• Created
  • Last Reply

Would be better if it was criminal charges:

Cheer up Stevie Kean

Oh what does it mean

To be a sad Scottish illegitimate

And jailhouse queen

Damn u swear filter

Interesting stuff. To be perfectly honest I don't think Kean has any kind of defense (pardon the pun) as the law doesn't tend to bend on such matters. Did he do it? YES. Alright pay up baldy.

Course Alan Nixon doesn't think so, he writes... "Is this the same legal action that was going to be taken against Panorama ... ? Stupid tape. Sums up Rovers this season."

I'd imagine anything said in a panorama program would have been sufficiently researched and thus present a greater risk of losing if you pursue them in court. Whether Kean has anything to back up his statement is another matter - looked like a lot of off the cuff bluster.

Just on the right to use video when someone doesn't know they are being filmed. As Sam didn't take the video I'd imagine he's got no issue, plus the statements were being made in what appears to be a public venue so I don't think he can use that as a defence strategy.

ahh yes, correct. i would think it is gross misconduct which in many companys is grounds for instant dismissal.fingers crossed!

This is a tricky one because, as far as I know, the contracts are not always constructed as 'contracts of employment', which are subject to some very specific rules and differ slightly to standard contract law. Whatever contract he has will undoubtedly contain termination clauses and, under normal circumstances, bringing the companies name into disrepute and damaging their reputation would be considered reasonable grounds for terminating a contract. Hard to be sure and, as ever, if this continues the only real financial winners will be the lawyers.

Stevie should plead 'insanity' and use his predictions of a Top 10 finish and the Carling Cup as evidence that he was not of sound mind when he made the 'crook' comment.

I think Kean would have a good case , if he pleaded insanity !

This is what I'm hoping for. Though to be honest does saying that Allardyce is a crook in a bar when he didn't know he is being filmed constitute serious misconduct which they could refuse to payout on? I doubt it. I suppose if Allardyce sues the club (rather than just Kean) that could swing it.

The phone would have had a flash on and was quite close. He would have known it was there.

• Moderation Lead

Nice one Allardyce! As someone said in the other thread, this is the litmus test- if Kean survives this, he'll survive anything.

There's clearly something amiss if he doesn't get potted.

Worst manager in our history

Convicted drink driver

Proven (time and again) liar

Got us relgated

And now slanderous backstabber

If Kean is not ousted in the next couple of days, in my opinion, based on the fact that our smug manager seems unsackable, I believe that Jerome Andersons/Sen/Kentaro's role at Rovers is much more than that of advisors and that this has to be kept under wraps to avoid other issues surfacing!!

As I say, simply my opinion but an honest one based upont what has happened.

Convicted drink driver

Got us relgated

I'm struggling to find the positives. I must be coming down with Andycryeritus.

The fact he is still manager of BRFC is nothing short of scandalous.

• Moderation Lead

If Kean is not ousted in the next couple of days, in my opinion, based on the fact that our smug manager seems unsackable, I believe that Jerome Andersons/Sen/Kentaro's role at Rovers is much more than that of advisors and that this has to be kept under wraps to avoid other issues surfacing!!

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Nice one Allardyce! As someone said in the other thread, this is the litmus test- if Kean survives this, he'll survive anything.

There's clearly something amiss if he doesn't get potted.

Convicted drink driver

Got us relgated

A truly awful individual indeed,this shytehouse is dragging this club and its proud name through the mud backwards! :angry2:

i think the LMA wil encourage Allardyce NOT to take it to court after all they are both managers and both members so both will have to be advised and supported equally , a public apology from Kean a "donation to a charity of Allardyce's choice" will be the most likely outcome ... What happens internally at Rovers could be anyone's guess , in the real world he would have been sacked after his drink driving conviction let alone his terrible managerial record but these are Venky's

i think the LMA wil encourage Allardyce NOT to take it to court after all they are both managers and both members so both will have to be advised and supported equally , a public apology from Kean a "donation to a charity of Allardyce's choice" will be the most likely outcome ... What happens internally at Rovers could be anyone's guess , in the real world he would have been sacked after his drink driving conviction let alone his terrible managerial record but these are Venky's

I think you are right about the LMA mate but I honestly think Sam will go for the jugular on this one. This is his chance to tell his side of the story whilst taking the man who stabbed him in the back down. He is one poisonous individual and I for one would love to see him squirming in court. In fact if it gets that far I would like to go and watch if anybody is up for it.

If Sam decides to proceed full steam ahead with this, are there any legal eagles on this message board who could give us an idea of what happens next and any timescales involved with preparing a case for court?

Not a chance.

Sam is reportedly spitting feathers. He's been called a crook and also his managerial abilities dissed, both of which could seriously impact upon future opportunities for him.

This is not handbags stuff but huge and serious.

You have to ask, is Kean not merely an employee but more a partner to Venkys if he doesnt get booted out now.

Not a chance.

Sam is reportedly spitting feathers. He's been called a crook and also his managerial abilities dissed, both of which could seriously impact upon future opportunities for him.

This is not handbags stuff but huge and serious.

Also he must be still royally ###### off at getting screwed by the Venkeans and this may be his one and only opportunity to give them a slap. The more Kean and Venkys are tortured by this, the happier I am :P

Not managed to get near a radio or TV today but heard about this through you wonderful people on here.

Anyway, I flicked on Top4-ksport on the way home from work for the 6pm news to get the latest and they get to the Rovers bit...

"Richard Scumadore says Venkys are fit and proper and Blackburn fans should just accept relegation and move on".

Well there you have it. In one succinct sentence, everything that is wrong with the media, with the Premier League, with the football authorities, with the fit and proper test, with Venkys, with football. Effin marvellous.

And not a single mention of the K word...

Not managed to get near a radio or TV today but heard about this through you wonderful people on here.

Anyway, I flicked on Top4-ksport on the way home from work for the 6pm news to get the latest and they get to the Rovers bit...

"Richard Scumadore says Venkys are fit and proper and Blackburn fans should just accept relegation and move on".

Well there you have it. In one succinct sentence, everything that is wrong with the media, with the Premier League, with the football authorities, with the fit and proper test, with Venkys, with football. Effin marvellous.

And not a single mention of the K word...

Scudamore was interviewed by Jeff Stelling on Sky today. It was at the PL awards and Stelling's first question was along the lines of "how proud are you that the Premier League is so competitive - any team can beat any other in this league"! Of course Scudamore loved that. I expected better of Stelling, but of course Scudamore is more than happy to field those ridiculous comments. Get down BRFC.

Archived