BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen to sue Rovers ?

If the handshake was agreed because Ryan said he was going to America to play/coach and then he turned up and signed for Spurs....then I can accept why Venkys would be ###### off.

If it was a case of Ryan and Venkys agreeing to a termination because he wasn't required at Blackburn anymore and whether he went to America or not wasn't part of the deal then Venkys deserved to be sued.

Obviously we've only got the article to go by but I know who i'd believe 100 times outta 100.

Go get your money Ryan!

I've seen it and already posted it on the Nelsen thread below!

Apologies, seen it now on the Nelson Twitter thread.

However, might be better though as a thread on its own.

If the handshake was agreed because Ryan said he was going to America to play/coach and then he turned up and signed for Spurs....then I can accept why Venkys would be ###### off.

If it was a case of Ryan and Venkys agreeing to a termination because he wasn't required at Blackburn anymore and whether he went to America or not wasn't part of the deal then Venkys deserved to be sued.

Obviously we've only got the article to go by but I know who i'd believe 100 times outta 100.

Go get your money Ryan!

Usually find that all contractual payoffs are regulated by a NDA / Compromise Agreement.

Nelsen is a very intelligent guy with a degree I understand and I feel sure that he would be acutely aware of what he could and couldn't do without jeopardising his payoff.

I suspect that Rovers wanted him away as he was seen as a challenge to Kean and also to get his reputed £50k per wkk of the books.

What really riles me is why the feck give him a new contract only 12 months earlier - I think the answer was to help secure the dressing room for Kean following Sam's exit. Seemingly, that didn't last too long !!!

I know we are talking about a footballer who earns £50k per week but:

I HATE OUR CLUB RIGHT NOW

Ryan Nelsen was one of those that gave a toss for the club and its fans, imo forced out because he spoke the Truth and the Fuhrer didn't like this and made him disapear.

Ryan thought he was going to America. Which I appreciated as I would be able to see him play/coach in person. After the deal, Redknapp swooped in and offered him a deal with the Spurs. The before and after intentions don't matter. What matters is that Nelsen was a free agent when Redknapp made his move.

Redknapp is not an idiot; if he can get a short term deal for a real leader like Nelsen, he'll go for it. Nelsen is not an idiot; if he can get a few more months in the PL, he'll go for it.

The only idiots are Venkys/Kean. They let a real leader on the pitch, one of the most intelligent, upstanding and professional footballers in the PL, go when we were struggling with relegation. Spurs who were fighting for a Champions League spot saw his value and snapped him up. It looks like Spurs won their battle, in large part due to Nelsen's presence, and we lost ours due to his absence.

Way to go Venkys. It appears they'll let Kean drive the natural leaders away because his fragile ego can't handle real competition.

I hate the way Nixon writes "Rovers thought Nelsen was quitting to go to America to play, coach and work. But instead he turned up at White Hart Lane."

What he means is, Venkys and their advisors (who presumably negotiated Ryan's exit).

I think the story has legs though, and is further evidence of the incompetence of these owners in operating a business on a shoestring. I hope Nelsen takes them to the cleaners.

:rover:

More importantly on this matter, players are going to be watching this carefully, not only regarding contracts but how these buggers are treating staff, who the hell is going to come to Rovers, oh I know, Kentaro/SEN has beens or never will be's!

Poor Ryan "devastated".

Millions in the bank,great new club,new life in London,miles away from LIAR KEAN.

Stop being a drama queen Ryan,if anyone has the right to be devastated it's us fans. :wacko:

Whilst I agree with this to some extent, I would expect that Nelesn knows if he makes a fuss about it then it could be the start of Venky's and Kean's downfall. He wont be able to talk freely if there was an NDA in place to the press but would be able to if things went to court. I also suspect that he feels shafted by our wonderful owners and our Dear Leader in the way that our club has been dismantled and people within it lied to and removed systematicly should they speak out of turn about the direction the club has been taking. You have to remember up until Nelsen signed for Spurs he was in "traction" you have to ask why had Kean invented such a story when it clearly wasn't true? The money footballers make is obscene but there are many people that have been lied to and cheated by Venky's and Kean, the fans are certainly victime as are certain employees of the club and those employees may include the playing staff, just because they are a former player it doesn't mean they don't have a right to be devestated. Id suspect Salgado may be devastated at the way he has been treated also. Any player or former staff member that tries to stick it to this lot should be praised afterall football authorities are more likely to stand up if somebody from within the game is being shafted.

