BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacking Kean = 2nd Chance for Venky's?

I think Venkys have screwed up in every single possible way. If there is a decent alternative who wants to buy the club I would for sure applaud it, but I still doubt there will be a realistic buyer.

But for me to give Venkys one more chance it would require:

1) Sack Steve Kean

2) Apologize to the fans

3) Begin a more transparent way of running the club. Stop hiding in Pune and tell us what the plan for the club is. Honesty is usually the best way to build a relationship.

4) Get a decent board running and have the manager report to the board and not to 4 people in India that have to agree on everything.

5) Continue the clubs fantastic academy work.

If these 5 things were to happen I would be willing to give them another chance, because I do think that the idea of a Blackburn Pune academy is decent. And if they somehow were able to give Blackburn Rovers exposure (Way more than they have until now) in India I see this as a good thing.

All this is probably just a pipe dream so maybe a new owner is best for everyone.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the way in which our Premier League status was so needlessly frittered away by our owners means I could never warm to them. I spent too many years watching us struggle during the late 60s, 70s and 80s for me to forgive their complete and utter incompetence in so easily giving up our hard won top flight status. Forcing the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn out of the club; sacking Big Sam and putting Desai's favourite puppet in charge and then sacking Paul Hunt for telling her the truth about the state of the club under her ownership merely underline the fact that the Rovers will never grow unless the lunes in Pune are driven out of the club. They have turned a well run club into a national laughing stock and as far as I'm concerned there is no way back for them.

My thoughts exactly. I won't be going back while they are there running the club into the ground.

Club is totally corrupt in my opinion.

We all know the villains behind this corruption, and they need removing.

How and when this might happen, I don't know, but I echo Glen's sentiments, that the fight must continue.

Hands up who thinks moving Kean out of the official managers role changes a god damn thing.

BRFC is run by a sly fox, a dumb puppy, and the big V. Parasites the lot of em.

The events of the week just show Venkys, Kean, Anderson & Agnew as scheming RATS.

still can't spell properly them all for ripping out our clubs heart.

Never forgive - Never forget.

RTID

So they don't even have the balls to get rid of him full stop, and Agnew gets a promotion.

..........Venkys out.

Only then can the club begin to move in the right direction, with the cancer completely removed.

Check my signature.

"By their fruits you shall know them". A quote from the bible.

We have waited for the Venky tree to bear fruit. It has done. This fruit is ugly and terribly sour.

The Raos cannot change the fruit they have produced.

The tree needs to be ripped up and thrown on the bonfire.

Check my signature.

"By their fruits you shall know them". A quote from the bible.

We have waited for the Venky tree to bear fruit. It has done. This fruit is ugly and terribly sour.

The Raos cannot change the fruit they have produced.

The tree needs to be ripped up and thrown on the bonfire.

My signature speaks the truth too.

Quote from me.

KEAN IS A TURD!!!!!

Not a chance, they've well & truly pi$$ed their chips with me. Far too much water under the bridge.

Their last opportunity to build any bridges with me was when they failed to boot Keanocchio out after the Bolton game.

It's got so bad now I feel like a traitor if I have a KFC!

(Anybody know of a good hitman who'll do a discount on group bookings for 5 or more hits!?)

I just cannot understand how he has managed to stay employed after that video. I have been dubious about all the conspiracy theories surrounding his stake in the club. But i'm seriously starting to question if i was right to do so. I cannot explain how any rational bunch of people could not sack an employee for that video nasty.

If they chose to keep him on despite his pish poor performance then that simply questions their intelligence. But to keep him on in any capacity after that video brings into question their ethics. A family which seemingly does untold charity work in their homeland should not employ any individual in such a public position who has been PROVEN to be a liar, a criminal (the drink drive conviction) and general low life. To think of giving him any position as a director (of football or otherwise) is just mad. The bloke makes up words!! Can you imagine him representing the club in any kind of ambassadorial role? I mean honestly, think about that for just one minute. Just imagine he crosses paths with say Frank Arnesen or Damien Commoli (should he be employed elsewhere) etc.. We know he can't handle his booze. The man would further reduce the clubs kudos amongst the football world. He's been convicted of drink driving, filmed making libellous comments about a well respected manager and accused of attacking a sky journalist whilst drunk. He is hardly the man to have representing the club at high end functions when the champers is flowing. We'd be better employing Alan Brazil! At least he is a likeable drunk (allegedly)!!

