BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Prev - VENKY'S OUT

• Backroom

Now that it doesn't matter (and this still isn't easy, mind), I wish our team nothing but a total f***ing thrashing vs Chelski. Expose Kean for what he is RDM. Do us all a favour!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guardian article.

He also defended the 13 players he has recruited since replacing Sam Allardyce in December 2010. "I could go through the whole lot of them," Kean said. "But if you look at [Radosav] Petrovic it has taken him along time to adapt but I think he will prove a very good player for us. And I could through most of the players and ay the same. Some of the players have not worked out. Bruno Ribeiro hasn't managed to get to the pace of the league at all and that is disappointing."

Total balls all of it. In 18 months only two signings could be classed as 'good' - Yakubu, Jermaine Jones - and two 'decent' in that they have actually got some playing time and not been abject - Orr and Formica. Dann is the only other player who has actually got some games and he has been awful.

The rest of the signings we could not have made and it would have made little difference to our squad as they have almost never played. Rochina, Vukcevic, Petrovic, Goodwillie - 10m of signings with virtually no impact apart from a couple of goals from Pingu.

If Hoilett, Olsson, Hanley and Lowe were not coming through I dread to think how poor our season could have been.

Couldn't give a rats arse about the Chelsea game, a heavy mauling to further clarify Slimer's incompetence would be the most preferable outcome.

Won't be watching, or listening, the only thing I'm interested in on Sunday is hoping the Plastic Mancs will be joining us in the Championship.

Chelsea 10-0 Rovers, and how I can imagine the post-match interview going:

Interviewer- "So Steve what did you think of the game, surely a very poor way to end the season?"

Kean- "No I don't agree. I thought we played really well for 2 minutes, we entered Chelsea’s half five times and we deserved to win the game".

Interviewer- "But Steve, you didn't have a single attempt on goal!"

Kean- "We showed plenty of attacking intent during the game; we were just unlucky that there wasn't enough dew on the pitch".

Interviewer- "This was your final game of the season, a season which has seen Blackburn Rovers relegated. Do you consider the season a success and do you intend to remain the manager for next season?"

Kean- "Well points aren't really a good measure of success; I consider success to be if you can increase the value of your squad. Since I have come in the squad has increased in value and that's a clear indicator of the good job I have done. On the subject of my future, of course I will be staying, I am here long-term as are the owners and sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards".

Interviewer- "What do you have to say to fans about the disappointing season? Would you like to take the opportunity to apologise to the fans? Do you remember that in November you guaranteed that Rovers would not be relegated?"

Kean- "Like I said earlier you sometimes have to take a step backwards to go forwards. I feel myself and Venky's are the right people to get Rovers to bounce back to the Premier League and get into the Champions League in two seasons. On the issue of apologies, no I don't think I need to. When I stroll through Brockhall with my guitar and my imaginary dog Sally, people come up to me and tell me I have done a great job and that they back me 100%. I also get 3000 letters a week from fans telling me how good a job I am doing, so there is no need to apologise as the vast majority support me and only 1% don't."

Interviewer- "Thankyou for your time Steve".

If by some miracle Venky's managed to keep some of the key players and invested abit of money into the squad next season, aswel has hiring a chairman and getting in a decent manager like souness would you give them another chance?

If by some miracle Venky's managed to keep some of the key players and invested abit of money into the squad next season, aswel has hiring a chairman and getting in a decent manager like souness would you give them another chance?

I don't mean to be rude but isn't the most ridiculous question?

Of course the answer would be yes. You might as well throw in Jose Mourinho & Messi, because that scenario's just as likely to happen under these clowns. The fact of the matter is that it WON'T. They have shown absolutely no intention whatsoever of doing what's best for the club and its fanbase.

I think if they where to do this then some would give them another chance . However after the last couple of days, I would say the numbers who would are much, much smaller. Not that I think they would take those steps anyway.

Guest Rovers4Good

I say they have gone past the point of no return unless they pump millions into the club which is highly unlikely due to the fact they wouldn't do it when we were in the prem.

Also, having only Kean and Venky's to listen to now then it's just going to get worse before it gets better. :(

IF IF IF Venky's were to sack Kean on Sunday, make a statement to the fans making an unreserved apology where they asked for forgiveness for all they have done, leaving Kean in charge for so long, getting rid of the likes of Allardyce, Williams and Hunt, and made guarantees (for what those are worth when it comes to Venky's) to meet the fans IN BLACKBURN and look to meet with people like Simon Garner and Tony Parkes for advice on the future and put substantial funds into the club next season to ensure that we have a good chance of gaining promotion (and at least not get relegated again), then MAYBE I would think about giving them another chance.

