BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's to speak with Indian press today

I don't believe a word these people say. But perhaps there's a tiny sliver of hope in that Balaji didn't talk about Kean. Their normal modus operandi is to talk about how fantastic he is at every opportunity, and this time nothing. Now one might say that the smart PR move, even if they were 100% behind Kean, would be to not publicly praise him in order to avoid even more backlash from the fans. But it's Venkys we're talking about here, they don't have a clue about smart PR.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In love with the club" but won't spend what's necessary to make us viable , rarely watch the team (and even then never at Ewood) and walk out at half-time when they do!

Could never sell us= the end of the club.

i thought venkatesh was the more sensible looking 1, this guy needs to cut back on the prozac hes totaly unnatached from reality.

He's the one who siad at the Wigan away match that they would fix things up and "everybody will be happy"!!!!!!!!

So personally I don't believe a word he says.

He's the one who siad at the Wigan away match that they would fix things up and "everybody will be happy"!!!!!!!!

So personally I don't believe a word he says.

Said the same thing to us in Pune (and he used a lot of the same phrases he used today).

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. You had your chance Bala. You said you'd take the action needed and we'd stay up. Neither happened. You can't say you didn't know, the list of people who told you this would happen is endless, the list of people who tried to help is almost as long. You ignored them all. You reap what you sow. I suspect you're unprepared for the next few months.

I'm waiting for the press conference at the end of the season where Mrs D is delighted that we will be playing in the Champions League next year and

Mrs D - "the fans should be happy because that is what we want for our beloved team."

Advisor - ....tap on shoulder and whisper in ear..."er...it's not the Champions League ma'am. Its the Football League Championship..."

Mrs D - "Ah that doesn't matter. Its all got the word 'champion' in it. Because we are champions. The average person won't know the difference..."

Said the same thing to us in Pune (and he used a lot of the same phrases he used today).

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. You had your chance Bala. You said you'd take the action needed and we'd stay up. Neither happened. You can't say you didn't know, the list of people who told you this would happen is endless, the list of people who tried to help is almost as long. You ignored them all. You reap what you sow. I suspect you're unprepared for the next few months.

From what I understand some of the decisions that Bala probably wanted to go through with have been overruled by Mrs D. So it's possible that he fully intended to make some changes but was unable to. However, that's not really good enough and if Kean is now staying then obviously nothing has changed.

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/report_what-the-epl-mad-english-can-learn-from-us_1687156

Didn't know where to post this and apologies if posted already but are you ready for possibly the worst article I have ever read about Blackburn since they took over. Utterly ridiculous at best and incredibly insulting at worst. If this is the general perception at the moment over there I have no idea how to get rid of them.

I have tried to comment but it states it will be moderated so am not sure if it will appear. It has wound me up more than any Steve Kean interview.....even the one after Everton last season where we lost 2-0, got into their final third about twice and yet "I thought we were excellent".

That's just off the top of my head tho i'm sure there have been better examples than that.

The author clearly doesn't understand football and it is a crime it is allowed to appear anyway.

Kean Out, Venky's Out, Anderson Out, Agnew Out, Bradley Orr Out (didnt realise he had slagged off the fans until later)

Speechless at the total lack of insight from the reporter - not to mention fuming! At the same time this very article might provide some info on how the Raos view the situation. If this article is similar to the Raos way of thinking no wonder we stuggle to find any shred of logic behind their decisions on how to run a FOOTBALL-club. Also - not a word about Kean, Anderson or SEM/Kentaro unless they are what the article refers to as "professionals" :blink:

Good find, Salgado Is A Hero!

That article is by far the most unbelievable piece of trash ever typed. Not only is it facile in it's premise that IPL is anything like the Premier League, it's factually wrong and frankly it lies about a number of things. It's politically motivated and hugely arrogant. One thing that it does for Venky's is give them an out without losing face in India. If people believe crap like this over there, the story told post Venky's bailing out would be one of how evil and arrogant the English are and how they drove an honourable and trustworthy Venky's out of Rovers. If that's the case, I can live with India thinking we're ungrateful and unworthy.

I found that article an indication that some in the Indian community are thinking they (as a country and business people) have now "made it", and that they are now a force in the world.

They may well be some of that, but the sort of person that writes pieces like that have little grace and even less humility. Things you need to progress on the world stage and gain respect. They think they are higher and better than they really are.

To me, the Indians are like Liverpool supporters, always the victim, and think that they are the best, when in reality they are not quite on a par of those they criticize.

Obviously i don't believe a word Venkys have said in that interview, all they have done is just given us more rope to hang them with further down the line with yet more promises that they will most likely break.

I expect Eric Black to be sacked within a month.

If anything, the English should be grateful that a magnanimous multinational from Maharashtra courageously decided to fund a lowly team at considerable risk to its own Venky’s brand. And it gave full autonomy to managers and executives. Zero interference and 100% funding

:lol:

Our 'owners' simply haven't got a clue what to say or do,it's nothing more than a chaotic circus being played out to the tune of the Benny hill show,the club will only further implode with these gobshytes in charge.No football club or business can be run like this,we all know where this shambles is heading.

Teflon is comically trying to run the club for them in their continued abscence,himself,inexperienced and totally nieve,a bullshitter second to none who is hated by the fans but continues to spin rubbish to try and keep his job.Utter cluelessness on all levels and a club now destined to fail horribly....

Will the last fan to leave please turn the light out a Ewood.

Venky's share price is falling fast and I expect that to drop even further over the weekend with more negative PR in India.

The pressure is growing on Venky's massively. Don't believe the nonsense being spouted from the two brothers over the last couple of days. Mrs D is the real power broker and we haven't heard anything from her.

If anything, the English should be grateful that a magnanimous multinational from Maharashtra courageously decided to fund a lowly team at considerable risk to its own Venky’s brand. And it gave full autonomy to managers and executives. Zero interference and 100% funding

:lol:

Wow. A Venkys-commissioned piece, surely.

Archived