BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

Here's food for thought, on Scottish news they said that the guy who approached Rangers pulled out because, to quote him loosely, he "saw a better opportunity" that was apparently outwith the SPL.

Now, Rangers are as good as dead, but Rovers have at least the parachute payments and SOME value in the squad. He knows his football too from what I hear.

Rovers would most likely be up for sale for a similar amount to what Rangers were too.

Interesting...

The American? Or do the Blue Knights not care which Blues they save?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is, how?

They have no interest in what is happening here or in the British media, the only thing the care about is how they are percieved in India as successful respectable business people. We would have to target them in the Indian press and as we have seen the Indian press have their tongues so far up Venky's behinds its untrue.

Today, some have been interviewed for Indian press and papers. Previously, we've had people asked to comment for the Economic Times of India.

I'm sure we could kick up enough of a fuss to get them to sell. The British media has been very critical of them, so surely they can be brought onside to pressurize a sale?

Sorry if this has been explained before, but why aren't Wayne Wild, Ian Battersby and Ian Currie all working together on a fans takeover?

Do you want facts or opinion?

Opinion: BRSiT (Wayne Wild and Daniel) are looking at a fan buy out. The Ians are looking at an investment based purchse (with rich backers).

Different ethos?

Today, some have been interviewed for Indian press and papers. Previously, we've had people asked to comment for the Economic Times of India.

I'm sure we could kick up enough of a fuss to get them to sell. The British media has been very critical of them, so surely they can be brought onside to pressurize a sale?

I read that somewhere earlier, trouble is I have read some Indian articles. I read one yesterday suggesting that Britain was being racist towards Venkys and were unwilling to accept them because they were Indian.

Do you want facts or opinion?

Opinion: BRSiT (Wayne Wild and Daniel) are looking at a fan buy out. The Ians are looking at an investment based purchse (with rich backers).

Different ethos?

I guess. Surely the time has come for all Rovers fans that can make a difference to be pulling in the same direction to make something happen? Seems to me they'd all benefit from each others support.

Doubt it, Kamy's already said the interested party isn't THAT well off.

Said not got 'mega bucks'.

What is definition of 'mega bucks', a billionaire+ ?

If the new owners have little money, but have Rovers best interests at heart, that's fine by me.

I can see plenty of value for a fan / investor to quickly turn things around at Ewood and make a profit by selling the club on again to the right people in 2-3 years.

Andrew Cryer ‏ @CryerRovers

To see the most realistic alternative to venkys yet see tmrws lt - not bid but preparing one......

What a tease !

• Backroom

I hope it's Vince McMahon

But seriously not getting any hopes up as I only think they'd sell for silly money

I hope it's Vince McMahon

But seriously not getting any hopes up as I only think they'd sell for silly money

If someone has you by the b@lls and the eyes are watering, anything can happen ;)

Problem is that Venkys still have to want to sell. They have just declared their "love" for Rovers and said that the club is not for sale.

Actually, these words make believe that a credible bid may be forthcoming. They say nothing for months, only to come out and say we won't sell. Perhaps their stakinge out a starting point for negotiations?

If the new owners have little money, but have Rovers best interests at heart, that's fine by me.

Absolutely.

And the first goal should be preventing a further relegation, which is in the cards if Kean stays on.

Archived