But this is all hypothetical in the extreme as it will never happen and so they can burn in hell for all I care.

As for the game on Sunday I see that Robinson and Dunn, are two most senior players are 'struggling' according to Kean. What odds that they have told him a few home truths over the last few days and have played their last games?

The pressure should be kept on Venkys to act. To a certain degree MG Road was correct in a recent posting whereby he too alluded as much.

Heat needs to kept on them with the pot remaining on simmer.

With the season shortly ending and BRFC heading off to the Championship wilderness, there will be less and less attention outside of East Lancashire.

The national and international spotlight will quickly disappear and hence imaginative ideas should be sought to continue media attention throughout the summer.

Not just anger too, as we might be cast as the abusive Rovers fans always complaining, the footy fraternity does include a great deal of humour and looks to seek it out.

Light hearted action against them, were we are seen as ridiculing Venkys and Kean.

Say for example (and it must be made explicitly clear that this is not serious, merely humourous) BRFC supporters as a group declare war on Venkys. A list of preconditions requiring action with specific dates set which then might feature a countdown, plus using infamous war speeches e.g Chamberlain's infamous piece of paper speech, loads by Churchill.

Just an idea, seeking to use humour as an alternative to angst, that might be seen to be tiresome nationally?

IF IF IF Venky's were to sack Kean on Sunday, make a statement to the fans making an unreserved apology where they asked for forgiveness for all they have done, leaving Kean in charge for so long, getting rid of the likes of Allardyce, Williams and Hunt, and made guarantees (for what those are worth when it comes to Venky's) to meet the fans IN BLACKBURN and look to meet with people like Simon Garner and Tony Parkes for advice on the future and put substantial funds into the club next season to ensure that we have a good chance of gaining promotion (and at least not get relegated again), then MAYBE I would think about giving them another chance.

But this is all hypothetical in the extreme as it will never happen and so they can burn in hell for all I care.

As for the game on Sunday I see that Robinson and Dunn, are two most senior players are 'struggling' according to Kean. What odds that they have told him a few home truths over the last few days and have played their last games?

ITS GONE TO FAR ROY....THE CHICKEN HAS BOLTED...I WOULD NOT TRUST THESE SLIMY TURDS TO BOIL AN EGG.

1336597284[/url]' post='1260290']

Chelski - Rovers 10-0

Headlines:

I forfeit the game due to lack of interest from players. But we are heading in the right direction and are really looking forward to next season!

The Venky's are exposed in swedish media:

http://bloggar.afton...ko-i-blackburn/

Good read!

ITS GONE TO FAR ROY....THE CHICKEN HAS BOLTED...I WOULD NOT TRUST THESE SLIMY TURDS TO BOIL AN EGG.

You're right. If all that were to happen I still couldn't trust them.

Good read!

Any chance of a translation Daniel?

1336656562[/url]' post='1260946']

You're right. If all that were to happen I still couldn't trust them.

Any chance of a translation Daniel?

I can work on that tonight. It is a pretty good piece that collects all the recent media coverage and uses it to tell the story of Venkys ownership of Rovers from the beginning up to now. The difference is that it actually goes into detail about the close connection SEM, Kentaro, and Jerome Anderson have had with Venkys, Kean, transfer activity, operational decisions, etc. and implicates them in a very direct way. Something the British press hasn't picked up on or dared to do yet.

I can work on that tonight. It is a pretty good piece that collects all the recent media coverage and uses it to tell the story of Venkys ownership of Rovers from the beginning up to now. The difference is that it actually goes into detail about the close connection SEM, Kentaro, and Jerome Anderson have had with Venkys, Kean, transfer activity, operational decisions, etc. and implicates them in a very direct way. Something the British press hasn't picked up on or dared to do yet.

Good old foreign law, they can say what they want!

Use Google translate, wasn't perfect for me but made it readable. Pretty damning, just wish the press here would write something equally ballsy.

It's bloody obvious who is running the show and has been from the beginning. Thats why Kean is untouchable, and why legal action has allegedly been threatened on anyone or any publication which dares to broach the subject.

At least this is how Joe Morrison ‏ @joefooty (twitter)sees it. He is TenSports and TenAction TV Anchor for Live Football to the Middle East, Indian subcontinent and Asia, DUBAI.

Blackburn fans must accept SEM and Jerome Anderson are really running your club - that is where the true problem lies!

