BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam calls his Lawyers

Guest SuperAgentJB

Whilst I'd love to see Kean get his come uppance I can't really see legally what Allardyce's complaint is. No specific allegation was made, calling someone a 'crook' is a bit ambiguous. Also the fact this was a hidden recording, whilst drunk and not a public sober comment will play in Kean's favour.

If simply slagging someone off or implying they're unethical was illegal, the panel members of Have I got News For You would be in court every week.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I'd love to see Kean get his come uppance I can't really see legally what Allardyce's complaint is. No specific allegation was made, calling someone a 'crook' is a bit ambiguous. Also the fact this was a hidden recording, whilst drunk and not a public sober comment I'm not sure what grounds Allardyce's lawyers have to sue.

If simply slagging someone off or implying they're unethical was illegal, the panel members of Have I got News For You would be in court every week.

No specific allegation? Allardyce was sacked from rovers because he was a crook, is fairly specific to me TB&W.

Not managed to get near a radio or TV today but heard about this through you wonderful people on here.

Anyway, I flicked on Top4-ksport on the way home from work for the 6pm news to get the latest and they get to the Rovers bit...

"Richard Scumadore says Venkys are fit and proper and Blackburn fans should just accept relegation and move on".

Well there you have it. In one succinct sentence, everything that is wrong with the media, with the Premier League, with the football authorities, with the fit and proper test, with Venkys, with football. Effin marvellous.

And not a single mention of the K word...

Is this a clear sign that the Footballing regulatary body for England is every bit as corrupt as it is in Scotland.

Whilst I'd love to see Kean get his come uppance I can't really see legally what Allardyce's complaint is. No specific allegation was made, calling someone a 'crook' is a bit ambiguous. Also the fact this was a hidden recording, whilst drunk and not a public sober comment will play in Kean's favour.

Hmmm. A bit of a difference in that they are making jokes on a satirical TV show. Kean was presenting a fact.

Though I do agree that putting myself in a judge's position I would find it hard to take seriously what someone said seemingly privately to private individuals while ###### in a bar. Can't see it really becoing a court case. But hopefully it will be enough to force Desai's hand.

Ambiguous is were the real fun lies. It could be fun if law students need to learn Kean v Allardyce in a few years :)

It may come as a surprise but everything that goes out on Have I Got News For You is scrutinized by a legal team first.

What Kean said was not.

The definition of crook is "swindler". What does swindler mean? "To cheat or defraud of money or property. To obtain by fraudulent means."

Pretty sure that's a specific allegation mate.

Hmmm. A bit of a difference in that they are making jokes on a satirical TV show. Kean was presenting a fact.

Though I do agree that putting myself in a judge's position I would find it hard to take seriously what someone said seemingly privately to private individuals while ###### in a bar. Can't see it really becoing a court case. But hopefully it will be enough to force Desai's hand.

People who type things on twitter have been slaughtered and in some cases jailed. Being drunk isn't an excuse. I also like the public interest route. The feedback on twitter has shown that the public certainly are interested.

Big Sam has found his reputation sullied (including the alleged lack of awareness of Phil Jones' ability) and will want to put the record straight. He might also want to make a point of it because of the circumstances.

Quite an ironic day: Special K's own BS may be enough to hang himself, and the compo paid to BS may foot the bill for the coffin nails.

Here's hoping!

No specific allegation? Allardyce was sacked from rovers because he was a crook, is fairly specific to me TB&W.

'Sam was sacked because he was pocketing agent fees from transfers' is a specific accusation, calling someone a crook isn't. According to the Oxford dictionary a crook is 'Dishonest or illegal', all he has to do is claim he meant dishonest. If calling someone a liar is grounds to sue, then anyone who has called Kean a lair on here must also be prepared to go to court.

Look, I'm only saying what his lawyer will say, I'm not defending the guy.

i think the LMA wil encourage Allardyce NOT to take it to court after all they are both managers and both members so both will have to be advised and supported equally , a public apology from Kean a "donation to a charity of Allardyce's choice" will be the most likely outcome ... What happens internally at Rovers could be anyone's guess , in the real world he would have been sacked after his drink driving conviction let alone his terrible managerial record but these are Venky's

Incorrect there my fellow rover, One IS a manager whilst the other is pretending to be a manager (badly as well), and to cap it all looking at the pages on here suddenly we are all lawyers ???

As Rene used to say, I'll say this only once, if Sam's lawyers pursue this then Coco without doubt has a case to answer, The LMA may try to intervene but I honestly think the way Sam was ousted lies bitter in his mind, this is his opportunity to hit back hard, that's what he did in his playing days, that's what I hope he does now.

'Sam was sacked because he was pocketing agent fees from transfers' is a specific accusation, calling someone a crook isn't. According to the Oxford dictionary a crook is 'Dishonest or illegal', all he has to do is claim he meant dishonest. If calling someone a liar is grounds to sue, then anyone who has called Kean a lair on here must also be prepared to go to court.

In the legal lexicon there are certain words you cannot use.

So you know Coco's lawyer do you.

So you know Coco's lawyer do you.

Will it be the same one that tried to defend him when he lied in court on the drink driving charge? You would think a picture is emerging to the outside world here(defined as outside Blackburn where we have endured this sh1te for too long)about our ''man of such integrity''..surely the end game beckons for this charlatan

Sams lawyers must think he has a very good case or they would have advised him not to pursue it. It is also about defamation (which means a false accusation) in this particular case.

The outcome is irrelevant.... The fact he will be dragged through the mud is, and should be enough to be binned. Everyone knows what he meant with the comments, whether that stands up in court or not.

Not to mention that hes burnt his bridges with every other manager in the game with his comments, and likely any other club. He should never work again in the game.

Without legal action it would have been no surprise to see the story vanish- relegated club's deluded manager spouts more claptrap, not much of a story.

However, I am slightly bemused that the story of a high profile manager suing a fellow mananger, his former coach no less who took his previous job in dubious circumstances, who has called him a 'crook' is not making more waves on Sky- the SEM effect?

Without legal action it would have been no surprise to see the story vanish- relegated club's deluded manager spouts more claptrap, not much of a story.

However, I am slightly bemused that the story of a high profile manager suing a fellow mananger, his former coach no less who took his previous job in dubious circumstances, who has called him a 'crook' is not making more waves on Sky- the SEM effect?

Sky love to show a lack of interest in Rovers. Doesn't help when they have dickheads like Jim White slagging the fans off all season for protesting against his lover.

Sky and Talksport are not the media. The broadsheets, twitter, tabloids, etc ...

How has it caused only a ripple when everyone has picked up on it and Sam is looking to sue Kean?

What are they then? they discuss and report sports news. All I am saying is its not the top headline, even now sam has indicated he is taking legal action its still behind will dalgleish, coyle staying put etc

Archived