BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you, just to clarify that my comments were related to his initial period with us. I was looking through my 'over worn' nostalgia glasses!

Nostalgia is all any of us have got to hang on to at the moment. It shouldn't be allowed to colour our judgement though, he'll bring nothing to the club other than be a nodding dog for Kean.

Nostalgia is all any of us have got to hang on to at the moment. It shouldn't be allowed to colour our judgement though, he'll bring nothing to the club other than be a nodding dog for Kean.

I'm not sure that's all he'll bring, I think he might also be good at riling up our own fans and could become quite confrontational with them.

He will also increase the blood alcohol content at the club.

I wonder if he will actually be performing three roles. Assistant manager/driver/bodyguard. That was a problem with Black, he only wanted to be assistant manager. He didn't have that get up and go attitude.

God I'm depressed

Although it's a total no-goer from the start, Craig Short would be a much better kind of addition. Big Col was more about passion and effort, Short was calm, controlled and methodical and I think he could teach much more.

Like Dunn, Hendry sold his soul for a bag of silver to the Venkeans, his comments show no respect for the club or the fans who provided him a very lavish lifestyle for many years, there is no way I would want this mercenary back at Ewood.

just read up a little on what hendry has said

"It's been a difficult time for him. He's handled himself with extreme dignity.

"It is a minority that's campaigning, having all these demonstrations about what should happen.

"By far and away the majority are behind the team and behind the manager, all they want to do is see survival, over what's happened this season and how it's gone, they just want their team to survive."

after reading that, the conclusion I draw is, idiot.

I think it would be good to see Braveheart back at Ewood during these tough times. In saying that, if he's just a paid mantle piece to support Kean using Hendry's history I wouldn't be a fan.

A friend of mine got speaking to Hendry in private last week, without even prompting anything Hendry told him he would love to get back involved with the club. Maybe he was hinting? Or maybe he feels our plight and wants to do something positive (i hate using that word).

I think it would be good to see Braveheart back at Ewood during these tough times. In saying that, if he's just a paid mantle piece to support Kean using Hendry's history I wouldn't be a fan.

A friend of mine got speaking to Hendry in private last week, without even prompting anything Hendry told him he would love to get back involved with the club. Maybe he was hinting? Or maybe he feels our plight and wants to do something positive (i hate using that word).

Or maybe he is after money?

"Feels our plight " ? More like feels an empty bank account that needs re-filling !

Or maybe he's broke and unemployed?

Having gone out of his way to suck up to Kean in recent weeks it seems obvious that Hendry is angling for assistant manager's job and may already have it for all I know.

He is a genuine Rovers legend as a player but his image is tarnished by his alleged conduct towards a generous neighbour and his abysmal record as a manager. Throw in his drinking and it becomes a no-brainer

Kean and Hendry---------a marriage made in Heaven.

Fond memories of Hendry as a tower at the back for Rovers.

I hope that's how that it stays. Ive heard lots about him as a person off the field. If he stoops to hooking up with W#nker Kean,

he will be just another parasite sucking the lifeblood out of Rovers.

Keep away Hendry - Show Venkys your Arse.

It really saddens me when Rovers fans have a go at Hendry. He typified the spirit of our greatest team in living memory. He gave 100% every game and was !00% Rovers.

Poor bloke has had a terrible time in recent years and events in his personal life may have affected his judgement. He will always be up there with my other Rovers heroes.

Having said all that, I would not have him back at Rovers. I think he would be coming back to Rovers for all the wrong reasons. Sad really. :(

I agree that Colin Hendry should be nowhere near the Rovers.

He may have been a skilled footballer, but his comments and behaviors over recent years are more indicative of poor character more than poor judgement, in my opinion.

We have enough chancers involved with the club. Hendry was a legendary player for the club but, ultimately, sold us out to go to Rangers at the worst possible time. We never recovered from that departure in our relegation season.

The only reason he would join the club would be to use his "legendary" reputation to bolster the regime AGAINST the fans.

It would be a despicable move from him if it happened.

Stay a legend Big Col, stay away from this circus.

Colin Hendry backs Coco Kean Fact = Colin Hendry end of hero worship from the 90's

Colin Hendry failed manager in Scotland Fact = Coco's stooge.

Colin Hendry skint Fact = taking the ###### out of the Rovers fans if he works for Coco Kean

Colin Hendry joining Coco = Disaster.

Colin Hendry losses status with Rovers fans if he works with Coco Kean FACT END OF

Let's not forget that a lot of Colin's problems began with the tragic death of his wife.

A lot of Hitlers problems began with the tragic death of his mother,it didn't make him, a good appointment.

No excuse, T4E. :angry2:

WOW...

Colin Hendry is entitled to his own opinion, it does not belittle the service hes given to this club. arnt people allowed to have opinion that arnt totally the extremist views some on here are starting to develop here..

Accept his very difficult situation with his wife, however, I know people who have had to go through similar tragedies and handled it superbly, showing real character. Hendry's circumstances are not unique.

@Mercerman your comments on how people deal with bereavement, really poor comments,It none of your business how people deal with there PERSONAL bereavement. sickening :angry:

I for one would welcome him back at this club in a flash..

Archived