BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bolton

£100m of debt....Manager safe.....ALL about what the owners decides to do

Not many assets to sell...Maybe Holden (Promised he will stay), Lee, Reo-coker and maybe Mark Davies. Apart from those 4....not many you would even look at.

Miyachi, Boyatta, Tuncay all only on loan.

Klasnic, Knight, Robinson, Rickets, Jääskeläinen, Sean Davies, Gardner & Blake all out of contracts.

Looking at todays team.....That leaves them with (if you take away those best 4 players & lose those out of contract/ loan)

---------------Bodgan-----------------

---? ----Ream ---- ? ------Alonso-----

Eagles - Vela ---- ? ------- ? -------

------K Davies -- N'Dog --------------

Others -

Wheater (Out for 9 months)

Sordell

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just got back from the BWFC player of the year awards at the breezeblock, (I have to go because of work). Speaking to a number of Notlob fans and they appeared to be less positive than we are (honest)! There are so many players out of contract they only expect 9 full time pro's to be left before they sign players up. They also believe Coyle is as poor as Kean, (I put them right on that!).

Are we actually better off financially? Won't be that great next season when we don't get £50m from sky....

They are £90m in debt. We are £0-£20m, depending on who you believe. I know what I'd prefer... Bolton aren't getting that money either you know.

As for the original question; as long as Kean is here there will be a dozen Championship clubs better placed for a return.

We'll be lucky if we can compete with the likes of Leicester, Hull, Cardiff, Birmingham, and a very strong Charlton side who some are backing to compete for consecutive promotions. We have been left by the current shower of morons in management with a weird mix of very young inexperienced players, and flashy 'marquee' players unsuited to the solid grind of championship football. We need good solid working midfielders. I think we'll suffer as a bottom half of the table side once our 'quality' departs over the summer (Yak, Hoilett, Martin O, Nzonzi). Over the course of the season next year, I can see Dann and Orr getting chewed up, spat out and flattened by soild grafters like Danny Drinkwater and Peter Whittingham.

Hate to say it, but i think the pigs have much better chance of bouncing back than we do.

Apart from here & the turd, Eric`s a very popular manager. Other managers (& press) like him....that`s why they like to loan him players (Wilshire & Sturridge etc...) They see a purpose in sending their young starlets to Eric to learn & get better. That`s a definite plus for the piggies.

What have we got? A tactically inept puppet put in place by idiots. Do you think the Fergies & Wengers of this world would want to send their starlets out on loan here? I think not.

I think people underestimate the size of boltons problems

£90m in debt and 14 either out of contract or going back off loan

Although I can't see many of their players being in demand

Exactly.

Bolton dont have a great record of producing young players, which would be vital (due to their crippling debts).

Running up debts like that is outrageous. I have no sympathy for them.

About time they got some dodgy refereeing against them, an all!

Can’t see Bolton challenging, BUT, I can’t see Rovers challenging either. Unless the owners completely change character, invest in the club emotionally and financially, replace Kean, restructure the Ewood Admin, etc...

Bolton and its not even close.

Bolton by far have the superior manager, Coyle is proven at that level and has got a side promoted before. Bolton's debt is owed to their owner, not banks.

Coyle had 1 great season in the CCC - and he's failed awfully at Bolton. The key wlll come down to which players you can both keep - and which you can bring in. Some biggish teams next season with Leicester looking like they still have cash, Leeds starting to look a prospect under Warnock, Seff Weds coming up, Forest possibly over their wobbles relegated teams obviously and I'd expect boro to improve. Im assuming West Ham will go up but they may also still be there. As ever you can never be sure but it looks a tough league. For the record I think Burnley will struggle to be top half, might even be fighting the drop.

