BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What can we do if they don't sell

if venkys won't sell and i don't think they will. Other than sticking it out until administration come, asuming we'd come out the otherside, what are our options.

will a boycott of ticket sales be enough to force thier hands?

i think parachute payments might counteract any boycott

Can we generate enough bad publicity to effect thier core buisness?

Looking like idiots doesn't seam to bother them and they dont have shareholders to account too.

Start up a new rovers team, fcum style, its an olympic year maybe Blackburn Olympic would be a good name?

open a chicken farm in india and run venkys into the ground and leave the three of them with one ruppee between them?

my prefered option, can't be hard if they farm chickens like they run the rovers.

I don't think anything we can do here in the UK can make much difference, it's too easy for them to ignore (as they've shown). I think we'd be best trying to embarrass them in their own back yard; how we do that though I've no idea.

Has anyone actually asked WHY the owners are staying away? Get that answer, and then work from there.

I have my own ideas of why they're staying away, but that's neither here nor there.

Get them back here, TALK to them and try and sort this mess out with rational thought and mature understanding.

If they bailed out now they be acknowledging they've made a huge mistake buying the club and made a complete mess of running it, they couldn't be seen to lose face like that. Kean was completely on message today when he said we've taken a step back to take one forwards. It's nonsense of course but it takes the pressure off Venky's.

Their only realistic "out" is to find someone to take the club off their hands for what they paid for it or a profit. It'd be a major miracle if this happened, so in the meantime we plod on listening to Kean wheel out his platitudes while Pune maintains radio silence.

In a way it's a shame their plan to attract millions of Rovers fans in India has failed because then there might be hordes of their compatriots chanting what the rest of us think in Venky's native language right outside their Pune HQ.

Unfortunately most Indians still couldn't give a crap about football and when they do they only support Man U or Real Madrid.

When I think of protests towards a club, I always think of my Italian team Lazio doing protests in the early 2000s.

I copied and pasted this from forzaitalianfootball.com

Lazio's biggest ultra-group, the Irriducibili, held several protests during the first couple of months of 2002, claiming the multi million pound team was under achieving despite being one of the biggest and best teams in Serie A. At the time they claimed the current crop of high profile players didn't show enough commitment. During one of these protests the Ultras held aloft signs bearing former player and club legend Paolo Di Canio's name, proclaiming he was the role model they expected everyone to follow ( Di Canio also claims he was a member of the Irriducibili in his youth).

Later in the same month, Lazio won 5-0 but the Irriducibili refused to cheer or celebrate any of the goals. They also abandoned the Curva Nord 20 minutes at a time during games to show their disgust for the poor performances they had to endure.

During some games the Lazio fans would also turn around and not face the pitch to show their disgust at how the team was being run.

If Rovers fans were to do something similar, maybe a mass walk out at half time or refuse to celebrate a goal then that would definitely send a message out.

The obvious first course of action is to withhold funds from them where possible. Devalue their asset, so they may be forced to sell up.

Secondly, they don't seem bothered by adverse publicity in the UK media. So try the Indian media next. It needs something inventive and eye catching IMO.

What we do need is a united front from the supporters, and an elected spokesperson who can eloquently, professionally and factually.put our voice forward.

How this is all done I cannot answer, but we need to make a start quickly.

Apparently there might be a venkys express opening in london around july. Good oportunity for more publicity for us with a protest at the opening, hit the illegitimates at one of their main businesses.

Could even get a petition going get passers by to sign as im sure most footy fans now feel our pain.

I know it doesnt help rovers much but at least it causes damage and further bad publicity to venkys.

I can understand the withhold funds argument, I'm sure they care more about the bottom line than they do about fans' opinions, but I'm not sure how it would work practically. If the club's income is reduced due to boycotts etc, I can't see them putting their own money to make up any shortfall, they'd just keep selling players.

The biggest dent you could make in Venkys Inc. would be to hit the share price. The company would be reduced in value, and it would be picked up on by the financial bods in India, the very people they're trying to convice there's no problem at Rovers.

[if venkys won't sell and i don't think they will. Other than sticking it out until administration come, asuming we'd come out the otherside, what are our options.

IMO - no. They are making MILLIONS. I'll take a guess and say gambling. But thats a really wild guess. I'm not in the know or anything. And I'm on LSD as I type. Woof! £1.65m went to Rochina's Agent according to Paul Hunt (who has since been sacked so it must be true - Rovers don't do the truth anymore. er, HA HA HA!! )

Of a fashion. It's too late I reckon. Our man in the know Mr G Road stated that we'd have gone into Administration earlier this year had it not been for the sale of Chris Sambaaaa. So I'm pretty sure that the loss of the Premier League TV ruperilos will have a massive effect. What was the statement in the Accounts? "Relegation will really feck you right up, like we give a flyer!" or something to that effect. That'll be the crack I'm now smoking. Sorry.

