BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam calls his Lawyers

Guest SuperAgentJB

I've read that Sam is determined that this will go to court. He clearly is very angry and wants to make as big an issue of it as he can. Also he will be able to put his side of it without fear of subsequent legal action.

That should be fun! He is suing both Kean and the club by the way. Sam's advice is that the club has breached the terms of the settlement contract where both sides agreed to confidentiality. So-Kean for slander, the club for breach of contract.

You know that the other side could be digging the dirt on big Sam, and hes probably now up against a bigger wider circle than just Kean and Venkys.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know that the other side could be digging the dirt on big Sam, and hes probably now up against a bigger wider circle than just Kean and Venkys.

I can only assume he's quite confident about that.

Can't see the legal battle coming to much, Sam obviously has to react strongly to someone insulting him just to maintain some credibility. But whether West Ham win on saturday or not, he'll have much more important things to concentrate on over the summer.

I'm more concerned with who the hell Kean thinks he is. If he could match even 10% of Allardyce's achievements at Rovers, I'd be astonished at how much he'd improved. Kean isn't fit to scrape the **** off Sam's boots, and the fact that such a pathetic failure thinks he's in a position to insult an actual real manager who's been in the game as long as Sam has, well it just shows that there is no end to the level of the Kean's delusions.

I sincerely think there is something mentally wrong with him.

Can't see the legal battle coming to much, Sam obviously has to react strongly to someone insulting him just to maintain some credibility. But whether West Ham win on saturday or not, he'll have much more important things to concentrate on over the summer.

I'm more concerned with who the hell Kean thinks he is. If he could match even 10% of Allardyce's achievements at Rovers, I'd be astonished at how much he'd improved. Kean isn't fit to scrape the **** off Sam's boots, and the fact that such a pathetic failure thinks he's in a position to insult an actual real manager who's been in the game as long as Sam has, well it just shows that there is no end to the level of the Kean's delusions.

I sincerely think there is something mentally wrong with him.

Could be moved "upstairs" at our club. It was mooted on here today. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. And we read it and accept it. Like that would be OK!? Sweet Baby Jesus and Mary Chain.

You'd think Sam wouldn't need the money to fund his tanning trips to Benidorm.

Needs an extension on Casa St James!

Seriously, if you're defamed it doesn't matter whether you're well off or not. You are entitled to justice. Don't make this about Sam, its nobody's direct fault but Kean's.

Hopefully Venky's will be getting sound legal advice from lawyers in the UK. One way or another, they are going to be the ones footing the legal bill from Keans indiscretion. The question will remain how can they avoid big bills and a day in court with everything dragged into the open. Sacking Kean may end up being the way out of a financial hole. They could possibly settle the impending case by throwing Kean to the wolves and dealing with the rest out of court leaving Kean to face the slander case alone. Something tells me Big Sam might not be happy with that though...

For purposes of the breach of contract claim, it doesn't matter if Sam is a crook or not. Reportedly, BRFC and (I assume) its agents agreed to remain silent, as did Sam. BRFC, through its agent, Kean, expressly or impliedly speaking on behalf of Mrs. D, broke the deal.

On that basis alone, I suspect Kean/BRFC will be paying Sam's lawyers. The slander claim is gravy and will, if nothing else, allow Sam to investigate the circumstances surrounding his sacking. His curiosity, and perhaps ours, will be satisfied. ;)

It will not get to court.

Sam smells money. It will be an out-of-court settlement to "the satisfaction of Sam which all comments fully withdrawn as untrue".

I hope not, and I see no reason why Sam shouldn't get it sorted out in court.

I should imagine Sam hated Kean's guts already after what is purported to have happened 18 months ago.

This would've ramped up the thermonuclear gauge a few notches.

Settling out of court would let lizard man off lightly.

to the legal experts out there ,hypothetically, what would happpen if venky's sacked Kean directly for his comments regarding Big Sam , apologised to Sam , and said words along the line of those views were Keans and not ours etc etc, would they have done enough to be in the clear ? and would Kean be then on his own to battle Big Sam in the courts?

For purposes of the breach of contract claim, it doesn't matter if Sam is a crook or not. Reportedly, BRFC and (I assume) its agents agreed to remain silent, as did Sam. BRFC, through its agent, Kean, expressly or impliedly speaking on behalf of Mrs. D, broke the deal.

On that basis alone, I suspect Kean/BRFC will be paying Sam's lawyers. The slander claim is gravy and will, if nothing else, allow Sam to investigate the circumstances surrounding his sacking. His curiosity, and perhaps ours, will be satisfied. ;)

Cheers for that makes me feel far more comfortable and confident about the expected final outcome.

I said on another thread previously that I can honestly see Venky's, should they be dragged into this, simply not responding to any legal action.

So can I. Responding to unwanted intrusions seems to be off limits.

I said on another thread previously that I can honestly see Venky's, should they be dragged into this, simply not responding to any legal action.

It would be the club though, which is a UK entity and could not ignore it

Going to get interesting now:

sportingintelligence‏@sportingintel

Separately letter forms Allardyce lawyers starting action against Kean and club have arrived at #rovers over THAT video.

Separately letter forms Allardyce lawyers starting action against Kean and club have arrived at #rovers over THAT video.

Oh what a shame, Imagine after a long flight and two days in India where you could have possibly lost your Job finding that on your desk.

It would be the club though, which is a UK entity and could not ignore it

They could easily ignore it. That wouldn't stop any legal process and they would ultimately end up having judgment marked against them (in their absence that is) perhaps but they've ignored every other piece of outside contact so far. I know they are not analogous to legal action but requests for comment, interviews and information are simply disregarded. The owners have sealed themselves off to the extent that the only feasible way of speaking to them is to turn up at their castle in Mordor and request an audience.

As owners of an English football club I doubt even this lot would be able to escape the long arm of this nation's laws. By ignoring it they might also end up with a contempt of court charge. Kean has presented Sam with the chance to wreak revenge in the best possible way - by destroying what is left of Kean's reputation in a courtroom and hitting him and his former employers in the pocket. Good luck to Sam.

Terrific news

IF Kean gets the sack - this will just form part of the reason and therefore no blame on the club

Don't think you quite have that right.

Firstly, it's likely that Sam's NDA, as reported in some quarters, prevented either party (Sam & BRFC <legal entity>) speaking in a derogatory fashion about each other.

The video shows Kean, allegedly, making personal slanderous (spoken and heard) statements about Sam's managerial abilities and ways of working; Kean also, allegedly, made a slanderous remark ("fecking crook"), and reason for Venky's sacking Sam, which could be attributed directly to the legal entity BRFC as it could be argued that Kean in his position of seniority (and could most probably be proved in court that the most senior operating 'official' in UK) was also speaking on behalf of the legal entity BRFC.

I think that both Kean & BRFC (legal entity) are in huge, huge trouble over this. As Sporting Intelligence advised yesterday, legal papers have been served on both.

Archived