BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRSIT urge owners to get in touch.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

As much as I appreciate the effort- they're world champions at burying their heads in the sand, I just can't see them coming up for air any time soon...

Now then,

Brsit may be trying to contact the wrong people if talking about ownership of the club!

Mmmmmm :rock:

Don't know what you mean?

The Sky interview has given us hope that Venkys are now tackling the issues with renewed control, clarity, vigour and enthusiasm. Their no-nonsense, prompt decision-making has re-established an experienced, Blackburn-based executive team which can now appoint a trusted, knowledgable management hierarchy to achieve our immediate return to the top flight.

They have not as I pledged 5 grand, but wont be giving it as I can't see this plan working. To much of it doe's not make sence from your projected plan. You say we are going to average 28000 fans per game over the season, you are going to half the current wage bill and expect to be promoted. How many other fans are like me that have pledged but when it comes to the crunch won't stump up their hard earned cash? also to many other groups wanting 5 minutes of fame and not pulling together in the same boat. sorry but never going to work.

They have not as I pledged 5 grand, but wont be giving it as I can't see this plan working. To much of it doe's not make sence from your projected plan. You say we are going to average 28000 fans per game over the season, you are going to half the current wage bill and expect to be promoted. How many other fans are like me that have pledged but when it comes to the crunch won't stump up their hard earned cash? also to many other groups wanting 5 minutes of fame and not pulling together in the same boat. sorry but never going to work.

Why did you pledge to begin with?

As someone out of the Country at the moment,who has pledged, why no report on here of the Meeting. I know that 500 attended. I know that over 400 are commenting on the LT web-site,regularly on Rovers chaos.

On here seems to be the 'agnostics' and 'cynics'.....with some exceptional 'doers' performing heroics the vast majority seem to want to slag others off constantly,whether they be 'renewers' , 'tremblers', 'pledgers' or 'itks'.

These are emotional times. I still think that "the darkest hour is just before the Dawn"

For Blackburn 'United' to be a success it needs to find room for a 20% stake held by BRSIT in a future Club, whoever can get it wrested from the Raos( two Ians and Ilyas,Qataris etc). We need to put money into BRAG to allow it to go underground in the next two months and undermine the 3 pariahs(Mrs D, Keano and super Agent). And we need supporters who have not 'renewed' to swamp the ticket office on the day of restitution,take-over and resurrection. Keep the Faith.

I suggest you contact BRSIT and withdraw your pledge one thing they do not want is timewasters. So put up or shut up. This is not about making money it is about saving the club.

I have pledged, I attended yesterday and was impressed. For me this is about having a club for future generations (my grandchildren included) and the community. The purpose is to give the club back to the fans and the community. Progress needs to be made to have something in place when Venkys sell so the sooner shares are issued the better.

By the time Venkys are ready to sell we will be either in Division 1 or 2 and close to meltdown. The club will be worth nothing like £30M and probably nothing like £10M. At that stage a well run club could succeed on the plans that are being put forward. Yes crowds will not be 28000 but running costs will not be significant so a lower turnover will be required.

There will be a tipping point which will generate more publicity and more funds. Yes £10M is challenging but who would have thought £2M could have been achieved in such a short time. There is an untapped group of ex pats out there who may be interested in buying shares which could help boost funds. Lets remember the group is running on goodwill with lots of people (and that uncludes people of inflence) giving their time willingly. To raise so much in pladges up to now is fantastic.

The other thing to bear in mind is that a community trust sitting on £2 to £5M of shares would have to be involved in any future purchase by a third party. In view of what is happening it would be unthinkable that a new third party owner would not talk to this group and invite them to be involved in the running of the club.

Anyone who thinks the Rovers will be anywhere near the Prenier League in the years to come is living in the same parallel universe as Kean. This club is being destroyed picking up the pieces post Kean and Venkys will take years. BRSIT need to be ready for this.

Of course there are a number of morons who will pledge in order to create mischief, they usually have Burnley post codes. There has never been any calculation based on 28,000 crowds to my knowledge. As to the budgets in the case of a takeover then they will be set then, not in advance.

I suspect that you may find any business plans not easy to understand and difficult to make 'sence' of.

It does you no credit to post such negative twaddle.

• Backroom

Fact is somebody criticising the bid isn't the one who needs credibility, it's just an opinion, it's the bid itself that needs to build credibility and to be fair it seems yesterday has gone a way towards that.

If he was willing to pledge £5k initially he obviously isn't just negative and I have also seen the 28k figure in the list of assumptions along with promotion within 2 years.

I suggest you contact BRSIT and withdraw your pledge one thing they do not want is timewasters. So put up or shut up. This is not about making money it is about saving the club.

I have pledged, I attended yesterday and was impressed. For me this is about having a club for future generations (my grandchildren included) and the community. The purpose is to give the club back to the fans and the community. Progress needs to be made to have something in place when Venkys sell so the sooner shares are issued the better.