I managed to get about 15 minutes on the Football show today on Sirius XM at 7.35 with Neil Barnett the Chelsea press officer and the other host Charlie Stillitano. They were very supportive of our plight and gave me plenty of time to outline all of the grievances we have, including owner, manager,agents etc. Neil was at the youth cup the other night when the we beat Chelsea 1-0 and he said that Dunny was supporting the team and having photos with the fans for thirty minutes. Barnett was very impressed. He also remembered when prompted that Rovers were the Chelsea bogey team for many years.

It is a good show for Rovers fans in the US and beyond to continue to debate our sorry state. It is also repeated throughout the day so you may catch it if you get sirius.

Full Text of th article - Google translated and then hastily cleaned up for tense and literal transkation issues:

When they arrived, they talked about reaching the Champions League. On Monday, after 0-1 at home against Wigan, the fiasco was complete. Blackburn has fallen out of the Premier League after eleven years in the top division. Never before has there been a change in ownership that has failed in such a scale as in the case of Venky's and Blackburn FC. Whatdid they do wrong?

It is easier to turn the question: Have they done even a single thing right? You just have to hope that this story serves as deterrent to fans who assume that the moon follows a change of ownership. Television pictures when teams go out of the league usually last long in my memory. I remember a great weeping Alan Smith be soothed by the fans at Leeds United's nightmare came true spring of 2004. I remember the Newcastle fans' banner when the Magpies crashed down into the Championship in the spring of 2009: "We'll support you even more." I remember a sad Ian Holloway, who last year was close to save Blackpool remain at Old Trafford. Even the United fans suffered with him.

On Monday at Ewood Park, there was very little sympathy from supporters anywhere. A gang stormed the plan on the hunt for coach Steve Kean who had to flee to the playing time. Goalkeeper Paul Robinson, one of the few players who can't be accused of not giving 100% this season, walked around and applauded. He got a few hugs and pats on the back. Mostly I will remember the symbolic events of the match. How a fan ran onto the field to throw his season ticket in front of Steve Kean. How a chicken was unleashed in the first half to chants of, "We're only here for the chicken" Not to mention the banner some supporters raised up: "BRFC RIP killed by cowboys (pictures of the agent Jerome Anderson and Steve Kean) and Indians (pictures of the owners from Venky's)."

In some ways it was fitting when that rooster ran onto the pitch. It spent more time in the Wigan penalty area than any of the Blackburn strikers in the first half and served as a symbolic image:

Venkys have treated this club as the company treats its chickens. They have slaughtered Blackburn Rovers. In a way, it was also fitting that Sam Allardyce a few hours earlier, took a major step closer to Premier League yesterday with West Ham. He should not have been fired.

The Indian company bought the club in November 2010 for £ 43m. They began to pay off the debts. So far, so good, but the question is whether it is still the only sensible thing they made during their 18 months. If you want a manual on how not to run a football club can look at Venky's so-called businessmen. There were those who immediately started talking about recruiting Ronaldinho and David Beckham. It was their chairman Anuradha Desai who said she had never seen a football game. It was they who chose to consult the agent Jerome Anderson as counselors. It was they who sacked manager Sam Allardyce, although he led a modest squad to a middle position in the Premier League. It was they who replaced Allardyce with third coach Steve Kean who had no managerial experience, but who are represented by Jerome Anderson's agent firm. It was they who picked up John Jensen as assistant, probably because he also had the same agent firm, rather than his fitness for the task. It was they who in January last year suddenly gave Steve Kean a two year contract.There were those who ignored the protests in the fall and instead signed a new contract with Kean in November (although the length of contract was the same).It was they who began to make one weird recruitment after the other. When Ronaldinho and Beckham didn't pan out, they signed Myles Anderson - Jerome's 21-year-old son. At the time he had made only one substitute appearance for Aberdeen.

Jerome Anderson's part in Blackburn's downfall is worth examining more closely. The former banker had previously had a close relationship with Arsenal when he represented, among others, Ian Wright and Thierry Henry. Sources around him claimed that he had not been involved in Blackburn's business on a daily basis, only that his role was to identify a new owner who could buy the club from the Walker Trust.

But even in the Fall of 2010 those who doubted. Shortly after taking over in December, Alex Ferguson warned the consequences could be disastrous. "You have a case with Blackburn where an agent is involved and will determine the club's future. Jerome Anderson, he has no clue. It is startling and a threat to the clubs future." said United-coach to the Telegraph.

