BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam calls his Lawyers

Guest SuperAgentJB

What ramifications does this have on the club? From the telegraph article it seems like he is starting a case against both kean and the club, presumably for wrongful dismissal?

Sam will be suing Coco Kean, if he also sues the club then that would be the Rao's who own the club, and should have no detriment to the town/Home of Blackburn Rovers (I hope)

Go for the lot of em Sam, Made my day

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Sam legally be able to sue someone who has said something without knowing they have been filmed?

What I've been told is that anyone can legally sue anyone for anything. If I called you a silly sausage. You could sue me but you'd get laughed out of court and have to pay the legal fees.

As it is, Sam Allardyce's name has been slandered in a public place to anyone who will listen by Steve Kean. And now as a consequence of that it's gone viral on the internet.

Kean stated Sam was a Crook, not that it was thought or his opinion, Kean stated a fact, I think Sam has been waiting and biding his time for this and the brains of Glasgow has played right into Sams hand!!

Come on Sam, finish the slimy turd off!!

From a poster on another MB, working in the legal profession:

As it was spoken, it's slander. In order to sue for slander you have to prove actual damage, (unlike libel in which damage is assumed); unless the slander falls into one of 4 catagories:

1. Where there is an allegation that the claimant has committed an imprisonable offence;

2. Where there is an imputation that the claimant is suffering from a contagious disease,

3. Where there is an imputation that a woman has committed adultery or otherwise behaved in an 'unchaste' fashion (I kid you not!).

4. Where there is an imputation that the claimant is unfit to carry on his trade, profession or calling.

This video possibly fits 1 and pretty much fits 4.

Kean will be sacked tomorrow. The Venkys are very unhappy about alot of things at the moment and promises from Steve Kean that havent gone through. But in some way Steve Kean has put blame on others and I believe its the end for Kean. There is no way he could keep his job. There is nothing POSITIVE for him to take with him to India. Its quite funny this video has appeared now and it comes at a great time.

From a poster on another MB, working in the legal profession:

As it was spoken, it's slander. In order to sue for slander you have to prove actual damage, (unlike libel in which damage is assumed); unless the slander falls into one of 4 catagories:

1. Where there is an allegation that the claimant has committed an imprisonable offence;

2. Where there is an imputation that the claimant is suffering from a contagious disease,

3. Where there is an imputation that a woman has committed adultery or otherwise behaved in an 'unchaste' fashion (I kid you not!).

4. Where there is an imputation that the claimant is unfit to carry on his trade, profession or calling.

This video possibly fits 1 and pretty much fits 4.

Interesting stuff. To be perfectly honest I don't think Kean has any kind of defense (pardon the pun) as the law doesn't tend to bend on such matters. Did he do it? YES. Alright pay up baldy.

Course Alan Nixon doesn't think so, he writes... "Is this the same legal action that was going to be taken against Panorama ... ? Stupid tape. Sums up Rovers this season."

What I've been told is that anyone can legally sue anyone for anything. If I called you a silly sausage. You could sue me but you'd get laughed out of court and have to pay the legal fees.

As it is, Sam Allardyce's name has been slandered in a public place to anyone who will listen by Steve Kean. And now as a consequence of that it's gone viral on the internet.

You Silly Sally ;):brfcsmilie:

Kean will have no support whatsoever from his colleagues over this and that's not because they will side with Sam. He has broken an unwritten rule here and that, to many is unforgivable.

Exactly. Regardless of anything else his role is now untenable IMO for that reason alone.

If I called you a silly sausage.

You Silly Sally

We're all hurting fellas but the language on here is (Please don't use that word again) disgraceful. We're not managers of a Championship football team remember.

It's just got a mention on SSN.

Was that the silly sausage remark or the Kean thing?

i simply cannot wait for the media to ask Kean to explain his comments, he will not know where to turn or anything!!!! hahahahahahaha

Ralf -no poster designed yet pal? Are you losing your touch? Ha ha!

In all of this mess I wonder what Keans advisors are saying to him? Anderson and Agnew should both be looking to help him present some sort of response to todays events. However as they are both as selfish and slimy as him they will both be busy trying to covers their own backsides so they cannot be implicated in any way.

At times like this eh wee man :D

In all of this mess I wonder what Keans advisors are saying to him? Anderson and Agnew should both be looking to help him present some sort of response to todays events. However as they are both as selfish and slimy as him they will both be busy trying to covers their own backsides so they cannot be implicated in any way.

At times like this eh wee man :D

Well your honour everybody knows I am a pathological liar .there is even a brfcs message board thread dedicated to the fact.so when I say "Sam is a crook" it's all a parody and what I really mean is he's a top manager

Taken from the Agnew book of spin which is commonly known as spagnew in the trade and his since become known as just "spew"!!!

Archived