Nah. These muthas kill for a living. Google 'em. Blackburn Rovers are nothing. A mere irritant in the North of England - not near London, or Pune. Grrrrr Bahhhh!!! XPRS!!!

Looking like idiots doesn't seam to bother them and they dont have shareholders to account too.

They aren't idiots. They're quids in. I'll give you 1/10 on that. Monster Monster.

Start up a new rovers team, fcum style, its an olympic year maybe Blackburn Olympic would be a good name?

No. Wait. One day. It's coming. I refuse to believe that something this bloody blatant will be continually ignored by those in authority. Great effort to get a meeting with the Premier League - be ready for more bullshit boys and girls - empathy, empathy, they've all got it in for thee - "but they've done nothing wrong, its within the rules of the game totally destroying your club, we understand you're frustrated and we're really really sorry but what can we do? It's not as though we give a damnnnnn is it?" Total arseicles. "Black, Black", Pins for tea mother?!"

Still sometimes in life you have to go back to go forward. I do hope that Kean realises he'll have to live his entire life looking over his shoulder after this is all done? What a right shitter for him. Still that's modern day society for you. No one has any respect anymore do they? I mean if i had been responsible for losing the jobs of many people at Ewood Park the last thing I would do would be to turn at the next press conference with a massive grin on my face.

When I think of protests towards a club, I always think of my Italian team Lazio doing protests in the early 2000s.

I copied and pasted this from forzaitalianfootball.com

During some games the Lazio fans would also turn around and not face the pitch to show their disgust at how the team was being run.

If Rovers fans were to do something similar, maybe a mass walk out at half time or refuse to celebrate a goal then that would definitely send a message out.

I remember a few years ago seeing hundreds of Lazio fans I think going to the training ground after another terrible team performance and confronted the players and manager. The players had to hide in out house of some description, while the captain was sent out to talk to the fans. In our case take away the players, leave the manager and make of it what you will.

if venkys won't sell and i don't think they will. Other than sticking it out until administration come, asuming we'd come out the otherside, what are our options.

open a chicken farm in india and run venkys into the ground and leave the three of them with one ruppee between them?

my prefered option, can't be hard if they farm chickens like they run the rovers.

Your're bob the builder, you fix it! :tu:

Has anyone actually asked WHY the owners are staying away? Get that answer, and then work from there.

I have my own ideas of why they're staying away, but that's neither here nor there.

Get them back here, TALK to them and try and sort this mess out with rational thought and mature understanding.

For that to happen you need rational people with mature understanding to listen.

But to be honest, as everything else has been tried, it is an option.

But they are not answering phone calls, emails, letters so how can anybody even try to communicate with them? People have been over to see them have spoken to them. They have had bank people making demands on them - all without success. So how can anybody communicate with them, without breaking in to chicken towers?

But they are listening to a certain degree. It cost Paul Hunt and others before him their jobs.

Under Venky's the club is in-complete free-fall and the only destination is complete oblivion, I can't see the club/company surviving beyond the end of the year. Starting a new club FCUM style would be very rewarding, especially with the backing of BRSIT, (if they can't buy the club from Venky's). With a big fanbase a FC Rovers team would sale through non-league..

OK. I'll try and work it from there.

They stay away cos they get abuse.

They get abuse cos they have employed a certified prick as manager, are taking money out of Rovers and not putting money back in.

So what possible rational talking can be said.

"Mrs D, can you please consider the possibility of sacking Steve Kean so that we do not regress as a club any more."

"No, he is an excellent manager who works hard"

End of civilised conversation surely.

What can you do? You can express the rights that every consumer has.

Don't buy tickets or merchandise. If enough people do that, the club will feel the sting, and even if they didn't it's a matter of principle. If you're continuing to back the club after everything that's happened then you don't really have any right to complain when you're given a **** return.

Agree, as much as it hurts the fans in the short term not to go to Ewood,hitting Venky's in the pocket is the only way to force change, as all forms of verbal protest have failed. They have shown nothing but contempt for the fans, by endorsing Steve Kean and his delusional self-belief.

Agree, as much as it hurts the fans in the short term not to go to Ewood,hitting Venky's in the pocket is the only way to force change, as all forms of verbal protest have failed. They have shown nothing but contempt for the fans, by endorsing Steve Kean and his delusional self-belief.

Problem with that is knowing venkys they would sell the ground, training facilities and everything else not nailed down. To avoid administration and putting their hand in their own pocket. Then there is no return.

Administration would sort venkys out. Just a lot more pain before it happens.

Archived