BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

The meeting takes place on Wednesday, We will be having a pre meet with Jack Straw over the weekend, who will be accompanying us to London.

So not a lot more to report on this front until we have met with Jack,

Does Nobody else suspect the real reason Scudamore & co. took this meeting was to find out exactly what Brag knows(or suspects) and what(if any!) real evidence they have, they told Mr. Mullen a freinds what they wanted to here but then simply passed on the info to the owners or more likely passed it onto Anderson&Co. so they can cover any traces they may have left behind, Scudamore clearly doesnt give a crap about brfc his recent comments have proved that, i think he just wants to help venkys&kentaro so to avoid any embaresment to the people that passed the owners as fit and proper and ok the sale.

Hope im wrong though and i do appreciate all the efforts of Brag+philip

We are in daily contact with the Premier league, and passing things to them as they coime to us. They have an awful lot of stuff to go on, and this is gonna take time. We are making significant in road as new stuff comes to light daily.

We have also sent some questions over to Jerome Anderson which we await his reply, or lack of reply before that particular line of enquiries takes another turn

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Nobody else suspect the real reason Scudamore & co. took this meeting was to find out exactly what Brag knows(or suspects) and what(if any!) real evidence they have, they told Mr. Mullen a freinds what they wanted to here but then simply passed on the info to the owners or more likely passed it onto Anderson&Co. so they can cover any traces they may have left behind, Scudamore clearly doesnt give a crap about brfc his recent comments have proved that, i think he just wants to help venkys&kentaro so to avoid any embaresment to the people that passed the owners as fit and proper and ok the sale.

Absolutely !

I was just having a look at the dawn of a new era thread,on the initial post Kamy wrote an outline of the Venkys terms of purchase.The one point jumped out to me was that the trust was to be kept on retainer for three years in an

advisory role.Now if this is actually in effect,surely they would be the ideal conduit for communication between the fans and owners.Who are the trust? does anybody have contact with them? would they be worth getting hold of.?

Sadly, this is closer to the truth than any hope of Scudamore riding to our rescue. Who do you think will be held accountable if it's uncovered that Rovers are indeed owned by a crime syndicate? We'll get the same support that Pompey did as they go hurtling to oblivion. Scudamore has already nailed his colours to the mast where Venky's are concerned. He'll do his best to sweep whatever mess he finds under the carpet and hope they bail out before the whole thing unravels itself.

Sadly, this is closer to the truth than any hope of Scudamore riding to our rescue. Who do you think will be held accountable if it's uncovered that Rovers are indeed owned by a crime syndicate? We'll get the same support that Pompey did as they go hurtling to oblivion. Scudamore has already nailed his colours to the mast where Venky's are concerned. He'll do his best to sweep whatever mess he finds under the carpet and hope they bail out before the whole thing unravels itself.

If that did turn out to be the case then maybe he would advise their advisors to advise them to bail out. At least we'd be shut of them then :wacko:

• Backroom

I was just having a look at the dawn of a new era thread,on the initial post Kamy wrote an outline of the Venkys terms of purchase.The one point jumped out to me was that the trust was to be kept on retainer for three years in an

advisory role.Now if this is actually in effect,surely they would be the ideal conduit for communication between the fans and owners.Who are the trust? does anybody have contact with them? would they be worth getting hold of.?

The last known picture of any member of the Trust is here:

head-in-the-sand1.jpeg

I imagine nothing much has changed.

That arrangement probably went out of the window within a few weeks of Venkeantaro taking over :unsure:

Ordinarily I would agree this cynical view would be the odds on favourite to hold true. The Premier League is after all a members' club of 20 owners and Venky's are in the club until the end of the month so to speak. Not only that but if the PL does something nasty to the Raos the other 19 will be thinking "they are not going to do that to me are they?" and it only needs 14 of them to feel strongly enough and Mr Scudamore gets his P45.

However, from 1 July, Rovers are the PL's responsibility through the parachute payment but don't have a vote nor are the Venky's concerns exactly paramount amongst the 20 owners who will be in next seasons League.

The calculation changes somewhat. For Scudamore, it becomes more a question of does he trust the chicken brains not to get themselves (and by extension, the PL CEO) into more trouble than they are already in and have been in? Moreover, is there yet more trouble the Venky's are already in without the PL or others knowing about it and if that is the case, is there anything in their 19 months track record that would indicate they would have the first clue how to make the right decisions in sorting the mess out? :o

In short, if you were Britain's foremost football administrator, would you tie your job and reputation to Venky's making logical football decisions? A series of right decisions at that, not just a stopped clock telling the right time twice a day getting lucky sort of right decision........ I think anybody who knows anything about football outside Venky's, Kean and assorted Svengalis and hangers on will be unanimous in saying that there is no way Scudamore will be going to take that particular gamble on the Loons of Pune being sensible.

