BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Message to Paul Robinson

Paul,

Now I don't know whether you read this messageboard but I suspect you might because unlike some players you have always seemed to have an affection for Rovers and a good relationship with the fans, none more so than last night when you were one of only two or three players to stay behind to salute supporters after the match and appeared to be as genuinely upset at the club's relegation as the fans.

No doubt you will leaving this summer because you are a top Premier League goalkeeper and will probably have a number of offers - and not one Rovers supporter will blame you for that and you will leave with our very best wishes.

So as a final gesture to Rovers fans could we make one plea, and that is after you have left Ewood to reveal to a supportive member of the press (Henry Winter of the Daily Telegraph would be fine) the truth of what has been going on at Ewood inside and outside the dressing room over the past 18 months ?

Supporters have been kept in the dark over so much since Venky's and Kean took charge and the least we deserve now is some insight into events behind the scenes as the most disastrous period in the club's history unfolded. It might also go some way to easing the pain of relegation.

Rovers fans would be eternally grateful.

he was probably too upset at the time, give him time, i honestly think, being the classact that he is, that he will stick around with us, he has a rapport with the fans that no player has had since tugay and the only one of a couple who actually cares, (dunn, the other one)

forgot to include salgado and givet, the rest can go rot

It is a shame that with this relegation the liklihood is that there will be a mass exodus of players leaving ewood park, some we will miss, some we wont but it is concerning as to where we will go from here just look at the what has happened to the likes of Portsmouth, Southampton, Leeds Utd, Manchester City, Charlton to name a few when they have been relegated from Premier League, it hasn't been long until they have been relegated to League One

Along with everyone else on here I too agree that Robbo has been awesome ever since he came to the club and has always conducted himself in a professional way and displayed himself marvelously to the fans. YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE ENGLANDS #1!!!

Ultimate respect for Robbo. Whilst not in the A-tier of Goalkeepers, with a good, organised Premier League team in front of him he's more than capable of playing for most clubs. Just had far too much work to do this year.

Was the only player yesterday who really gave 110% for the team - shouting tactical instructions from the back (never going to be heard though) and running to pick up loose balls for goal kicks whilst the rest of the team loped about as if it were a pre-season match. Obviously felt as devastated as we were at the final whistle. He's always had an affinity with the fans that even Dunn has now lost. Suspect we won't be seeing his "arse" or love for the Darwen End again in blue and white, but delighted to be proved wrong.

Too good for England, and now Rovers sadly.

The only player last night who showed any sort of passion, commitment or dedication. Jason Lowe's face when Robbo sprinted for the ball Lowe had left to a ball boy was a picture.

Also putting his thumb up when we sang Robbo hates Steve Kean said everything. If only there was a way to know if he had read this thread.

Yes got to love Robbo, his form dipped slightly this season from the excellent season he had the season before. But it's hardly a surprise given the dreadful defenses we've fielded in front of him at times. He was brilliant last night, the triple save from Moses really did keep us in the game. It was a proud but sad sight to see that only two players bother to stay behind after the final whistle to thank the supporters for their support throughout the season. The other players couldn't get off the pitch quick enough when they saw what was one of the smallest pitch invasions I've ever seen.

I've already asked him if he's thinking of writing a book. Not solely on this, but with this included. He said he'd think about it.

He said to Glenn that he'd do an interview for BRFCS.

• Backroom

He claps the fans but the guys a million miles away from a 'rovers legend' for me

Top pro - half decent keeper. Most keepers develop a rapport with fans as they are closest to them throughout the game, I remember fans having a good relationship with mimms, friedel and mostly Flowers (still miss his running jumps after a win)

Hell of a boot on him mind and he'll probably find himself another lower premier league team, probably QPR if they stay up, Kennys a shocker

He claps the fans but the guys a million miles away from a 'rovers legend' for me

Top pro - half decent keeper. Most keepers develop a rapport with fans as they are closest to them throughout the game, I remember fans having a good relationship with mimms, friedel and mostly Flowers (still miss his running jumps after a win)

Hell of a boot on him mind and he'll probably find himself another lower premier league team, probably QPR if they stay up, Kennys a shocker

Pretty much sums up my opinion on him.

I think the fact that in some people's eyes he's a 'legend' just sums up the shower of sh*t we've been left with and how few of us have any real bond with any of the players right now.

SSN is suggesting Robbo won't be played on Sunday due to an ankle injury...no doubt its a punishment for doing the lap around the stadium & clapping the fans after the Wigan game. No doubt he will be shipped out over the summer. I for one thank him for his service to Rovers & hopes he gets a contract in the PL with a club with a decent manager.

Venkys Out, Kean Out

It's all relative, Tom. Granted, he wasn't born in the area, isn't a career Rover and hasn't won anything for us but throughout the protests he has been the one player who has identified with the fans. A clap here, a timely thumb or wave, a gesture there. No other player has visibly defied Kean. Wasn't he "injured" in the aftermath of the Bolton game having clapped the protesting fans?

Very few players could have replaced Friedel. Although time has proven he didn't need replacing. Not to try to blame Ince for our current plight but was that the beginning of the end?

Friedel - Legend

Flowers - Legend

Robinson - Could have, Should have

It'd be nice if he hung around but he's to good a player to put up with Kean any longer, he deserves better than the way the club is at the moment. We all do.

So long Robbo.

Archived