BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

As some of you may be aware the Action group has secured meetings with the Premier Leage and Sports minister in Londofn, In addition to this the group is also hopeful of adding the FA and Football league to the growing list of meetings scheduled in next couple of weeks both locally and afar these include the leaders of Blackburn Council,

The meetings are set to take place the week commencing the 11th June, and could be spread out over 4 days as we are also trying to secure other meetings in the same week in London to tie in with these.

If anyone has any factual information they would like presenting, and supporting evidence could you please contact:

secretary@brfcactiongroup

In addition the cost of this trip is going to be steep due to travel and accomadtion, Most things to date have always been funded out of our own pockets, however the cost of this is going to be vast to the everyday supporter.

If anyone would like to make a donation to help share the burden it would be massively appreciated, payments can be made via paypal at

accounts@brfcactiongroup.co,uk

alternatively you can contact

rob@brfcactiongroup.co,uk the groups treasurer

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Glen,

Are these meetings going to be minuted/recorded by any chance and will you make them available to the public. Im starting my dissertation in September and its going to be on football club ownership,. Any pre reading would be massively appreciated, not only that Im sure every Rovers supporter and football supporter would be interested too.

Great job in getting the meetings by the way :)

What good do you see from these meetings, they are motivated by Politicians who only care about themselves. A total waste of time, sorry Glen but don't see the point. Kean ain't going anywhere, so only 1 solution for fans and I know it is hard. Do not buy any tickets to home games or any merchandise. Let them rot in hell. Hope they don't open a Venky's chicken shop in town as it will be empty too. A very sad and bitter long time supporter.

Taurus, bigger picture is that this is not just about BRFC, it can happen to any club at any time. Its just more disturbing that this has happened to Rovers considering before these numpties took over we were a blue print for how a club should be run. These people can put measures in place to stop it happening to other clubs, we as fans need answers to how this has happened we also need to make theauthorities understand what is going on with the club then pressure can be applied on Desai and Venkys.

I also believe that in the interests of BRFC a full and independent investigation needs to happen on how the club is being run, we the fans,the local community also dare I say some of the players and former employees and directors etc deserve answers.

The meetings will be fully reported, in addition to the premleague we are in dialogue with the fa and football league also

The. meeting at the prem will be with scudamore and the other top brass at the prem league .

Purpose of meeting is to put a case across regarding the takeover of rovers by Venkys, Anderson etc

Can't say too much on a forum board without compromising our position before we go regarding what we will present, hope you can understand this?

Not come to a decision on who will go yet, its on the agenda to be discussed in this weeks committee meeting

The Pune 9 (or whatever number)

Steve Kean, perhaps.

How about finding a few eloquent fans who can tell the story in a logical manner without being hysterical.

Taurus, bigger picture is that this is not just about BRFC, it can happen to any club at any time. Its just more disturbing that this has happened to Rovers considering before these numpties took over we were a blue print for how a club should be run. These people can put measures in place to stop it happening to other clubs, we as fans need answers to how this has happened we also need to make theauthorities understand what is going on with the club then pressure can be applied on Desai and Venkys.

I also believe that in the interests of BRFC a full and independent investigation needs to happen on how the club is being run, we the fans,the local community also dare I say some of the players and former employees and directors etc deserve answers.

Seggie, I fully agree with you but am only saying no one outside of Blackburn cares about Rovers. I agree that they need to be reprimanded if it can be shown they have mis-managed the affairs of the club. They have stripped a once proud club of its heart and I cannot see why those who remain at Ewood from the past have not said anything! very odd. We will have to wait and see.

The meetings will be fully reported, in addition to the premleague we are in dialogue with the fa and football league also

The. meeting at the prem will be with scudamore and the other top brass at the prem league .

Purpose of meeting is to put a case across regarding the takeover of rovers by Venkys, Anderson etc

Can't say too much on a forum board without compromising our position before we go regarding what we will present, hope you can understand this?

No more info than that?

Do you have an agreed published agenda?

Did you see the link I put on the other thread from when Pompey fans did the same? They didn't seem to get very far at all, so I would encourage you to be very well prepared in order to maximise your time effectively

(sorry if I'm stating the bleeding obvious).

After a week of various meetings and advise taken from MP's can I ask the following:

We need to take with us to these meetings 1000's of letters, names just wnt suffice on this occassion for adding pressure to have a investigation opened.

Could you please spread the word to every supporter of Blackburn rovers, and not just football supporters, but the community of Blackburn, as this also effects the town.

Emai address's for sending letters to

glen@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

mark@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

secretary@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

These need to get to us ASAP as the Week commencing the 11th June is when these will be submitted in person

Thank you

• Backroom

The effort is there to see but as we aren't a premier league club I doubt they will do more than humour us at Best

Well done Glen, I'll have a letter to you after this weekend, (daughter getting married Saturday).

Going to miss the action group/ BRIST meeting because of the wedding so would like as much info as possible via this site.

Is Andy Cryer going with you to meeting?

Got to keep this story live during the close season. The shambolic further events of this week show Venkys to be completely incompetent.

The meeting is scheduled for 13th June in London, whilst the Premier league meeting is next week.

The group meeting with the deputy mayor on Wednesday

The group meeting the new Mayor on Thursday

Meeting scheduled for meeting the Blackburn Council leaders on 6th June

FA and football league meeting date to follow,

Please keep those letters coming and thank you to all who already have sent some across

The meeting with the Premier League has been given a date, this will take place in Doncaster on Wednesday 30th May

In addition to this Wayne Hemingway has today put his weight behind the Action Group and agreed to become a honorary patron

Archived