BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

• Backroom

Fair enough Tom if you believe the intention is to engineer a points deduction in order to force a sale. But it's a risky strategy. It could be argued that in such a scenario the owners would be even LESS likely to sell knowing that they are going to struggle to make any sort of return on their further devalued investment.

To be honest I don't know how likely to either sell or buck up their ideas in either situation :(

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next meeting please invite ABBEY. Every successful group has a mad cap, and knowing Philip went has simply confirmed that it was all very sensible, concise and professional.

Fair enough Tom if you believe the intention is to engineer a points deduction in order to force a sale. But it's a risky strategy. It could be argued that in such a scenario the owners would be even LESS likely to sell knowing that they are going to struggle to make any sort of return on their further devalued investment.

I don't believe there s any intention to 'engineer' a points deduction, but there is that risk obviously.

What you can't seem to grasp is that we didn't get relegated because insufficient numbers of fans turned up to shout "Play up Rovers!"

We were relegated, as forecast by most, because of the utter dysfunctionality that lies at the heart of the club as exemplified by the recent Rao interview.

Unless this is fixed by removal of the owners and current manager, the only way is down. Any action that brings that goal nearer has my support.

If it doesn't happen, it won't matter how many season-ticket holders turn up to "get behind the team' the club will sink further and further into the mire.

It was a team effort today and Glen had kindly invited me to be in attendance.

I will echo that we were extremely well received even if our message was a very uncomfortable one for us to deliver and for Richard Scudamore and his colleague to receive.

Glen and BRAG are handling the public follow-on from the meeting so I will not post any more on the subject.

Todays meeting was attending by Mark Fish, Phil Thompson, Rob Crabtree, Philip Lingard and I.

I cannot thank you all enough. We all have busy lives with work, wives and children. To take on this fight / cause on top of all that is staggering. Massive kudos.

Todays meeting was attending by Mark Fish, Phil Thompson, Rob Crabtree, Philip Lingard and I. The team that went believed in each other and what we was going to present

The Mark Fish and the Phil Thompson? The same Phil Thompson who proclaimed Steve Kean as a 'fantastic manager' this past season?

We cannot say too much at this stage but to the supporters of our dear club, All I can say is we are delighted and the dialogue will continue between all parties whilst the other meetings planned are of even more importance now, due to the success of this one

At what stage will we know what's gone on/been said in these meetings?

i was listening to radio lancs last evening and heard glen speak briefly bout the meeting today. glen, i think that you said (correct me if i'm wrong)that mr scudamore was SHOCKED by what you had presented to him in the form of that dossier. i appreciate that you cant say a lot because this is ongoing, but can you confirm wether mr scudamore was shocked by the size of the dossier or by what evidence was actually contained in it?

my own thought is that if he was shocked by the nuts and bolts of that dossier, then that tells me that mr scudamore realises something needs to be done.

Todays meeting was attending by Mark Fish, Phil Thompson, Rob Crabtree, Philip Lingard and I. The team that went believed in each other and what we was going to present

The meeting went far better than anyone could have imagined, Mr Scudamore was very interested in what we had to say, what we presented in the form of a 347 page dossier and further supporting evidence from members of the Party who travelled,

We cannot say too much at this stage but to the supporters of our dear club, All I can say is we are delighted and the dialogue will continue between all parties whilst the other meetings planned are of even more importance now, due to the success of this one

Glen, are you going to have a similar meeting with the Football League?

we all want to know the ins and outs but it is imperative that things are kept as quiet as possible on here (and other forums) simply because kean and his cohorts will be trawling the site (as they have been).

Let them stew in their own chit.

Well done to the four of you for giving up your time. Hopefully there will be some follow on from whatever you presented to Richard Scudamore and his colleague. If that forces their hand then so be it, if it forces them to dig a bit deeper into the murky goings on at Ewood and Brockhall that can only work in our favour. If there was enough evidence of irregularities and shady dealings then the police may get involved and the law of the land will come into play.

Well done again and thanks for your remarkable efforts.

Todays meeting was attending by Mark Fish, Phil Thompson, Rob Crabtree, Philip Lingard and I (...)

Wonderful work, gentlemen - sounds as if this meeting went a million times better than expected! You should all be awarded with the freedom of Blackburn if something in fact comes out of this!

Are the owners aware that this meeting took place? If there are further meetings planned then there must have been some decent documentation presented.

Just wondering if Venkys are getting a tad edgey?

This lot take ONE WHOLE MONTH to get over confusion, I would assume that means it takes a long time for things to register in their tiny Chicken heads. Even if they knew about the meeting it will be July by the time it sinks in, August by the time they decide they need to do something about it. Then it will take one month to decide who should action it and then one month for them to present proposals. Another month will be needed for the chickens to register the info and then another month to decide what to do. If we are lucky by january next year they maybe starting to get a little bit on edge.

I am 'new' to the site having been a contributor many moons ago. I have been astounded - and impressed - by the efforts of various members and fans in trying to bring about change for our beloved club.

Hats off to Glen and his team!

Whilst I appreciate everybody is desparate for change and to be 'in the know' about what's happening, I think it is important that those who were directly involved in the meeting with the PL are left to get on with it and that they aren't put under any pressure to reveal any "tit bits".

Failure to do this could prove counter productive. Glen and his team must be allowed to develop a dialogue and build rapport with the PL without having to deal with explaining away potentially harmful rumour/counter rumour it will only serve as a distraction and undermine the action group's integrity.

Once again, great job....and a BIG thank you.

PS philipl if you made the journey from Malta ~ RESPECT to you also ~ I'm sure your contributions will have been invaluable.

It was a team effort today and Glen had kindly invited me to be in attendance.

I will echo that we were extremely well received even if our message was a very uncomfortable one for us to deliver and for Richard Scudamore and his colleague to receive.

Glen and BRAG are handling the public follow-on from the meeting so I will not post any more on the subject.

Do you mean that it was uncomfortable because you were more or less telling the Premier League that they had let these snakes through the doors of Ewood and they had stood by as the club has been systematically taken apart?

Well done and thanks for your efforts.

• Moderation Lead

No doubt today's meeting was well intentioned .... but surely there can be only one of two possible outcomes :-

1) The meeting was unsuccessful. Scudamore et al nod and tut-tut in all the right places but ultimately 'do  nowt'. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager.

2) The meeting was successful. Scudamore et al are convinced of nefarious goings on at Ewood. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager AND a points deduction. 

Am I missing the point?

Having Kean as manager is like having a continuous points deduction anyway?

Well done lads, hope you got the concerns of all of us across, from the reports it sounds like you did brilliantly.

Hats off to all of you for your efforts.

I think Venky's have proven so far that a little thing like 'points' are of no consequence.

As always, it will be the fans who suffer. Just look what the FA did for Pompey.

Good Point Topman ... in fact if i look closely i may be able to see 2 :P

No doubt today's meeting was well intentioned .... but surely there can be only one of two possible outcomes :-

1) The meeting was unsuccessful. Scudamore et al nod and tut-tut in all the right places but ultimately 'do  nowt'. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager.

2) The meeting was successful. Scudamore et al are convinced of nefarious goings on at Ewood. We begin next season with deeply unpopular owners and manager AND a points deduction. 

Am I missing the point?

Yes, you're missing the point entirely.

As long as Scudamore takes this seriously and looks in depth at, and acts upon any evidence presented, then it has to be to the long term benefit of the club - points deductions or otherwise.

Well done to the guys taking this, in person, to Scudamore.

Archived