BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chumpionship 12/13

Every time I have seen Goodwillie he comes accross as a pretty poor player IMO, he has to be one of the slowest players I have seen in any shirt never mind the Rovers one. I guess it has not helped having the tactical genius of Kean in charge and shoving him on the wing, given his pace, tackling, passing and especially his crossing are pretty poor.

Hopefully Kean has gone and we may yet find that some of the players he and SEM purchased are useful, a season of playing the lads in their actual positions may be useful (Lowe, Orr, Dunn, MGP, Petrovic, Rochina, Formica, Simon etc etc etc.. all got played out of position last season)... was half expecting the genius to try Robinson on the wing, would not of suprised me one bit.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But clure, Jarvis and Fletcher scored 20 goals and wolves as a team scored quite a few less than us I think so they probably contributed a larger percentage of their teams goals. They'll both be off I would have thought.

Bolton have released pretty much their entire team. They will struggle.

Just checked and wolves scored 40 and we scored 48 so it would appear the percentage of goals from the two top scorers was identical.

That might be a good idea for Rovers to do !!!

Start from scratch with a competent manager..

Or, instead of a clear-out, you employ a manager who can get the best out of what you've got, ala Bobi Di-Matt. Quite a turnaround don't you think?

Or, instead of a clear-out, you employ a manager who can get the best out of what you've got, ala Bobi Di-Matt. Quite a turnaround don't you think?

You think Rovers would have a chance of coaxing a Champions League winner?

I know you're a Preston fan on the wind up but effing hell?

That might be a good idea for Rovers to do !!!

Start from scratch with a competent manager..

Personally I think getting whatever players we have, to be fit, would go a long way to putting us into a position to contend for promotion. The general slowness, lack of control, and losing physical challanges, we had this season, came (I think)from a lack of fitness, Goodwillie being a prime example.

You think Rovers would have a chance of coaxing a Champions League winner?

I know you're a Preston fan on the wind up but effing hell?

You're right, I am, but not in my last post. I meant akin to what Bob did at Chelsea, not getting Bob himself.

We've ended up with a manager who's cleaning the decks completely, and I fear it will end in tears like with Fergie jnr. He (DF) forced out Chaplow for pittance and now he's in the Prem with Soton. Imagine if Fergie Jnr was a good man manager instead of a giant ego like himself and Westley. Players are assets, and good man managers should be able to work with the company's assets.

That's what I was trying to say Clith, no fishing rod in hand today...yet.

You're right, I am, but not in my last post. I meant akin to what Bob did at Chelsea, not getting Bob himself.

We've ended up with a manager who's cleaning the decks completely, and I fear it will end in tears like with Fergie jnr. He (DF) forced out Chaplow for pittance and now he's in the Prem with Soton. Imagine if Fergie Jnr was a good man manager instead of a giant ego like himself and Westley. Players are assets, and good man managers should be able to work with the company's assets.

That's what I was trying to say Clith, no fishing rod in hand today...yet.

Sorry mate, I misread that post to be honest.

I know you lot are in a very ###### situation yourselves but imagine if Darren Ferguson was the one who took you down, still had the gig come next season except in a stronger position than his previous role and the owners showed no remorse whatsoever, not even a simple sorry for the massive errors they've made, and continued to employ a retard to send you further towards non league football.

It will happen, we'll be playing you next season, as for the season after that, god knows.

You think you lot have it bad, just you wait!

Does anybody know or has it been discussed how the Championships new financial fair play measure will affect the team?

I think it affects the amount if money owners are allowed to put into the club.

Don't fret though, we won't have that problem...

The last time Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton and Blackpool were all in the same division was in the old 2nd division in the 1977-78 season.

For the record, Bolton won the division, Blackpool were relagated,and we finished 5th. As for our record against the other three, we lost 5 out of 6 games. Our only victory was at turf moor!

Personally I think getting whatever players we have, to be fit, would go a long way to putting us into a position to contend for promotion. The general slowness, lack of control, and losing physical challanges, we had this season, came (I think)from a lack of fitness, Goodwillie being a prime example.

You have a point there , lack of fitness was certainly an issue ..

Goodwillie is very poor , need to go down to div 1 for he Dann and Petrovic to find their level....

Dann looks an unbelievably terrible player but he didn't at Birmingham. I mean I didn't see too much of him but when I did I was certainly impressed with him and Roger Johnson's partnership. The "tactics" in our games wouldn't of helped but Samba, Givet and Hanley all seemed to manage fine mostly, it's just I think Dann (and Johnson) are similar players to Lescott and Terry in that they need the right centre back beside them. This is why I think Dann wanted to make sure Samba was staying before he signed. I would still be worried with him in the Championship tho.....a lot more teams play long ball and I feel heading is definitely one of the weakest areas of his game.

With Goodwillie and Petrovic everyone needs an extended run in the team.....Petrovic was new to this division and style of football and so this is why he looked so terrible at the start....I think it was Ooijer who also played pretty badly when he 1st came altho admittedly not quite as bad as Petrovic.......once Petrovic was given a run in the team he had started to impress me (round the time of Everton away) altho since we got smashed by Arsenal I don't think he played again till recently against Norwich when he impressed me again......would love for him to stay.

Goodwillie in the league was only played on the wing or up front on his own where he isn't suited.....his game, like Kalinic, relies on link up play with a fellow striker and he wasn't suited to holding the ball up.......I think he would be a really good player next year as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Venky1: What're the pre-season plans?

Venky2: What's pre-season?

Venky1: What're plans?

Te you, te me

chuckles_new.jpg

I do wish people woudl stop maligning the chuckle brothers. They are mad keen football fans and are also really nice blokes, unlike our pair who know nothing about football and look thoroughly unpleasnat.

A friend of mine got to meet them once, said they were really leathery and stank of fags.

My daughter went to Paul's (I think, although it could have been Barry's because i don't know which is which) house to interview them and said they were very nice to interview. can't remember what she said about their smoking habits but ok guys

Archived