I think people underestimate the size of boltons problems

£90m in debt and 14 either out of contract or going back off loan

Although I can't see many of their players being in demand

The figures I've read put the debt at over 100 million. The owner I read somewhere charges around 10% PA on this. Not sure how long that can be sustained outside the Prem - I'd guess he won't be looking to increase his 'investment'

Longsiders - not nice to say but i also think your guys are a lot better set for next season than us

From cost base point of view possibly but over all not. You have full parachute payment so can easily pay more than we can. We look like relying largely on youth for our squad members, really anticipating a tough season for us - but I guess one benefit of never having had the investment is tough seasons are pretty much what we have every year.

From cost base point of view possibly but over all not. You have full parachute payment so can easily pay more than we can. We look like relying largely on youth for our squad members, really anticipating a tough season for us - but I guess one benefit of never having had the investment is tough seasons are pretty much what we have every year.

Cos parachute payments are paid over a few seasons (4?) you'll still be getting something won't you? You can be just about certain that parachute money will be disappearing over the horizon in an Indian direction without touching Blackburn, as will any (limited) income from transfers. So our squads will be very similar I reckon, and we too will rely heavily on youth. Oh yes, and you have a manager and board who take some sort of interest in the club. So if Burnley are going to struggle......

1337015430[/url]' post='1263460']

Cos parachute payments are paid over a few seasons (4?) you'll still be getting something won't you? You can be just about certain that parachute money will be disappearing over the horizon in an Indian direction without touching Blackburn, as will any (limited) income from transfers. So our squads will be very similar I reckon, and we too will rely heavily on youth. Oh yes, and you have a manager and board who take some sort of interest in the club. So if Burnley are going to struggle......

Think we get 8 million, so yes will help but our budgets have had to be slashed. Overall it is the right thing, it's about having a club long term.

We are still waiting to hear who our new chairman is going to be and that is some cause for concern. If you can hold onto some of your Premier League squad I'd anticipate you being more competitive than us, but footballs a funny old game so we can always hope to reset that clock.

but footballs a funny old game so we can always hope to reset that clock.

At this present time LS there is no hope about it - its a certainty.

Will be a season to show whether your manager is actually worth his salt - I think you lot may be surprised ( remembering this is an outsider viewpoint)

IMO you have a decent enough manager - depends on the Kilby replacement influence, and teamwise injuries (key players) and if you actually bring anybody else in.

Neither club will bounce back. Relegation battle again for both is quite possible.

I agree. Both clubs are in a tailspin but for different reasons. Boltons future is not in Coyle's hands it's in the hands of Eddie Davies. He needs 10m pa out of Bolton to finance the debt they owe him. That will probably exceed their total income without taking the parachute payments into consideration. Don't know how they are going to attract good players but if they don't get them and don't come straight back up they could easily be on the road to oblivion.

Allardyce has been a very difficult man to replace for both clubs and his value to such clubs could not be highlighted more than by events this season. I guess most previous Allardyce haters would agree if only they could ever bring themselves to admit they were completely wrong in their judgement and irrational vilification of the bloke.

What odds on the three B's for relegation next season? It's not impossible.

Bolton may have some serious money problems, they were due to repay £30m to their benefactor and with relegation there might be some serious financial implications for them. A neighbour of my partner is a massive winkers fan and he claims that as from next month Bolton will only have 9 first teamers on the books, 2 have already left and a further 12 are out of contract. They have already lost 6 players from the reserve/academy list and are looking to promote a number of players from reserve into the first team squad for next season.

They have serious problems and have spent way beyond their means according to Gartside who is now trying to halve the wage bill for next season.

I would think that as we stand both Rovers and Bolton could easily be a favourite for relegation next season.

I think that Goodwillie, Petrovic, Bunn/Kean, Hanley, Lowe, Orr will all be very good in the Championship, also it is more Marcus Olsson's level too. Rochina would be key and would be an absolute match winner - but I think he will go, Formica would also be class in that league (but I think he'll be off too).

We need a no nonsense grafter in the middle - the soon to be sacked Joey Barton would be ideal - and we really need some more physical presence throughout the squad.

I don't expect another relegation battle and think that we will finish between 2nd and 7th.

Archived