Jerome Anderson has had a similar "consultant role" in a Premier League club before. He was part of the picture when Thaksin Shinawatra bought Manchester City in 2007 and was highly involved in the decision to hire Sven-Goran Eriksson as coach and then recruit eight players.

Two clubs have been considered to be "agent-driven" in England this season, Blackburn and Doncaster. Both went out of their divisions.

Agent firm Kentaro acted as adviser to Venky's even before the takeover. For a few years, Kentaro has had a partnership with Jerome Anderson's SEM agency business. Anuradha Desai, chairman of Venky's, and her two brothers were well aware that they lacked knowledge within the football industry.It is rumored that before making the purchase did not know that the team could go out of the Premier League, that they thought it was a franchise. We do not know if this is the truth, but it is natural to think that they happily relied on Jerome Anderson's review on strategic decisions.

It is said that Blackburn's chairman, the beloved John Williams, was not even consulted when Sam Allardyce was fired. Williams left Blackburn last spring and his exodus was followed by Secretary Tom Finn. Williams was handpicked later by Manchester City.

Why did the "Big Sam" go? Theory goes that he and Venky's disagreement about possible signings before the January window last year were behind it. Reports that SEM had a wish list where many of the names were players from their own stables are rampant. There have been denials by Venky's. Anuradha Desai was content to declare that Allardyce was not "buying into the vision."

What exactly was that vision? It was not to make Blackburn into a successful football team. When Desai gave her first interview about the takeover she didn't talk about what Venky's could do for Blackburn. She highlighted what Blackburn could do for the company. "I feel that the Venky's brand will get instant recognition if we take over the club, and that's the main reason why we are here." This should already have sent out warning signs and fans should have been worried. Some were. Others were so busy seeing money bags that perhaps they couldn't see the pit of hell opening up underneath them. It is easy in times when an oil tycoon for owners is many fans dearest wish.

After Blackburn sacked Sam Allardyce, Anuradha Desai spoke. "The team will be capable of reaching 5th to 7th and not constantly vying to stave off relegation. I think the team deserves better. Sam did not fit into this vision. We have a long term vision and we want to take the club to new heights."

There were no new heights. After that the team saved off relegation in the final round last season, they have constantly been at the bottom of the table this year.Last fall, ESPN had an interview with co-owner Venkatesh Rao.He could have competed in the World Cup of diplomacy, "The fans have every right to feel frustrated and angry. On Venky's behalf, I want to assure fans that we are fully aware of our responsibility towards them, towards the club and to football." But did they really?

On Tuesday, Sporting Intelligence revealed a letter sent in December by Paul Hunt, the so called "Deputy Chief Executive." He wrote, among other things, to Anuradha Desai:

* That "significant changes to save the club from relegation, maybe even from the administration." were required.

* That you should consider firing Steve Kean who has lost the fans' confidence and the locker room.

* The club is losing fans / customers at an alarming rate.

* We are in danger of losing Umbro as a sponsor if they continued to manufacture unauthorized Rovers shirts in India.

* That you have to pay off £10 million of debt to reduce the risk of putting the club into administration.

It is said that money from the sale of Chris Samba in the January window to Anzji Makhachkala went straight to paying off that debt.

Samba had aired his dissatisfaction much longer. In last year's January window, he tried to move. He was critical of the owners. "New owners have come in and fired the coach who saved us from relegation two years ago. The least they could do is come here and explain their project. They have not done it, it's disrespectful. I do not want to be part of it."

Supporters anger with Venky's and Steve Kean lacks precedent in the Premier League's short history. The chant "Kean out" has been sung in almost every home game. When Venky's banned banners with messages critical of them in the stadium last fall, fans hired an airplane flying above the Ewood Park with the text "Steve Kean Out". Anger was easy to understand. Blackburn were only going in one direction, downhill, and Steve Kean appeared not to be the man who would turn the tide.

But the manager was not the main problem. In my view the ownership structure the big problem. It was Venky's who put Kean in the manager's position. It was Venky's (or their advisors) who, inexplicably, not only gave him a two year contract but also then refused to fire him when he did not perform.

I've always been suspicious of Steve Kean, ever since Sam Allardyce said in an interview after the parting that he thought his assistant had backstabbed him. Keans "Baghdad Bob"-talk has been astonishing. He said in December 2010 David Hoilett would extend his contract within 48 hours. Hoilett never extended any contract. The attacker has still not extended any contract. Hoilett goes on a Bosman when the season is over. Kean said Blackburn, thanks to Venky's, no longer had to sell their best players. A few weeks later, Phil Jones shipped off to Manchester United.He said it was inconceivable that Chris Samba would leave the club. Two weeks later, Samba was sold.

