BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial boycott

I feel this is the only answer, the only way to get rid of the fools running this club. Not a single penny more in any way until change at the very top is made.

I have reason to believe the figure for ST renewals given by the LT is actually 2,000 more than the real number after direct debits have been cancelled.

If you can prove that - please pass onto Andy Cryer as it is the clearest sign yet what the Venky's reticence to sack Kean is doing to the club.

I have reason to believe the figure for ST renewals given by the LT is actually 2,000 more than the real number after direct debits have been cancelled.

Ha ha.....everyone wanted it to be 3000 or less, they were proven wrong and its 5-6000 as I suggested when the deadline ended. Now we have lost another 2000??? Sorry but unless you have any evidence I believe this post to be bullsh!t and more lies/ assumptions.

Plenty of bad news around as it is, without naughty rumours being started.

Ha ha.....everyone wanted it to be 3000 or less, they were proven wrong and its 5-6000 as I suggested when the deadline ended. Now we have lost another 2000??? Sorry but unless you have any evidence I believe this post to be bullsh!t and more lies/ assumptions.

Ha ha yourself Hughesy - even the best case estimates of season ticket sales confirm that the numbers are a small fraction of what was sold last year. Combine this with the data from several surveys, including the independent ING one, and you have confirmation that the Venkys / Kean combination is going to be a further car crash for the Rovers next season. Anyone who thinks the club will be in anything except a desperate state should there fail to be a regime change, is clearly and sadly deluded.

:rover:

The only thing that sticks in my mind Hughesy, is you saying that everyone that you knew had renewed.

Why gloat about 5000 ST's being sold, when in all likelihood that figure isn't going to go much higher? That's a terrible number. I think the fans who suggested poor ST sales have got it spot on, while your suggestion that there wasn't going to be any revolt is being proven well wide of the mark.

So this 3 million shortfall would mean what?

They'll sell up? Or they just sell another player, make more cut backs?

Some people will ALWAYS renew, without question, people on here need to grasp that fact.

Our fans deserve nothing but praise for the way they've gone about things this last year and the ones that have renewed (I haven't yet by the way, before I get branded a Rovers Fan :rolleyes: ) don't deserve abuse.

I really cant answer that matty. To any other business an opportunity to gain 3m would be a top priority but who knows with these guys. They clearly are happy with what they make i their 'expert' field. And lets face it imo all they need to do is oust sk to get at least half back on board.

Last paragragh agree 100%

Sad state of affairs when supporters are happy to see ticket sales slump. It is not an exaggeration to say that the events of the past 20 months have done more damage to Rovers than at any time in its long history. Certainly the mood among the public is worse than the aftermath of the 1960 Cup Final debacle - and that was bad enough. Venky's have set back our club more than 30 years and we are now possibly in a worse position on and off the field than at any time since the lows of the 1970s.

Because people always will, to call them 'stupid' or 'collabarators' is out of order.

If losing 10000 ST holders means nowt to them, what will losing 15000 do?

If they want to give money to a club that continues to stick up two fingers to the fans and show them no respect whatsoever then that's their prerogative.

Because people always will, to call them 'stupid' or 'collabarators' is out of order.If losing 10000 ST holders means nowt to them, what will losing 15000 do?

It simply has to be one of the two, it cant be neither, business is making every penny count, each opportunity to increase revenue has to be made, they havent done any of those things, so they are either stupid or corrupt!

Ha ha.....everyone wanted it to be 3000 or less, they were proven wrong and its 5-6000 as I suggested when the deadline ended.

The fact that you can celebrate selling 5-6,000 season tickets says it all really. It just shows how far this club has fallen in the past eighteen months.

We have the cheapest season tickets in the country and we still can't sell them. One suspects that Ewood Park will be like a graveyard next season with few supporters in the ground and those that are I suspect will continue the protests against Venky's. Sadly, until the Indians go I really don't see any upturn in the club's fortunes.

One wonders how much the club are going to lose with reduced sales in the shop, poor take up of hospitality deals and reduction of sales of lottery tickets etc. Whilst it was not important in the Premier League one suspects that these sort of things are going to be more important in the Championship.

Indeed jim.

What too many on here don't realise is that a good chunk of that 8/9/10000 who don't renew will NEVER come back, whatever happens.

And for a club of our size that is devestating.

Of course its not positive for season ticket slumps. But its where the season ticket money is going where my worry is. If its going into the club - fine but i dont have every confidence in that so imo i feel the less renewals the better. Money in my pocket is better than theirs atm.

if there was no drop there would be no indication of a problem and they would have no reason to change their methods of 'running' the club

When are you actually going to get it?? Selling only 3k would be good news in that it shows the lack of support and total disdain for the current manager and owners. The more season ticket renewals, the easier it is for Kean to spin it as fans "seeing what wor trying to do", and the easier it is for him to cling on to his job.

The less renewals the better!

Archived