BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prediction

I just can't believe it has come to this. Some of my mates like to take jabs at me and tell me to pick another club to support. "Hahaha, Rovers will never win anything! Why don't you jump on the Chelsea/Man United bandwagon with us?" I can't do that. My passion for a club is non-transferrable...I can't just suddenly start supporting another. It's almost as if someone says "Yeah, I know your child has been kidnappend, but don't worry...we found you a substitute! Just start loving this new one as if its your own and you'll forget about the other." My heart will always be half blue and half white, but the love is for the club, not the absentee landlords who run it now. I have no idea who I'll root for on Saturdays now...probably just for as many American players to do as well in the PL as possible, and maybe Fox Soccer Plus will show one out of every 15 Rovers matches if I'm lucky. Besides, I'm 100% convinced we're going to be in a survival struggle yet again next season unless the swill merchants in charge are ousted.

Thinking back to 94-95, I used to be utterly surprised when Rovers didn't win a match. If they fell behind, I was 100% confident the SAS would overcome whatever the deficit was and manage to pick up the three points. Watching a small town like Blackburn outlast the big boys and celebrate a football championship was one of the most inspiring moments I've ever witnessed in my lifetime, and I probably wouldn't be where I am career-wise had I not been a member of the pre-message board Rovers e-mail mail list (for those of you who happen to remember that). Hell, as recently as 2006, we were in the bloody running for Champions League qualification until the dying days of the season...

Fast-forward to today, and it's the exact opposite. I was genuinely shocked when we won any match these past two seasons, regardless of opposition. Our once proud club has been taken over by God only knows whom, and God only knows what their true nefarious agenda is. The owners have stubbornly decided to keep a manager who has got to have one of the worst records in the history of the league, and I can't imagine many other managers were given as much time to prove their incompetence as Kean has been. I just can't understand what he has done to prove he deserves another chance. Like many others on here, I'm not going to give BRFC another penny until the idiots I despise are long gone.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived