BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season Friendlies

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in a few years time we could be playing them in the league. I wonder how Keano will cope in league 2, maybe that will be his level?

I cannot believe he is claiming getting promotion as a coach with fulham as enough experience to take a club he relegated back up as manager. Cloud keano land

Wonder what his contribution was at Fulham?

Keano could have the experience of Ferguson and he'd still be pants as he has the ability of a moldy turd.

Collecting cones? giving out bibs? getting the balls signed for raffles?

Its all part of the Kean masterplan!!!

Play anyone half decent we will lose. Kean will expect wins against all the teams we are playing and therefore boost his win %age which will be used as evidence with the Venky crew to keep his job!!!

A plan by Kean ? ?

We will lose then !

And in a few years time we could be playing them in the league. I wonder how Keano will cope in league 2, maybe that will be his level?

Lower pub league Sunday morning is too good for a bellend

He was allegedly shagging that al fed dude

Just to confirm that a Rovers 11 will be playing against Westfields in Hereford on 25th July. As the first team will also be down here for the week it may be a half decent team out (as long as we have a half decent team left by then).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else heard of a four team tournament at Deepdale this pre-season, including our nearest neighbours from the Chumpionship (your good selves), to mark the historical Preston Guild? The other clubs mentioned are Hearts and AK Athens.

I got a text about this over a week ago, but as yet nothing official has been confirmed. Pre-season starts soon and so far our pre-season consists of games against Fleetwood, Accrington and Rochdale :blink:

Who was it who said these are exciting times to be a Rovers fan?!?! :mellow:

I got a text about this over a week ago, but as yet nothing official has been confirmed. Pre-season starts soon and so far our pre-season consists of games against Fleetwood, Accrington and Rochdale :blink:

Who was it who said these are exciting times to be a Rovers fan?!?! :mellow:

I heard that we might be facing FC United as well - can't wait, eh? :( Did you hear that, too, Fernhurst?

• Backroom

Had a message from someone I know at PSG saying that we had spoken about playing a pre-season game against them, but no idea if that is actually going to come to anything.

Hopefully an opportunity for Venkys to discuss a sale to the PSG owners :P

The reserves are playing them at Stalybridge pre-season...

From FC United's website:

Breaking with our traditional programme of all friendlies being played away, FC United will be hosting a ’home’ friendly against a Blackburn Rovers XI at Bower Fold on Wednesday 1st August.

FC United Board member Alison Watt said: "We’re hoping to get a large crowd down to Bower Fold for this game against such prestigious opponents. We know it won’t be a full strength first team, but Blackburn Rovers will definitely be the highest level English team to play against FC United so far."

Alison continued: "Blackburn are sending the team entirely at their own cost. They didn’t want the usual 50-50 split and aren’t even asking for travelling expenses, so FC United will benefit from all the profit from this game. We’re grateful for Blackburn’s generosity and I hope this interesting fixture will attract a very good attendance."

Put the date in your diary and get down to Stalybridge for this rare home friendly.

Further details of the game will be published nearer the time.

23-05-2012 at 13:06

From FC United's website:

Breaking with our traditional programme of all friendlies being played away, FC United will be hosting a ’home’ friendly against a Blackburn Rovers XI at Bower Fold on Wednesday 1st August.

FC United Board member Alison Watt said: "We’re hoping to get a large crowd down to Bower Fold for this game against such prestigious opponents. We know it won’t be a full strength first team, but Blackburn Rovers will definitely be the highest level English team to play against FC United so far."

Alison continued: "Blackburn are sending the team entirely at their own cost. They didn’t want the usual 50-50 split and aren’t even asking for travelling expenses, so FC United will benefit from all the profit from this game. We’re grateful for Blackburn’s generosity and I hope this interesting fixture will attract a very good attendance."

Put the date in your diary and get down to Stalybridge for this rare home friendly.

Further details of the game will be published nearer the time.

Interesting ... never been to Bower Fold. Thought they still played their home games at Gigg Lane.

Interesting ... never been to Bower Fold. Thought they still played their home games at Gigg Lane.

Bower fold (Stalybridge Celtics Ground)is one of seven grounds used for home matches until their new stadium in Moston is built!!

Bower fold (Stalybridge Celtics Ground)is one of seven grounds used for home matches until their new stadium in Moston is built!!

Moston eh ..... much nearer their Newton Heath birthplace than their big brrother pretenders over in Salford!

Archived