By the time Venkys are ready to sell we will be either in Division 1 or 2 and close to meltdown. The club will be worth nothing like £30M and probably nothing like £10M. At that stage a well run club could succeed on the plans that are being put forward. Yes crowds will not be 28000 but running costs will not be significant so a lower turnover will be required.

There will be a tipping point which will generate more publicity and more funds. Yes £10M is challenging but who would have thought £2M could have been achieved in such a short time. There is an untapped group of ex pats out there who may be interested in buying shares which could help boost funds. Lets remember the group is running on goodwill with lots of people (and that uncludes people of inflence) giving their time willingly. To raise so much in pladges up to now is fantastic.

The other thing to bear in mind is that a community trust sitting on £2 to £5M of shares would have to be involved in any future purchase by a third party. In view of what is happening it would be unthinkable that a new third party owner would not talk to this group and invite them to be involved in the running of the club.

Anyone who thinks the Rovers will be anywhere near the Prenier League in the years to come is living in the same parallel universe as Kean. This club is being destroyed picking up the pieces post Kean and Venkys will take years. BRSIT need to be ready for this.

Not knocking you Kendal but what are you meaning by a community trust sitting on £2-5million of shares.Who are they getting them from and as part of what deal?Just because there is a Trust with some money pledged doesn't mean they are invited into any deal-or does it in your opinion? Can't imagine the Trust phoning Venkys and saying right we raised £3m so can we have 10% ownership and getting very far.What makes you think Venkys would show any interest in that??

Not knocking you Kendal but what are you meaning by a community trust sitting on £2-5million of shares.Who are they getting them from and as part of what deal?Just because there is a Trust with some money pledged doesn't mean they are invited into any deal-or does it in your opinion? Can't imagine the Trust phoning Venkys and saying right we raised £3m so can we have 10% ownership and getting very far.What makes you think Venkys would show any interest in that??

I am no expert as I have only attended yesterdays meeting. But the idea is that at some stage in the future (near or mid) the pledgers will be invited to buy shares in BRSIT Ltd. At this point the pledger will need to commit hard cash by buying shares.

The company is being set up as a community trust so there will be conditions associated with the purchase of shares to ensure the aims of the community trust are maintained, for example the shares will be 'locked' and cannot be traded. The concept of 'community trust' is well established so there will be plenty of safeguards to ensure the trust principles will be maintained.

At that point BRSIT Ltd will have hard cash (share capital)not just pledges. Therefore they will be able to approach Venkys with an known amount of money and hopefully this would form the basis for negotiations to commence. The initial idea is that £10M will be required just to show intent. Whether or not it would be enough depends on what happens in the future. But as of today the club, in my opinion, is worth nothing like £30M.

My point about third parties was not in relation to Venkys (who would want to get into bed with them). It was about when Venkys want/have to sell. Any new buyer would have to talk to the trust if they had £2 to £5M of issued shares.

Dan or Wayne could confirm what I have said. I personally think it is achievable. Dan said yesterday that 1200 individuals had pledged to date. Of the 500 present yesterday most had not pledged so there was an opportunity of increasing the amount pledged.

I think when shares are issued and people see what is happening the idea should start to grow.

We need to preserve the club for future generations the only way forward is to have full or partial ownership of the club by the fans.

But the idea is that at some stage in the future (near or mid) the pledgers will be invited to buy shares in BRSIT Ltd. At this point the pledger will need to commit hard cash by buying shares.

And that is when you will see all the bravado and the chest beating of the 'pledgers' turn to dust and disappear I'm afraid to say.

Statistics from similar schemes show numbers of 80 to 90% converting pledges to cash.

There is also those who will join when it looks like it is a real possibility.

Question for all those who are busy pouring cold water on the BRSIT scheme, what would you do to save our team from any owners who want to asset strip the club for financial gain? In reality the only people who have a 100% commitment to the club are the fans .

I suppose one of the alternatives is to sit on the sidelines, criticising others. That is the definition of a spectator rather than a participant. BRSIT gives a vehicle for the fans to take a share in a Community Trust, that community isn't Blackburn but the members of BRSIT.

On the positive side there are many hundreds who are already commited to the idea. Heading towards two thousand if you combine the pledges before Saturday and those attending the meeting. There has also been fantastic support from the local MPs and council leaders and really positive critical review from Supporters Direct of the plan.

And that is when you will see all the bravado and the chest beating of the 'pledgers' turn to dust and disappear I'm afraid to say.

Perhaps you ought to change your name, the real Simon Garner backs this. As to chest beating? That sounds a bit of spin in your part and doesn't reflect what I have seen. Pride in what's been achieved so far - yes, awareness of how difficult the next stage is - yes.

This can succeed,it is a long shot but there is a lot more substance than you choose to imagine. We can all choose to make up all sorts of predictions that aren't based on anything but our own opinions.

Archived