BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Avram Grant

Not sure he's the type of manager we need. We really need someone who will get the best out of the current squad as I can't see a new manager actually having anything to spend. Need a motivator and someone with knowledge of the league.

I've always thought he is useless and I stand by that.

Looked out of his depth at Chelsea, looked lost and unable at West Ham and made a right good mess at Portsmouth.

He's a nice chap, (Even though he looks like Baron Greenback from Dangermouse... It's not nice chaps that we need, it's a ruthless taskmaster who knows how to build a squad, motivate players and win football matches... someone in the Souness or Hughes mould.

This won't happen though, we're going to either be stuck with Agent Keanoid the brainwashed saint or whoever does come in will be another yes man who knows how to tell massive porkies... We'll be away at Preston in 2 seasons time, who knows, we could even be playing Stanley if they get promoted!!!

Not as bad as Kean and let's face it he had mitigating circumstances at Pompey but his time at West Ham was catastrophic.

I'm sure there are other managers around that could do a better job.

That said, a tadpole could run the club better than baldilocks.

In all Honesty I wouldn’t mind Grant as manager, compared to KEAN, looking at his record in the Barclays Prem league.

Yes he has not won trophies but he has got his team consistently performing well and picking up results. He has been League runner up twice; he has been to Champs League final and League Cup final with Chelsea and was director of football at Portsmouth when they went to FA Cup final.

I’m not saying that he would be the manager of the decade or anything but would certainty give us more of chance than if we keep KEAN.

If , and that’s a big if (and I hope that not), But if Venkys are going to keep rovers then we are not going to attract a manager of the calibre that we would all like, however Grant would give us some football back into our football club and a bit of tactical knowledge within the management team.

However on the other hand if we are going to be taken over then this appointment would be disastrous for us.

I am 50/50 all depending on how the situation of the owners of the club turns out.

KEAN OUT AND VENKYS OUT

I've always thought he is useless and I stand by that.

Looked out of his depth at Chelsea, looked lost and unable at West Ham and made a right good mess at Portsmouth.

Ouch, I'm not a fan but at Chelsea, only for a John Terry slip they could have won the European cup. And at Portsmouth he didn't manage for a full season, they were deducted points and he took them to a cup final. Fans liked him!

Awful for West Ham though.

this is why media outlets think were idiots and to be fair they are right we cant demand kean out then moan at the replacement!I have two questions 1)what do you expect venkys to do?they are not going to employ a manager we think is any good they havnt done anything right so why would they start now and 2)who in their right mind would work for venkys?no respectful quality manager will so dont see what you all expect to get? I am protesting for kean out because he is destroying our club as long as he goes I dont care. Grant would be fine with me two different kicks and he would of won the double with chelsea

I think kean has to go an an entire new board put in place before even looking for a new manager, A new manager should be targeted and hired by a new head chairman with the venkys having as little say as possible unless one of them takes the job on a permant basis and moves their ass over here.

I think kean has to go an an entire new board put in place before even looking for a new manager, A new manager should be targeted and hired by a new head chairman with the venkys having as little say as possible unless one of them takes the job on a permant basis and moves their ass over here.

simples!

couldnt agree more, like the rest of us. tough job trying to convince a bunch of nutjobs though.

I think as this is the most difficult league to get out of we now need a manager with experience of the championship my choices would be

Alan Curbishley

Graeme Souness

with Tugay as no.2 to either either of those 2 would be the logical choice to get straight back both have experience of the lower leagues & both can operate on a shoe string budget and both have the ability to get the best out of their players but this is Venkys they don't do logical.

Archived