Whilst I agree with this to some extent, I would expect that Nelesn knows if he makes a fuss about it then it could be the start of Venky's and Kean's downfall. He wont be able to talk freely if there was an NDA in place to the press but would be able to if things went to court. I also suspect that he feels shafted by our wonderful owners and our Dear Leader in the way that our club has been dismantled and people within it lied to and removed systematicly should they speak out of turn about the direction the club has been taking. You have to remember up until Nelsen signed for Spurs he was in "traction" you have to ask why had Kean invented such a story when it clearly wasn't true? The money footballers make is obscene but there are many people that have been lied to and cheated by Venky's and Kean, the fans are certainly victime as are certain employees of the club and those employees may include the playing staff, just because they are a former player it doesn't mean they don't have a right to be devestated. Id suspect Salgado may be devastated at the way he has been treated also. Any player or former staff member that tries to stick it to this lot should be praised afterall football authorities are more likely to stand up if somebody from within the game is being shafted.

All good Seggie...and of course as much negative press towards Venkys can only be good.

Just sick to death of the footballing world using inappropiate terms,treating the fans like brainless idiots."Ryan's devastated"....Ryan is not devastated,just a bit miffed he has'nt hit the 10 million

mark this weekend in his bank account.......fair enough....different world these footballers,and the managers,and the agents.

Poor Ryan "devastated".

Millions in the bank,great new club,new life in London,miles away from LIAR KEAN.

Stop being a drama queen Ryan,if anyone has the right to be devastated it's us fans. :wacko:

Don't be silly. If your employer offered you a severance package and then reneiged because you found another job you would soon have them to a tribunal.

Don't be silly. If your employer offered you a severance package and then reneiged because you found another job you would soon have them to a tribunal.

Of course,but for all the reasons stated I would'nt be running around like a "DEVASTATED" drama queen on the basis the whole world revolves around Ryan.

Or am I the drama queen.....probably...At the moment I hate football hate everyone at Ewood or anyone connected recently. :xmas:

Absolutely amazed that he was on £50k a week. Shocking sum of money.

To see him grasping after money apparently owed to him, and the rumour he took a silence agreement for cash, it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

A once outspoken member of the football club that looked like he actually cared about the club now seems to have Pound signs on his mind, tarnishing his legacy, in my eyes.

If he has a clause in the contract and the stupid Indians havent paid him what he was owed, the contract becomes null and void, Venkys would have breeched the terms of his contract and Ryan could bring a lawsuit against them, more importantly, Ryan could say what he wanted because Rovers would have broken his agreement!

Absolutely amazed that he was on £50k a week. Shocking sum of money.

To see him grasping after money apparently owed to him, and the rumour he took a silence agreement for cash, it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

A once outspoken member of the football club that looked like he actually cared about the club now seems to have Pound signs on his mind, tarnishing his legacy, in my eyes.

I don't think it's necessarily about the money per se, but about the fact that he is being poorly treated. He probably did the deal because it was obvious to all and sundry that he was never going to get a game, despite being fit to play, and so the best deal all round is for him to go and make a fresh start elsewhere. He agrees to take a monthly pay off - a sort of pension because it's not convenient for them to pay everything upfront at the time, but then they pull the plug - it sounds from the article like they didn't inform him in writing first - and he's annoyed because that wasn't the deal. Does the article directly quote his devastated comment or is it just that he is understood to be devastated? I can't remember. The media write articles to suit themselves, not always quoting directly. Mind you, devastated isn't how I'd feel - I'd be absolutely furious.

Go get your money Ryan!

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I said last December that Rovers were desperate to get rid of him. He was snubbed by Kean, for many dubious reasons.Scott Dann was bought to replace Nelsen.

America never came into consideration.

I say, "go sue em," Ryan. Screw em over like they screwed you over and us Rovers fans!

More importantly on this matter, players are going to be watching this carefully, not only regarding contracts but how these buggers are treating staff, who the hell is going to come to Rovers, oh I know, Kentaro/SEN has beens or never will be's!

When they offer you a big winning bonus its time to run a mile!

Archived