BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ravel Morrison

Wilberforce

I'm not usually one for posting dubious transfer gossip but just thought I'd share this as I heard it straight from the horse's mouth. I met Ravel at an event today and mentioned I was a Rovers fan when I was chatting with him and he said "I might be going on loan there next season".

Undoubtedly this lad is a talented player but I'm sure everyone is a bit sceptical about his "baggage" .

Worth a gamble next season or do you think that his bad reputation precedes him too much?

I only met him very briefly but I have to say that the impression I got was that his past misdemeanours were more a result of the company he kept rather than the guy himself.

Immensely talented player, but needs to be managed by a good to excellent man manager and tactician in order to fulfill his potential.

In other words, never in a million years should he go to the team with the worst manager in the world.

The bare bones are these: Morrison has moved south for about £650,000 up front, rising to £2 million should certain performance targets be met. With Morrison’s contract running down, United had no stomach for the lottery that is the transfer tribunal. West Ham have a low-risk talent who could bloom into something far more valuable.

Meanwhile, the player will earn nothing like the erroneous figures reported in the press recently, with Morrison’s starting salary of £12,000 per week only rising in increments to £65,000 should the player become a huge success and promotion achieved.

I find it hard to believe big Sam (the man sueing Kean, mistreated by the V****'s) would be willing to do buisness that may benefit us in any way. Who could blame him?

Maybe he thinks the lad has so much baggage it could actually be detrimental to us to sign him. A club in crisis already could be further unsettled by someone like him. And he knows we have the facilities and such to keep the lad in good shape for them. Also a case of putting him in the shop window if they're sick of him, or developing him if they're not. I doubt he is expected to play much Prem football next year.

Alternatively, maybe Ravel means 'if Kean goes I might go there next season'.

• Moderation Lead

He plays for West Ham, managed by our former manager who's just recently decided to take legal proceedings against us.

Safe to say, I expect this will be a non-starter.

Archived