supporters will be here long after Venkys and Kean have gone, and I quite like the FACT they dare not darken the Ewood doors again

Despite people calling you it was a pleasure to see you stayed behind Glen in the BBE with the 70 or so of us before we were told to move on. Out of a crowd of 20 odd thousand it was good to see you standing by your morals, it's just a shame not more thought our displeasure was worth shouting about.

This is where you (and they) have got it completely and utterly wrong.

When Jack Walker owned the club he always referred to it as our club. It was never me it was we. He knew that because he himself had been a fan since he was a boy and before buying the club he still regarded it as his club.

Blackburn Rovers will NEVER be Venky's team. The fans have been here a lot longer than them and will be here a lot longer after they have gone.

And that is where your employers fail and will never be supported by the fans because they fail to understand the most rudimentary facts of running a football club.

You can buy a football club, but you will never own it like the fans do unless like Jack you are a fan yourself.

The club cannot run without fans, the club can run without owners because true fans will always support it.

The fans would never "shout and boo" someone or a group of people who they believed had the best interests of the club. In 1999 when Blackburn Rovers were relegated, Jack Walker took to the pitch, said sorry, and then said he would do everything in his power to get the club back into the Premier League. The fans applauded him. Compare that with this evenings shambles and hopefully you can see the mistakes that Venkys are making and not the fans.

For your information after all the years of having their best players sold, a relegation and having poor managers, the fans have never felt the need to protest before. Ask yourself why.

Oh and whatever mistakes you think the Rovers fans may have made since Venky's took over, it's not even in the same league (pardon the phrase) of how many mistakes Venky's and their underlings have made in only 18 months.

Listening to talksport, apparently relegation is the fans fault for "abusing kean all season" and "throwing a chicken on the pitch"... the indignant tone is ridiculous. Alan brazil said he didn't even watch the game 'I was in bed to be honest'.

oh right, NOTHING to do with Kean inability as manager!!!

Alan Brazil is just another clueless Scot! Mostly talk just Crap anyway.

At least Ray Parlour seems to be sticking us for us [the fans that is] although he also feel 'sorry for Kean' of course. A bloke just rang up saying how bad the fans are for booing Kean 'all season'; Parlour suggested maybe Rovers fans were angry after Allardyce was a sacked a bigger name wasn't brought in and the caller replied saying how Rovers are "only" a small mid-table team and had no right to expect a bigger name.....

...and this is what is annoying me, Steve Kean was not Chris Houghton! Kean was not Allardyce's 'number 2' as the media keep claiming, and hadn't served for years in the shadows waiting for his chance. He was a coach who's biggest worry was whether he'd put the cones out in the right place or not, thrust into the hotseat because he was the cheapest option.

I never listen to Talksport these days. Mike Graham isnt a football fan, if i remember.

Was reading that Talksport is now 24hr sport but they kept some of the late night presenters, who arent sport lovers.

I was listening to Radio5 on way home, and Robbie Savage stuck up for rovers fans, and admitted Kean was a failure, and Bradley Orr was wrong.

Robbie Savage is a legend, always come across as a Rovers fan when asked to speak on our behalf (unlike a certain Mr Shearer) and I'm glad Robbie's likeability factor amongst the rest of the footballing world has gone up since.

Savage has flip-flopped more than a Magikarp. It was only a few months ago he said that Kean should stay put regardless of what happens.

Listening to talksport, apparently relegation is the fans fault for "abusing kean all season" and "throwing a chicken on the pitch"... the indignant tone is ridiculous. Alan brazil said he didn't even watch the game 'I was in bed to be honest'.

Brazil is a ###### of the highest order.

Another bald, jock ######-head, all traits of another individual in charge of our football team.

Forty Years On

The car doors slam, muffled by the heavy rain, and the man and his son walk together to the wall of the silent shuttered shops, searching for a moment before they see, high upon the wall, the small , tattered plaque.

'There it is, son', the man says, pointing.

Together they read the words on the scratched and defaced brass,

'On this spot, stood the well known statue of local benefactor Jack Walker – “Uncle Jack”, to a generation of fans who supported Blackburn Rovers F.C., and whose stadium once occupied the area of Ewood Mall. The statue was stolen, presumably for scrap value, during the demolition of the ground in 2019. This plaque was placed in his memory by the loyal old comrades of B.R.F.C.'.

'It seems funny, you know, Dad', says the boy, 'I can't imagine a football stadium here, its just a dump, and half of these shops look derelict.'.

'I told you so, didn't I?.', replies his father, shaking his head, 'Your grandad used to bring me here, when I was a kid- it was magic......,well for a while it was magic, then a lot of stuff happened, I didn't understand it at the time and grandad wouldn't talk about it anymore – it made him too sad.'.

They stand for a few minutes, and a sound like the far off cheering of a joyous crowd seems to float on the rain filled air, vanishing faintly into a zephyr of silence.

'Can we go now, Dad, I'm soaked', shivers the boy.

'Yeah, 'course we can Son,' and they turn for the car, 'I promised your Grandad I'd bring you. When he was dying he reckoned that soon no-one would remember his team, so I said I'd take a detour and show you the old place.'.

They get in and Dad presses the E-button and checks the charge light.

'We will get to Old Trafford before kick off won't we Dad?', asks the boy.

'Don't worry, ', smiles Dad, 'there's plenty of time'.

Archived