BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mrs Desai is a Joke

All Rovers supporters have regarded Mrs D as a less than serious figure since she first turned up as the power before the brothers confidently telling us she knows nothing about football.

Well we now also know she knows even less about management.

However, my serious point is that a public figure is truly deeply in the mire when the press start treating them as a joke:

sportingintelligence ‏ @sportingintel

Awaiting official confirmation on Hunt sacking. Sources in India say happened late last night. Can't reach Hunt. #brfc

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

1h David Conn ‏ @david_conn

.@sportingintel So, sack the bloke who wrote you a letter six months ago warning of relegation, eh? #brfc

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

1h sportingintelligence ‏ @sportingintel

@david_conn Have you not read the world's shortest book: 'How to win friends and influence people - by Mrs AJ Desai' (Cock-up Publications)

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

1h David Conn ‏ @david_conn

.@sportingintel I always remember Venky's mission statement: "To make India No 1 in poultry map of the world." Not much to do with football

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too little, too late i'm afraid. It would appear the tide is turning but it bears little relevance to the club any more, we're now as a club the media's plaything, will be interesting for a couple of weeks then all attention will turn to the Euro's.

The most frustrating part is that anyone with more than a couple of brain cells could see where this was all going, personally I put two and two together a long time ago and did what I could despite living 200 miles away. Unfortunately Mr Kean had the media eating out of his hands all season and the general public were too naive to believe he could be anything other than the victim.

People forget we were a stable mid table club for many years, almost like one of the forgotten PL teams. Venkys and their associates just made us more interesting, all these despicable fans getting upset over what? Relegation? Well rovers were never a good side, right?

Such is the way of the PL. A lot of non Rovers fans i've spoken to thought we were constant strugglers and it was only a matter of time.

Enjoy the spotlight while it lasts, and hopefully the likes of Kamy can get more stuff confirmed and put it in the public domain. Because very soon, the media will not care one jot, and then it will be too late.

I think the sacking of a guy who was merely warning them, is going to really turn the media against them.

Keeping Steve Kean in charge is seen as mere idiocy. Sacking someone for doing his job is vile.

We need to keep putting the pressure on, the rupee must be dropping in Pune, with hopefully more revelations coming into the public domain, more negative press, just what a business planning to expand to the UK needs! Hopefully commercial forces will overcome the sense of loyaly to CoCo and they can find a way to sell and find a way out with what dignity they have left.

I call her Desai publicly now. What's the point of a prefix set for respect, which has to be earnt in the first place?

+ 200,000

The woman doesnt deserve respect, in fact she clearly should be certified insane, If Kean stays after this, then I firmly will believe that there is some kind of corruption within the club which mustnt get out to the public domain, hence, no one at Ewood can make decisions or access certain areas of information/finances!!

Lets face it, in my opinion, I can believe that one member of the family with a colourful past, could be the centre of this!!

Too little, too late i'm afraid. It would appear the tide is turning but it bears little relevance to the club any more, we're now as a club the media's plaything, will be interesting for a couple of weeks then all attention will turn to the Euro's.

The most frustrating part is that anyone with more than a couple of brain cells could see where this was all going, personally I put two and two together a long time ago and did what I could despite living 200 miles away. Unfortunately Mr Kean had the media eating out of his hands all season and the general public were too naive to believe he could be anything other than the victim.

People forget we were a stable mid table club for many years, almost like one of the forgotten PL teams. Venkys and their associates just made us more interesting, all these despicable fans getting upset over what? Relegation? Well rovers were never a good side, right?

Such is the way of the PL. A lot of non Rovers fans i've spoken to thought we were constant strugglers and it was only a matter of time.

Enjoy the spotlight while it lasts, and hopefully the likes of Kamy can get more stuff confirmed and put it in the public domain. Because very soon, the media will not care one jot, and then it will be too late.

sadly agree

With the news of Hunt getting the boot today, I wasn't his biggest fan but atleast this has proven hat the email / letter was genuine, and he had the best interests of the club in mind, even if he does ask for more money in the first paragraph :P

The thing that I don't understand the most is that the Indian media seem to have turned on them now and yet they still don't seem to understand that sacking Kean is the way forward and has been since he first wormed his way into the job.

I'd like someone in the club to come out and say something. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been said from the club recently aside from Kean, which is all bullshit anyway. Not ONE whimper has been heard from Venkys. PLEASE come and say something to us. Surely you can try to justify your actions or intentions somehow? maybe? Leaving us all in the dark is just worse for you.

I feel we should stop calling her Mrs Desai, I call people by there title and name when I have respect for them, from now on I'd rather her be know only as an obscenity or such like. Maybe the sow or witch.

Anus Desaster I call her.

David Conn at the Guardian is on a roll with his wise cracks:

David Conn ‏ @david_conn

.@RorySmithTimes @theroaminmagpie @migueldelaney are Athletic Bilbao planning to sell their club to any overseas poultry companies....?

Meantime, something I have heard frequently gets an airing courtexy Graham Jones MP

Graham Jones ‏ @GrahamJones_MP

#brfc Disgraceful sacking of Hunt. On 22 Dec he indicated 2 me the problem at Rovers was the close relationship between Mrs Desai & Mrs Kean

Seems Desai is more loyal to Kean's Mrs than Coco is......

Graham Jones ‏ @GrahamJones_MP

#brfc Disgraceful sacking of Hunt. On 22 Dec he indicated 2 me the problem at Rovers was the close relationship between Mrs Desai & Mrs Kean

I mentioned this a few times previously and it is true.

Mrs D is like the Indian Sarah Palin

That's unfair to Sarah Palin. She was actually a competent governor, though not so much as a vice-presidential candidate.

It would be hard to find a political equivalent to D's demonstrated incompetence.

That's unfair to Sarah Palin. She was actually a competent governor, though not so much as a vice-presidential candidate.

It would be hard to find a political equivalent to D's demonstrated incompetence.

Plus Sarah Palin would totally get it.

Archived