If Venky's want any 2nd chance from me they need to open their feckin eyes! Write the Steve Kean era off. Sack him, his feckin agent, his feckin press monkey and start again. They claim the club is debt free so it'll be a good starting point. Take a leaf out of every other clubs book bar Doncaster and employ football people. Get a respected manager and a board of directors who are qualified to hold the position. This isn't a game. This is thousands of peoples jobs you've put in serious danger. Not just at the club but in surrounding areas where the clubs prosperity has a direct effect on the economy. Stop running the club with family members who know bugger all about anything football related. You cannot make nephews or cousins or grand parents into football agents to avoid agents fees! You cannot bring in chicken factory guru's to mastermind our assult on the transfer market! You need to do things properly. Stop cutting corners and try to understand the clubs tradition - something you promised us all you appreciated when you bought the club!

Just bloody well listen to people who have given their lives to following the club. They know more about its fabric and tradition than anyone. We don' expect the club to be run by refrendum amongst the fans, but you could learn a lot by considering the views of a few well placed fans such as Currie or Battersby.

Sorry for the rant

I just cannot understand how he has managed to stay employed after that video. I have been dubious about all the conspiracy theories surrounding his stake in the club. But i'm seriously starting to question if i was right to do so. I cannot explain how any rational bunch of people could not sack an employee for that video nasty.

If they chose to keep him on despite his pish poor performance then that simply questions their intelligence. But to keep him on in any capacity after that video brings into question their ethics. A family which seemingly does untold charity work in their homeland should not employ any individual in such a public position who has been PROVEN to be a liar, a criminal (the drink drive conviction) and general low life. To think of giving him any position as a director (of football or otherwise) is just mad. The bloke makes up words!! Can you imagine him representing the club in any kind of ambassadorial role? I mean honestly, think about that for just one minute. Just imagine he crosses paths with say Frank Arnesen or Damien Commoli (should he be employed elsewhere) etc.. We know he can't handle his booze. The man would further reduce the clubs kudos amongst the football world. He's been convicted of drink driving, filmed making libellous comments about a well respected manager and accused of attacking a sky journalist whilst drunk. He is hardly the man to have representing the club at high end functions when the champers is flowing. We'd be better employing Alan Brazil! At least he is a likeable drunk (allegedly)!!

If Venky's want any 2nd chance from me they need to open their feckin eyes! Write the Steve Kean era off. Sack him, his feckin agent, his feckin press monkey and start again. They claim the club is debt free so it'll be a good starting point. Take a leaf out of every other clubs book bar Doncaster and employ football people. Get a respected manager and a board of directors who are qualified to hold the position. This isn't a game. This is thousands of peoples jobs you've put in serious danger. Not just at the club but in surrounding areas where the clubs prosperity has a direct effect on the economy. Stop running the club with family members who know bugger all about anything football related. You cannot make nephews or cousins or grand parents into football agents to avoid agents fees! You cannot bring in chicken factory guru's to mastermind our assult on the transfer market! You need to do things properly. Stop cutting corners and try to understand the clubs tradition - something you promised us all you appreciated when you bought the club!

Just bloody well listen to people who have given their lives to following the club. They know more about its fabric and tradition than anyone. We don' expect the club to be run by refrendum amongst the fans, but you could learn a lot by considering the views of a few well placed fans such as Currie or Battersby.

Sorry for the rant

+1000

There is no second chance for Venky's.

They are far too far gone for that to happen.

The only question is how painful do they want the execution to be?

When do we think this execution will take place because I reckon we could sell tickets and make enough to buy the club lock stock and barrel? If there is dirt out there and you keep telling us there is Philip, then for goodness sake get it out into the public eye and let's have an end to it all. I for one am so sick of veiled hints but nobody having concrete evidence - it must be there if half of what one hears is tue so to hell with payoffs for confidentiality - tell us (not suggesting you have taken a pay off but there must be some who know and have got a good deal if they don't tell)

The only question is how painful do they want the execution to be?

Undoubtedly, the legalities of what you are implying are no walk in the park. That said, given that there are a plethora of ways to post anonymously on the internet, it seems odd that all we have really had by way of allegations is the Steve Kean Glasgow Gangsters story.

Why?

Sorry for the rant

Can i take this back? Venky's just leave! You have missed yet another opportunity to make things better with your paying public. They might not have meant much last year while you happily sat astride the PL gravy train. But the further you let this club slide, the more you will depend on them. And you've just pished them all off again. Will you ever learn?

Undoubtedly, the legalities of what you are implying are no walk in the park. That said, given that there are a plethora of ways to post anonymously on the internet, it seems odd that all we have really had by way of allegations is the Steve Kean Glasgow Gangsters story.

Why?

Glasgow gangsters don't get confused about where they went to school ;)

So far, it is clear Venkys are not running the club properly and not even shown a glimpse of any normality as owners - the message is simple, (Please don't use that word again) off.

Even if they are in total control of the club, which is questionable, they still have not learned anything and continue to make the same mistakes time and time again.

Kean has always bought well. The Yak being a perfect example, Goodwillie should score 30 plus next season, with a towering centre half and more dig in midfield I expect us to return as champions.

Archived