BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the meeting today!

Head says “nothing will come of it”, heart says “hope it’s a step towards ridding ourselves of these illegitimates”.

All the best Glen, Mark et al; hope for some good to come out of the meeting.

Head says “nothing will come of it”, heart says “hope it’s a step towards ridding ourselves of these illegitimates”.

All the best Glen, Mark et al; hope for some good to come out of the meeting.

Yer i am not sure what will come of this meeting. I imagine that Scudamore will have just washed his hands of us.

But still a great effort by the group to get the meeting and hopefully they have some good ammunition to put the PL.

It wouldn't surprise me if Venkys (on behalf of other people maybe) had already spoke to the Premier League in advance of todays meeting to 'explain' how they are just cutting costs to get the club down to a financially manageable level. Venkys don't want any fans ruffling their chicken feathers and the PL will want to be able to give answers to the 'evidence' presented before them today to show that they have not been incompetent.

Absolutely delighted with the progress made today with Richard scudamore. we was taken seriously and all information supplied by us will be addressed. dialogue to continue.

You've been with Glen far too much. ;)

No doubt today's meeting was well intentioned .... but surely there can be only one of two possible outcomes :-

1) The meeting was unsuccessful. Scudamore et al nod and tut-tut in all the right places but ultimately 'do  nowt'. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager.

2) The meeting was successful. Scudamore et al are convinced of nefarious goings on at Ewood. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager AND a points deduction. 

Am I missing the point?

No doubt today's meeting was well intentioned .... but surely there can be only one of two possible outcomes :-

1) The meeting was unsuccessful. Scudamore et al nod and tut-tut in all the right places but ultimately 'do  nowt'. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager.

2) The meeting was successful. Scudamore et al are convinced of nefarious goings on at Ewood. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager AND a points deduction. 

Am I missing the point?

Well a points deduction could finally persuade that womman that keeping kean is not the best option. Mind you, from what we know of her she'd probably still want to improve his contract since she always does the opposite of common sense.

Well a points deduction could finally persuade that womman that keeping kean is not the best option. Mind you, from what we know of her she'd probably still want to improve his contract since she always does the opposite of common sense.

I think Venky's have proven so far that a little thing like 'points' are of no consequence.

As always, it will be the fans who suffer. Just look what the FA did for Pompey.

Am I missing the point?

Maybe the point isn't the outcome of the meeting. As you say, either way we are in trouble - but maybe it's all about simply having such a meeting andthe message that sends to the owners.

Deduct points, don't deduct points I'm not sure it matters in the great scheme of things.

Am I missing the point?

Best to do nothing then?

Todays meeting was attending by Mark Fish, Phil Thompson, Rob Crabtree, Philip Lingard and I. The team that went believed in each other and what we was going to present

The meeting went far better than anyone could have imagined, Mr Scudamore was very interested in what we had to say, what we presented in the form of a 347 page dossier and further supporting evidence from members of the Party who travelled,

We cannot say too much at this stage but to the supporters of our dear club, All I can say is we are delighted and the dialogue will continue between all parties whilst the other meetings planned are of even more importance now, due to the success of this one

• Backroom

Is Philipl on the committee now?

Obviously an intelligent and eloquent man so a good man to have in these meetings.

Am I missing the point?

Ewood s venky fan club is back ..

I'd take a deduction if it meant we were rid of the owners

Fair enough Tom if you believe the intention is to engineer a points deduction in order to force a sale. But it's a risky strategy. It could be argued that in such a scenario the owners would be even LESS likely to sell knowing that they are going to struggle to make any sort of return on their further devalued investment.

Is Philipl on the committee now?

Obviously an intelligent and eloquent man so a good man to have in these meetings.

We invited Philip as an Independent, and his knowledge was invaluable. He played a blinder today and it was joy to share the same room for the same cause with him

Archived