BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry - An Asset?

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know enough to judge

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What coaching experience has Hendry got? Does he even have his "badges"? They don't prove much but at least show a guy is serious and not just wandering in for a pay packet and a bit of banter. I doubt that Hendry is even at square one when it comes to experience or qualifications. But that's football among the less successful clubs- it's you know and who buys the rounds.....

What coaching experience has Hendry got? Does he even have his "badges"? They don't prove much but at least show a guy is serious and not just wandering in for a pay packet and a bit of banter. I doubt that Hendry is even at square one when it comes to experience or qualifications. But that's football among the less successful clubs- it's you know and who buys the rounds.....

I don't know for a fact but he managed Clyde up here so he must surely have badges?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

glen mullan ‏@glen9mullan

Kean starts charm offensive with appointment of Hendry to coaching staff, trying to get a little more clarification but being alledged

:rolleyes: great.

I don't know for a fact but he managed Clyde up here so he must surely have badges?

I can say this with 100% certainty, Hendry managed a young friend of mine at Clyde, a young Scottish/Mallorcin lad, he tells me he rates Colin highly, was a great manager and coach and only Denises illness forced him to quit!!

Okay, it's in the realms of If My Auntie Had Balls but... if Kean was moved to Academy Director, and Colin Hendry was made manager, would anyone renew?

Or have Colin's sycophantic comments towards Kean, and alleged debt issues tainted him too much?

Un-friggen-believable,you really would think these owners would start to learn from past mistakes,another cheap gamble,goes to show how serious they are about getting back into the premiership.If this is their statement of intent we are a few short years away from being a non league club. :angry:

I can say this with 100% certainty, Hendry managed a young friend of mine at Clyde, a young Scottish/Mallorcin lad, he tells me he rates Colin highly, was a great manager and coach and only Denises illness forced him to quit!!

He was crap at Blackpool, that aside do we need another drunken, lying manipulator to assist Coco's mission.

• Backroom

Okay, it's in the realms of If My Auntie Had Balls but... if Kean was moved to Academy Director, and Colin Hendry was made manager, would anyone renew?

Or have Colin's sycophantic comments towards Kean, and alleged debt issues tainted him too much?

I haven't got a ST so not like I can answer the question properly, but if it were me it wouldn't change my mind at all. I imagine some would see it as a positive step and renew, though.

He was crap at Blackpool, that aside do we need another drunken, lying manipulator to assist Coco's mission.

Not saying I would be happy with the appointment, just a statement from an ex player he managed!!

Oh God, not Colin Hendry as well. Dislike him with a passion. The managerial dream team of Kean and Hendry... Urgh. I'm sure they will connect on many levels and get on like a house of fire, because they're both, IMO, [censored] [censored].

No kean totally gone from the club and having any influence on anything at the club might just tempt me, but it woul depend on who they replaced him with. hendry, no. And preferably i'd like rid of the whole lot of them before I'd be guaranteed to renew. A couple of weeks ago just Kean would have done, but that ridiculous " we're confused " interview confirmed my decision not to renew and raised the stakes - I'll need a lot more convincing to renew than before.

Guest SuperAgentJB

Batten down the hatches! I actually thought they were going to sack him and hire a decent manager. They've been doing such a good job so far and everything...

Cue the "save your legacy Colin, show Steve Kean your ass" twitter movement

Hendry story is old.

At the moment everything is on "hold". Kean future is still in the air as regards staying on as manager, it'll be decided by Mrs D whenever she is ready to do so.

Complete ridiculous situation but then with Venky's this has become par for the course.

At the moment everything is on "hold". Kean future is still in the air as regards staying on as manager, it'll be decided by Mrs D whenever she is ready to do so.

I wonder if that will be before the season starts

Archived