Steve Kean lives in denial. When the team piled up losses last fall, he said before a game that he was optimistic "because the team was undefeated in London." As if it mattered.

At the same time, I had sympathy for the hard pressed coach when the pressure on him turned to hate. I was happy with him after the victory over Sunderland on March 20th, when the team acquired six quick points and looked to save their Premier League status.

He had been threatened and forced to get a bodyguard. He did not dare go into the streets. During the home defeat to Bolton in December protests against Kean reached its climax when the local newspaper Lancashire Telegraph demanded his resignation. Everton boss David Moyes, who was in attendance, said later that he left the match because he was so uncomfortable by the behavior in the stands.

The letter from Paul Hunt was dated Dec. 21. The day after the Bolton match.

If we ignore the little fact that Steve Kean is a bad football manager, I would still defend him. At least a little. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but we must not forget the ungrateful conditions. The squad was already weak before the season after Phil Jones left for Manchester United. With a further blow - captain Ryan Nelsen was alledgedly injured and Chris Samba refused to play - I doubt that any other coach would have done significantly better.

There were more strange events. Michel Salgado had not played since before Christmas because he was close to reaching that number of matches which would give him a year extension on his contract. Venky's did not want that, so Kean has not been able to use the right-back. Steve Kean has thus in many ways had to act with his hands tied. What provoked the fans above all this was his "stick-you-head-in-the-sand" attitude. Instead of admitting that the squad was weak and that he did not get the signings he wanted, he talked up players such as David Goodwillie (purchased from Dundee) and Myles Anderson. The latter was compared to Chris Smalling. It has not been credible.

Football Managers who feel unwanted usually throw in the towel. For his own sake and for the club's sake. Kean has instead repeatedly reiterated that he has the ability to save the sinking ship. Even after yesterday's relegation, he was not prepared to give up. Instead, he talked about making sure to keep the team and focus on getting back next year.

It will not be considered on the basis that 80 percent of club revenues currently go to player salaries. The cost structure is not sustainable in the Championship where TV money is considerably lower. Relegation will cost around £30 million, according to The Times in India. Only 3,000 have renewed season tickets for next season, compared with 12,000 last year. It is easy to understand if Blackburn fans feel despair. Andy Cryer writes today in the Lancashire Telegraph: "It was branded as an exciting era, but after just 18 months, wBlackburn fans wish that they never heard of Steve Kean and Venky's".

Venkys financial strength was greatly exaggerated in the first reports. There was talk of £100m in annual profit. In fact, earnings are £12m. Approximately one-tenth. They've driven the club from India and rarely endeavored to visit Ewood Park. How could they get control of Blackburn?

Rovers are a traditional club. It was formed in 1875 and is one of only four clubs that have won the Premier League. They did it in 1995 with players like Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton then owner Jack Walker spent big to fulfill his dream.Before Walker died in August 2000, he made sure that ownership would be transferred to family-owned "Walker's trustees." "Blackburn Rovers was in many ways, the love of his life," said the politician Jack Straw after his death.

"Walker's trustees" had no more interest in running the football club. Five years ago, in 2007 they put Blackburn up sale. No one was seriuosly interested until Venky's showed up. Not one British investor was interested in a club that has played ten years in the top division, which had an average audience of 22 000 spectators. One potential owner, Ali Syed, showed interest. The Premier League said no because he did not pass the so-called "fit and proper" test. He bought the Spanish Racing Santander instead. That club is now in crisis, plunged into administration and no one knows where Syed has disappeared to.

With the knowledge of what has happened under Venky's tenure, one must wonder what would have happened to Blackburn if this man had taken over the club instead. It is small consolation for Blackburn's supporters that, if possible, it could have been even worse.

Yesterday reports circulated that Venky's were willing to sell Blackburn. It was denied by Vineeth Rao, a friend of the family owners, the Lancashire Telegraph. "It is not true, not at all. There are no plans to sell."

Last Monday before the Wigan match, a new aircraft was hired to circulate above the Ewood Park. This time it was ordered by rival Burnley fans.

The message?

"In Venky's We Trust."

Sources: BBC, The Guardian, Lancashire Telegraph, Sky Sports, Telegraph, Wikipedia

I cant see any big name players playing on Sunday as the Venkys will be on a cost cutting mission, they wont want to pay any bonuses so the ones that play will be the ones that dont have bonus related contracts. Goodbye Robbo,Yak,MGP,Dunny,Dann,Formica,Martin O

Archived