BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's to speak with Indian press today

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like he was trying to paint over the problems in England to the Indians. I think what's happening to Blackburn Rovers has the potential to affect the business they conduct in India, and his plan was to remain calm and blasé about it to make it sound like it's not that big of a deal.

He's said some incredible stuff. The fact that "nobody is to blame" for relegation is damning in itself, and I hope that people see this for what it is in India - a well ran club 8th in the Premier League's all-time table, taken over by an Indian group and relegated in their first full season at the club.

If they think that is a coincidence... well...

Seems like he was trying to paint over the problems in England to the Indians. I think what's happening to Blackburn Rovers has the potential to affect the business they conduct in India, and his plan was to remain calm and blasé about it to make it sound like it's not that big of a deal.

We have to make sure it damn well does affect their business in India and anywhere else they have their grubby fingers

• Backroom

Venketesh isn't interested at all about football I don't think, he's more charity and religion minded, balaji is the dreamer and mrs d the 'brains' and business woman

Scary

The guy (Times of India) interviewed on Radio 5 just now quoted Venky as saying "if players want to leave, then they are welcome to do so".....how many? somewhere between 8 & 12 players to leave / sold i would expect to leave..

Venketesh isn't interested at all about football I don't think, he's more charity and religion minded, balaji is the dreamer and mrs d the 'brains' and business woman

Scary

Well if Desai is the brains, the other two must be totally illiterate!!

This is their first "comment" since mid November is it not?

IMO, they do not like anything which tarnishes their brand - they have been savaged in the UK media recently and this weekend could really expose them depending on what is published in the Indian media.

It could blow over because naturally media will quieten down but if it keeps going like this the situation is perhaps not sustainable - problem is that their cost cutting was getting pretty vicious recently and now with relegation is likely to get much, much worse.

That video needs sending back to Venkatesh Rao and the same questions being asked of him now. At about 1min he says, 'the fans have a right to complain after all, if the fans are not there then we are not there.' A clue as to what to do about the situation.

Question about Kean and results, answer was all we are concerned with are the results. Now, quite clearly Kean has not delivered results, what is his take on it now?

Archived