BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers' fans approach to Kean

Out of solidarity, do you think Chelsea would join in with anti Kean/Venky chants on Sunday. 40,000 fans singing would be fantastic!!!

Chelsea fans singing at the Bridge? Clearly not all Rovers fans are pessimists!

Hi all - I am a Coventry fan, and as you may know we have been through some very similar problems to you this season, which have resulted in relegation. We too have an invisible set of owners, a shrinking squad, dwindling crowds, protests, and an inexperienced manager, but the one difference seems to be that while our fans have focused our fury on our owners (a shady hedge fund called Sisu Capital), Rovers fans have included Steve Kean in your campaign.

I know a lot of football fans have critised you for this, but instead of joining the bandwagon I thought I would find out more. Why were Venky's so determined to appoint Steve Kean and then keep onto him at all costs? It seems to defy the trend of most foreign owners who chop and change managers at the slightest downturn in form. Does have have something over the Venky's to keep his job? Has some kind of secret pact been agreed?

Our own manager Andy Thorn has a worse record than Kean, but fans have embraced him as he is seen as 'one of ours'. I'm interested as to why Blackburn fans haven't taken the same approach with Kean.

Anyway I'd like to say that I look forward to seeing you next season, but unfortunately due to our own predicament, that will only happen if we are lucky enough to draw you in the cup. All the best!

The removal of our trusted & respected board members. The frequent trips to Pune.The steadfast refusal by Venkys to sack Kean.

This I am convinced is to facilitate illegal activity through BRFC. The club is being stripped bare, and the Bas#ard has the kneck to go on TV and say Venkys are 100% right for Blackburn. He's part of the plot. He thinks he's invincible.

The removal of our trusted & respected board members. The frequent trips to Pune.The steadfast refusal by Venkys to sack Kean.

This I am convinced is to facilitate illegal activity through BRFC. The club is being stripped bare, and the Bas#ard has the kneck to go on TV and say Venkys are 100% right for Blackburn. He's part of the plot. He thinks KNOWS he's invincible.

Just thought I would correct that for you.... :wacko:

He said in the press that the none protesting fans should "have a word" with protesting fans. I will let you figure out what he meant by that.

He's sidelined player after player, lying about their status then when they've moved on they've played immediately for their new club. Michel Salgado is still sidelined with a "back injury" yet on Twitter he's said there's nothing at all wrong with him.

He also said he receives 500 fan letters per day.

Michel Salgado is still sidelined with a "back injury" yet on Twitter he's said there's nothing at all wrong with him.

He also rang Sky Sports News to tell them that.

Roberts also publicly stated he was fit and avialable for selection.

Denied contract talks and then admitted to signing a new one 24 hours later.

Remember when Kean said Salgado was injured - then shortly afterwards Salgado released a statement via SSN saying club not acting in its traditions and that he was fit but could not play for contractual reasons.

I think we are giving Kean too much stick.

He tries his hardest as he said in his interview and only ever gets stick from our fans.

In our biggest game of the season we much preferred to rather give stick to our manager than back the team and urge them forward. The fans are struggling at the minute but when Kean takes us up next year they will get right behind him, let me assure you of that.

go away - I've no idea where you have come from but crawl back under whichever stone it was. No Rovers fan will ever forgive Kean for the things he has done here.

go away - I've no idea where you have come from but crawl back under whichever stone it was. No Rovers fan will ever forgive Kean for the things he has done here.

keansarmy are you completly off your face or are you 5 years old, we have just been relegated, our club that jack built has been raped to the core by kean and venkys, do you really think he gives a dam about rovers? hes bothered about his deluded ego and his pocket, i want to know why is he the only one with direct contact with venkys ? why arent venkys in direct contact with the CEO the one that runs operations ? ill tell you why i believe kean has major shares in rovers along with anderson, i believe venkys are only intreasted in rovers for commercial purposes, i believe its a 3 way deal, after all who heard of venkys before they took over rovers?? nah this is andersons and keans club now they will be here for a long long time this isnt our club anymore the rovers u knew is gone, dead, this sweetheart is why proper fans the ones that sweat blood to make a living and spend it on watching rovers protest to the hilt, whatever it takes, it wont end until i see the end of venkys and the end of steve kean