The only certainty is that Mr Scudamore is having sleepless nights.

Wayne Hemingway.. said we are going down the right route and he also will be oming face to face with Mr Kean come the Ukraine match next Friday, and he said he wont be holding back his words.

Glen,

When and where is this confrontation going to take place and will we get to watch it live on TV ? Will they both be at the England v Sweden game ?

Oh, please let this be true ! It would be the highlight of Euro 2012 for me.

Btw, good luck with the next round of meetings. Respect and thanks to you, Phillip, Mark and the rest of your comrades for what you are doing for Rovers !

We are in daily contact with the Premier league, and passing things to them as they coime to us. They have an awful lot of stuff to go on, and this is gonna take time. We are making significant in road as new stuff comes to light daily.

This is exactly what BRFC Action Group said about the discussions with the club. The fan base, as far as I am aware, have never been told the content or outcome of those discussions. Will we ever be told the content of the discussions with the PL?

If there is sufficient evidence to convince Scudamore, which every other source has failed to find, where does this come from and what is it?

Personally I feel the PL are paying lip service to the fans and if there is real proof it would do more good in the hands of competent journalists. Scudamore is hardly concerned about Rovers and will do little, if anything, once he has held the fans at bay for a few weeks.

I hope they do more than the staff replying to emails at ewood I am sorry I did not mention it before but on the 1st of June I received a reply to one of my emails from Lyndsey Talbot she first did not include my original email then she preceded to answer none of my questions I don't have the exact email to hand as it was done through the contact us on the website but the gist of it was I was asking them after relegation should the owners have not come out and apologised for the club dropping out of the top flight to rovers fans all over including the people of Blackburn I emphasised this and the reply I got is below:

Dear Savio

Thank you for your email. The club has received many emails recently and whilst we cannot respond to every individual issue raised, each and every one is read and the comments are duly noted.

This has been an incredibly difficult season for everyone and has regrettably ended in relegation. Like you, we are also disappointed that we could not retain our Premier League status.

We must now reflect on the season, learn from it and try to focus on a return to the top flight as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Lynsey Talbot

Office Manager

all this letter tells me is they do not believe they need to apologise for anything and very much like kean tries to deflect attention from themselves by saying they are all hurting but no acknowledgement that because of the decisions made by the owners have put us in this position and it finally tells me they accept no responsibility for the mess we are in. Thoughts please? sorry mods could not think of a better thread to put this in.

Thoughts? Lynsey is not going to jeopardise her job Paul Hunt style by making any comment other than the company line. I feel for the club's employees. I expect they are having to go against their principles for the sake of their families. It's not as though there are many jobs out there.

I also imagine that it's a soul destroying place to go to work at the moment.

• Moderation Lead

Didn't someone post that exact same letter but with a bit added to the end in another thread?

To be fair I imagine they are sending a shed load of those types of letters out daily.

I thought that.

At first, I was critical of the club staff for not showing some mettle and criticising the owners. Now, I'm more of the opinion that they don't know any more than we do, and they're in an impossible situation.

I thought that.

At first, I was critical of the club staff for not showing some mettle and criticising the owners. Now, I'm more of the opinion that they don't know any more than we do, and they're in an impossible situation.

sometimes you have to bite your lip and keep your mouth shut if you want to hang on top your job..unfortunately jobs aren't easy to come by in this town !

yeah I suppose your all right what with jobs being hard to come by I just wish someone more senior would have replied to that letter but then again asking for one of the rao family to come and reply to these letters is like asking for Man City's owners getting bored with city and buying us and propelling us to the top of the divisions will never happen sadley.

Seriously doubt it. Great effort but I suspect he has bigger concerns that simply don't keep him awake at night.

I reckon now is the right time for him to be having sleepless nights, fans and even clubs are getting sick of the situation that we are all in.. with 2 massive fails this year in the UK and many more recent disasters I bet scudamore is having sleepless nights, it is his neck on the line and with other happenings he should know a Rangers/Luton/Portsmouth fiasco will be the end of him in this arena... after all he will not want to loose his nice little income, especially if politicians start to wake up and realise that getting involved in the national game could provide them with a nice little boost (even if it is short term).

Archived