keansarmy are you completly off your face or are you 5 years old, we have just been relegated, our club that jack built has been raped to the core by kean and venkys, do you really think he gives a dam about rovers? hes bothered about his deluded ego and his pocket, i want to know why is he the only one with direct contact with venkys ? why arent venkys in direct contact with the CEO the one that runs operations ? ill tell you why i believe kean has major shares in rovers along with anderson, i believe venkys are only intreasted in rovers for commercial purposes, i believe its a 3 way deal, after all who heard of venkys before they took over rovers?? nah this is andersons and keans club now they will be here for a long long time this isnt our club anymore the rovers u knew is gone, dead, this sweetheart is why proper fans the ones that sweat blood to make a living and spend it on watching rovers protest to the hilt, whatever it takes, it wont end until i see the end of venkys and the end of steve kean

It was a dingle imposter, not a rovers fan.

Thanks for taking the time to visit Covmad. Seems like dire ownership makes us kindred spirits. I guess the difference appears to be that your manager is not in bed with your owners. The whole Anderson (player agent) dealings with how Kean was appointed etc. is something that the wider world doesn't know about.

Venkys approaching Anderson to facilitate purchasing Rovers from the Walker Trust

Anderson gets them a good deal and puts himself up as being able to help then run the club

Anderson recommends his client Kean to be given the job as manager, Allardice sacked - even though Kean is a mere coach and has never managed a Conference side, let alone a PL team

Anderson gets his own son signed to the team - a relatively useless plodder of a kid and a shameless display of nepotism - who has never made it past reserves.

Anderson arranges some of the signings - e.g. Rochina from Barcelona 'B', which I belive cost Rovers about $300k - the kick is that Anderson took many times that in agents fees ?

Kean, useless as a manager, goes along with all of this because he got given an unbelivably good wicket with no qualifications to do the job -

And that was just the beginning.

And it goes on... week in week out. Bizarre substitutions based on whether players are 'on side' or not. Players not picked at all and said to be 'injured' if they dare to speak out. (e.g. Ryan Nelsen is in traction - but bizarrely fronts up for Spurs 4 days later once his transfer is completed). Players not played at all on the basis of their match fee - even though we desperately needed them on the field.

And then there was the press conferences. The refusal to ever EVER concede that we were a poor side or that mistakes were made. Blaming everything including "dew on the pitch" for our defeats. Infuriating grinning overly positive patronising condescending prat !

The reason why we hate Kean as much as the owners is that he is inextricably part of the web of corruption and lies that surrounded the Venkys running of Rovers. And his job is to nod and smile and stick with the line that everything is OK, by deflecting blame onto the fans wherever possible for his own (and the teams) failures.

As a previous poster said, sorry to hear about Coventry's woes. Another great club that should be doing much much better, and yes, we will see you in League 1 in the not too distant future.

Hi all - I am a Coventry fan, and as you may know we have been through some very similar problems to you this season, which have resulted in relegation. We too have an invisible set of owners, a shrinking squad, dwindling crowds, protests, and an inexperienced manager, but the one difference seems to be that while our fans have focused our fury on our owners (a shady hedge fund called Sisu Capital), Rovers fans have included Steve Kean in your campaign.

I know a lot of football fans have critised you for this, but instead of joining the bandwagon I thought I would find out more. Why were Venky's so determined to appoint Steve Kean and then keep onto him at all costs? It seems to defy the trend of most foreign owners who chop and change managers at the slightest downturn in form. Does have have something over the Venky's to keep his job? Has some kind of secret pact been agreed?

Our own manager Andy Thorn has a worse record than Kean, but fans have embraced him as he is seen as 'one of ours'. I'm interested as to why Blackburn fans haven't taken the same approach with Kean.

Anyway I'd like to say that I look forward to seeing you next season, but unfortunately due to our own predicament, that will only happen if we are lucky enough to draw you in the cup. All the best!

Kean is a lying piece of sh*t. He is out of his depth and completely up to his neck, along with the ownership (of which he is a loyal, unquestioning puppet), in the chaos gripping the club. That is basically all you need to know.

Archived